Lose 10 by St. Patrick's day anyone?

Options

Replies

• girlbean
    Options
    I'm in! Losing the last ten has been the hardest. I'm 52 years old, 5'6" and weigh 144. Want to get around 137 range. Let's do this! :D
  • annedoud
    Options
    I turn 50 in May. It is getting tougher to lose. I am 5'3" and 133#. Would really like to get down to 213 by St pats day. The first 5 were easier to lose! Friend me if you are in this tough boat with me. We can inspire each other.
  • elestrada4
    elestrada4 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would like to join you all. I have about 10-15lbs to lose. Been fluctuating around the same weight for too long!
  • orchiid2
    orchiid2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! 5'2", around 125 lbs, GW 115. What's everyone's plan? I'm thinking weights (bodypump/free weights) 2-3x per week, running or cycling 1-2x a week, soccer 1x a week and yoga thrown in there.
  • mrad16962
    mrad16962 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    :'(
    corinic91 wrote: »
    I'm in! Still got about 20 lbs to end goal, but 10 lbs by St. Patty's day is an (aggressive but) achievable goal. 143 now, want to be 120-125. I'm going to a festival the weekend right after it, so I'd like to look my best!

• mrad16962
    Options
    Hi I just saw this ok I'm in..my goal is to get to 110-115...I'm 142 now lost 10 ..and as usual my motivation. .or focus is slacking..workouts have been suffering from me not showing up...lol...so my workouts will be an immediate change I can make..nutrition has been very good until today I made today a cheat day..1st one since January 2nd when I started...I started at 152.6 I weighed in today at 142.0 (it's also that time)so I wished I waited til Wednesday to weigh in...oh well..so I gave in to my cravings today and am over my calorie intake and carb intake...so tomorrow will be a good day...how's everyone doing?
  • mrad16962
    Options
    annedoud wrote: »
    I turn 50 in May. It is getting tougher to lose. I am 5'3" and 133#. Would really like to get down to 213 by St pats day. The first 5 were easier to lose! Friend me if you are in this tough boat with me. We can inspire each other.
    Hi ,I feel your pain I'm 51 5'3 ..sigh 142lbs..just lost 10..this past month..I'm fit I do Beachbody workouts..but I've lost some focus this last week. .I'm glad I found this group ...building muscle helps alot ...starting tomorrow I'm getting back on the workout wagon. ...
  • mrad16962
    Options
    MrsLegolas wrote: »
    Samma6652 wrote: »
    Hey ladies! Have a great day! Make healthy choices and stay positive. I know it is hard, but i know i feel better after seeing so many of you in the same boat as me and it makes me feel like i am not alone. Keep up the hard work.

Tip for drinking more water: carry a bottle around all day. It's easier if the bottle has a straw. I know it's tough, especially when that "i gotta go feeling" kicks in and you're at work with no break in sight (i work on an ambulance so i go when i can, incase we get a call).

We can do this! :D

Thanks Samma6652! I feel the same way - it's so helpful knowing we're all in this together! We can do it! :)

I love my 74oz water bottle...I filter all my water for the fridge and ice..and my dog..I drink all day long that and tea are pretty much all I drink..
  • mrad16962
    Options
    mrad16962 wrote: »
    Hi ,I feel your pain I'm 51 5'3 ..sigh 142lbs..just lost 10..this past month..I'm fit I do Beachbody workouts..but I've lost some focus this last week. .I'm glad I found this group ...building muscle helps alot ...starting tomorrow I'm getting back on the workout wagon. ...

• mrad16962
    Options

• mrad16962
    Options
    I have very recently decided to give up alcohol in order to loose 10 pounds. So I am in for loosing 10 pounds by Patrick's day.

Im in too! I've also given up alcohol in order to finally shift this weight. Im 5'3 and 147 pounds. Im finding it impossible to shift weight the closer I get to 40!!!!
    Alcohol. ..lol...I've given it up too...til st pattys..My husband is from Ireland there's always Jameson at the house..we stay in on St Patrick's day. ..and drink...lol...and eat...
  • mrad16962
    Options
    I have very recently decided to give up alcohol in order to loose 10 pounds. So I am in for loosing 10 pounds by Patrick's day.

Im in too! I've also given up alcohol in order to finally shift this weight. Im 5'3 and 147 pounds. Im finding it impossible to shift weight the closer I get to 40!!!!
    Alcohol. ..lol...I've given it up too...til st pattys..My husband is from Ireland there's always Jameson at the house..we stay in on St Patrick's day. ..and drink...lol...and eat...

Im 5'3 too 142.0..and 51..it's so hard to get to my goal...115
  • mrad16962
    Options
    orchiid2 wrote: »
    I'm in too! 5'2", around 125 lbs, GW 115. What's everyone's plan? I'm thinking weights (bodypump/free weights) 2-3x per week, running or cycling 1-2x a week, soccer 1x a week and yoga thrown in there.
    Im doing BODYBEAST and t25...T25 a.m. Beast pm
  • tigerx2015
    tigerx2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in (seeing as I'll be at the beach)!
  • Fatimahasnain
    Fatimahasnain Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I was also in valentines day challenge... Lost 8lbs... My CW 118 lbs.. GW 110 lbs... My weight loss is really slow n I know I will require really hard work for this.. Becoz of my coccyx pb I mainly depend upon running/ walk... Consider me in
  • crysta1000
    crysta1000 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I have gained a few inches and refuse to step on the scale. I'm probably around 120ish and 5"1. Glad I ran into this post because I need some motivation! Good luck everyone!
  • kiwishereem
    kiwishereem Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I'm in! I'm 46 and 5'3" and CW 150lbs. Live in NZ I've put on 10lbs over the summer holidays after losing 20lbs before :'( Tired of getting close to goal and then putting half back on. Harder to lose the older I get so this time I'm determined - and 10lbs by St Pats is a great start. Joined the gym and MFP today!!
  • TracyDP
    TracyDP Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Awesome. I love the motivation. It's great to see so many committed!
  • crysta1000
    crysta1000 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    crysta1000 wrote: »
    Count me in! I have gained a few inches and refuse to step on the scale. I'm probably around 120ish and 5"1. Glad I ran into this post because I need some motivation! Good luck everyone!

Finally stepped on the scale this morning.
    CW 120.4
    GW 110
  • vkandersdc
    vkandersdc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    OK, I'll give it a try, though it might be tight. I have a race this Saturday and don't eat at a deficit for a couple of days before a race because I want to perform well.

5'8"
    159.4 this morning
    Let's see if I can get under 150 by 3/17.