Weekly Post 08/02/ - 14/02/15

Options

Replies

• karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hiiiiiiii omfg I'm so jealous! I've never seen snow...
    My fast day on Monday was easy as thanks to a double shift. My next fast day will be Thursday.
    Ooh and yayyyyyy I've lost 1.5kgs
    Happy fasting my awesome new friends
  • JJA14
    JJA14 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi Karen - As for me, I'm in England so I've never seen the sun!!!
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    snaps27 wrote: »
    I agree as well...thanks to you all for be here. I have been struggling for a while, since Christmas time. I have been maintaining (which I'm happy about), but I know I need to do more. I'm suffering from a cold (I finally caught the one my kids have had the past week) so just drained...

I think it is fantastic that you are maintaining! Not easy to do when one doesn't feel well.

Hope you feel better soon. Hang on. Spring will be here before you know it.

• jknight001
    Options
    FD #2. Let's do this thing!
  • chiccam
    chiccam Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Finished FD #2. I saved calories for a small mcdonalds ice cream cone and my husband brought home a chocolate dipped cone.... :s
    So I'm a bit over. Live and learn.

I still feel good about it and hope to see a budge in the scale tomorrow.
    Planning on FD #3 on Thursday.
    This has been easier for some reason this week.

I'm doing a lot of visualization of me at goal weight on my paddle board. It helps make me want something more than food.

Congrats to all the losers!!!
    Those maintaining just need to tweek their routine.
  • iwannabeonthebeach
    iwannabeonthebeach Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    FD#2 for the week. I'm at home at the moment & not working so in a way its easier. I'm waiting until I get hungry before I eat (still sticking to the FD menu plan). Tried this on Monday and came in under 500 cals for the first time :smile:
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Thx@jknight001 :)
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    My 2nd fast day is tomorrow! I ate really clean yesterday. I was happy about it. I hope to be in the 160's when I weigh in on Friday!!! (fx for 169 or 168!!)
  • cal0rina
    cal0rina Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    First FD of week today, late but food has got the better of me for a few days and I need to show it whos boss!
  • hayleymawr
    hayleymawr Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Great to see such positivity. Fd2 for me tomorrow - I'm looking forward to it!:&

It's such a challenge and great to feel in control, especially after a day like today where I haven't enjoyed the food I've had, but have had too much anyway.
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I'm in stall again. Doing something wrong. Gonna check the spreadsheet for clues.

Did closet cleaning and it REALLY cheered me up to see how big the old clothes were. Sometimes patting yourself on shoulder for job well done is an equally tasty prize as chasing for new victories :)

Good luck to all of you fasting tomorrow :)
  • chiccam
    chiccam Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Today was a tough non fast day. Stress, and unplanned treats at work got the best of me. Tomorrow will be a fast day which is a relief.
    If you're friends with me and view my diary, don't judge :\

Good thing is I'm brushing myself off and continuing with tomorrow's planned fast. In the past when I've made poor food choices, it leads to more poor choices until I've gained 10lbs. Not anymore.
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Fasting today. Bet I'm not alone ;-)

Had a bit of a fall out with a nut cake yesterday after closing my diary, so it is good to fast today....
  • cal0rina
    cal0rina Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    It's interesting to see how many of us like the day off aspect of fast days,
    Good non weight indicator of loss foamroller, you made me chuckle with your three pencil skirts in three sizes, I must start tracking inches as well as kilos, I am starting to go from barrel to pear shaped again, there's a waist in there somewhere ;)
  • SofaKween
    SofaKween Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    FD for me today too. My stomach is protesting and rumbling loudly but my brain is fine about it. I have nothing in for my meal tonight though, so going to have to brave the supermarket hungry. Bad planning.

Foamroller - Just because the scales are stuck doesn't mean it's anything you're doing wrong; non-weight victories are so important; managed to get into my new jeans this morning without having to suck in my tummy (too much).

Flumi - great photos. So jealous. JJA - am also in the UK - I'm pretty sure I saw the sun on Saturday - did you blink and miss it?
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    FD2 for me today. I too am already hungry, but drinking some warm tea. Weigh in day is tomorrow, and so looking forward to a 3 day weekend!
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    FD2 for me as well. I have just had a mushroom omlette with mange toute peas. and now feel very full. just must not go mad over the weekend.
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    @nanana and @calorina. Ty for support, and you're right. Maybe I have just a bit of diet fatigue. Just made ice cream for the first time in my life. Sans ice cream machine with salt and ice cubes. Good workout shaking! Sugar free Vanilla custard with raspberries. The mix wasn't cold enough, so now it's in the freezer.

Anyway. I'll find out what's going on and report back. Hmm, that would probably be a good thread topic. We all got some bumps on the road, hearing about what solved it, could be inspiring.
  • jknight001
    Options
    Foamroller wrote: »
    I'm in stall again. Doing something wrong. Gonna check the spreadsheet for clues.

Did closet cleaning and it REALLY cheered me up to see how big the old clothes were. Sometimes patting yourself on shoulder for job well done is an equally tasty prize as chasing for new victories :)

Good luck to all of you fasting tomorrow :)

I was wondering if you might be building muscle which weighs more than fat? Maybe you are just transitioning to a new body composition? Have you taken your measurements?

• lulu1066
    lulu1066 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm up in the mountains having a week off 5:2. Brilliant to feel hungry after a ton of skiing and to tuck in. We get back on Saturday and that'll be a fast day and then i'll be back on mon, wed, friday. Too many times when I've put on weight over xmas or holidays, my overeating carries on for another couple of months! Been checking in and love hearing how you're all getting on x