Weekly Post 08/02/ - 14/02/15

Options
flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
I'm back from my 4 day snow shoe /yoga retreat, so it is definitely time for a new weekly thread.

We hiked 3-4h per day and had very varying weather conditions.... A great group, a wonderful guide, beautiful landscape and yummy food....what more can you ask for.

Back to work and fasting tomorrow, but first a few pics for you.

b3ioqmqxqfh9.jpg

mxh8r3od53bh.jpg

dw2ovgq25ide.jpg

m9w651r6vk34.jpg

Replies

• loveswalking
    loveswalking Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Wow what beautiful pictures.
  • JJA14
    JJA14 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Breathtaking.
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    @flumi_f That looks wonderful! Is that you in the purple or did you take all of the pics?
  • chiccam
    chiccam Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Incredible!
    What an adventure!
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Yup. I'm the purple one
  • uptightoutasight
    uptightoutasight Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    And I am back from my beach holiday, but you don't get to see photos of me in swimmers! Only put on about half a kilo or a lb, so I am happy. Doing 4/3 this week to make up for it. 1 down, 2 to go but should be at least back to the old weight by Friday. I had limited internet so missed lots of posts and too many to read. Happy fasting to those who are today.
  • JJA14
    Options
    Here's to another fabulous week! Looking forward to today's fast. I have leftover chinese veg if I want them for tea - thought I might make an egg-drop soup with them (using egg white only.)
    - Have a great week everyone.
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    @Flumi. Love the pics. The handstand in snow made me :smile: You're so good at carving out time to rejuvenate :)
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    what gorgeous pics!!!! Well, I am down 2.4lbs from Friday! So, thinking I was hanging onto some water weight when I weighed in. I've lost 5.8 lbs since 12/30 which is the most weight I've been able to lose in YEARS!! I was always gaining and losing the same 2-3 lbs over and over. I'm hoping once my thyroid meds kick in, i'll lose a few more! Fasting today! Have a great day everyone!
  • JJA14
    Options
    Great news bburg, keep up the good work!
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    Options
    JJA14 wrote: »
    Great news bburg, keep up the good work!

thanks! :)
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Almost abandoned today's fast as the chocolate bar and some fruit cake attacked me. But I WON!! Just 90 cals over my fast, so I'm definitely counting it ;-)

9pm and drinking my bed time tea.
  • jknight001
    Options
    bburg86 wrote: »
    what gorgeous pics!!!! Well, I am down 2.4lbs from Friday! So, thinking I was hanging onto some water weight when I weighed in. I've lost 5.8 lbs since 12/30 which is the most weight I've been able to lose in YEARS!! I was always gaining and losing the same 2-3 lbs over and over. I'm hoping once my thyroid meds kick in, i'll lose a few more! Fasting today! Have a great day everyone!

So happy for you! What I love about this program is that there are so many to people to cheer for. It encourages me too!

• jknight001
    Options
    Happy Monday, all. First fast day of the week. Went a over my TDEE this weekend so we will see what Friday's weigh-in looks like. Just for today, focusing on my 500 cals.

I wanted to encourage you all, especially you on the go young-ins, to get your rest. A rested mind is more content and makes better choices. A rested mind is better suited to resisting the cravings that want to bring us down. If you are having a lot of cravings, could just be your body's way of saying you are tired.

That was my public service announcement for this post. Have a great day! :D
  • lulu1066
    lulu1066 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    gorgeous pics flumi! looks beautiful
  • chiccam
    chiccam Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Congrats BBurg!

I managed my first fast day of the week on Sunday! Happy to have one in the bag and to maintain control over the weekend. Working hard for a weightless this week.

Let's do this!
  • JJA14
    Options
    This is such a positive board. According to eating 'type' I am emotional and therefore should join a slimming group. I can't stand slimming groups so you lot are my compromise and it's working! So thank you.
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I agree as well...thanks to you all for be here. I have been struggling for a while, since Christmas time. I have been maintaining (which I'm happy about), but I know I need to do more. I'm suffering from a cold (I finally caught the one my kids have had the past week) so just drained...

My hubby in in between contacts at the moment (he's a IT contractor). So having him home just throws my routine off and I find it hard to plan, stay focused and disciplined. I know it's an excuse, but I know that once he's back on another contract I will be much more focused and strict with myself. (Just hope it's sooner rather than later)

Thanks to everyone here for letting me putter along with all of your successes.

And @flumi_f love the pics...looks like so much fun! Although really cold :o
  • BadgerLamb236
    BadgerLamb236 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    What gorgeous pictures - I am SO jealous! For a week now my husband and I have been suffering from some horrible virus and eating has been erratic to non-existant, but I don't feel lighter or smaller (?). We are still not fully recovered, so I'm just taking each day as it comes this week and hope to get back into routine soon. Not helped by the fact we are waiting for a gas delivery so its a bit chilly at the moment. Kudos to all the fasters. :)
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    Options
    I agree!! Such a great group! I'm now up to 2.8 lost since Friday! I never ever get on the scale more than once a week, but I just can't help it this week. LOL. My fast was over 500 yesterday. it was bad!!! I was so hungry. Oh well, I'm not too hung up on it.