Starting Over Need Help

Options
I'm 17, soon to be 18 in April and I'm a little under 5'9 and weigh 183lbs... Waist 32. I want to loose about 20-25 pounds and I just can't stick to anything. I cheat diets extremely quick. So I was wondering if anyone had any tips for me, I want to look good for prom at the beginning of May. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Replies

• jemma2016
    jemma2016 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi - I would suggest keeping a journal or keeping track of everything you eat. Also, plan out your workouts and what you're going eat ahead of time for the week. Use a weight scale to portion out your food. It's really easy to add on calories without realizing, if you don't weigh it. The weight scale is only $10 on amazon too.
  • Apicius
    Apicius Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Your motivation must come from yourself- for most of us a switch goes on and we do not want to continue the way we are. However motivation only goes so far. Given your age, this is an excellent time to establish good habits for a lifetime, not just to prom time.

For instance, exercise every day, dont drink soda, get your serves of fruit and vegetables, lean protein and dairy. Pick one habit that could be better each week and change swop an unhealthy thing for a healthy one. If you cant stick to a diet, just make your choices healthy ones. Learning how to get to and stay a healthy weight when young is the best thing you could do for yourself for the rest of your life.

The last thing you want to do is to get in a roundabout of diet-not diet.

Good luck.
  • HelloTrackStar
    Options
    Apicius wrote: »
    Your motivation must come from yourself- for most of us a switch goes on and we do not want to continue the way we are. However motivation only goes so far. Given your age, this is an excellent time to establish good habits for a lifetime, not just to prom time.

For instance, exercise every day, dont drink soda, get your serves of fruit and vegetables, lean protein and dairy. Pick one habit that could be better each week and change swop an unhealthy thing for a healthy one. If you cant stick to a diet, just make your choices healthy ones. Learning how to get to and stay a healthy weight when young is the best thing you could do for yourself for the rest of your life.

The last thing you want to do is to get in a roundabout of diet-not diet.

Good luck.

I understand what you mean, that's what I really want to do. I want to learn now so I don't have to risk health issues later. I have an idea of how I'm gonna get there but I just need to stick with it. Thank you so much I hear you loud and clear and appreciate the time you took to answer me. (:
  • HelloTrackStar
    Options
    jemma2016 wrote: »
    Hi - I would suggest keeping a journal or keeping track of everything you eat. Also, plan out your workouts and what you're going eat ahead of time for the week. Use a weight scale to portion out your food. It's really easy to add on calories without realizing, if you don't weigh it. The weight scale is only $10 on amazon too.

I'm getting better at tracking my food and I'll look into a weight scale and see if I can grab one. Thanks (:
  • ktley
    ktley Posts: 4
    Options
    hey my name is kyley im 16 5 feet and 1inche tall my goal weight is 120lb i am currently 145 so need to loose 25lb i use to be 154 got down to 120 then slowly let myself get up to 145 for some reason it has been alot harder for me to get back down i would love some tips from bout exercising and healthy eating!! the only thing that has been holding me back lately is that i just had knee surgery on my left knee and am in recovery , a couple days ago i dislocated my right kneeaswheel soo have been takeing it easy. while i have been layed up i have been really thinkin gbout how much u really want to tone up!! i really want to work on my upper boddy untill i can work on my legs!!! i think if i do work out that will give me more motivation with recovery!! my biggest goal is to look good in a bikini!! i would love to here tips on healthy eating and exercising with useing one knee while onther has to syat straihgt, im gonna try and come on this app every day and right a post of how im doing!!! soo send me a friend request ~~ Kyeley