Looking for all the motivation I can get.

Options
cwms3rd
cwms3rd Posts: 31 Member
Hi my name is Trey and I am in my 40's. I have a son that is 2 and is full of energy. I am currently 325 pounds and can not keep up. I have a feeling this is going to get worse as time passes and am willing to put the work in so I can be there for him in the future. I could use any encouragement that anyone can offer. Thank You.

Replies

• mlrobert74
    mlrobert74 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Trey - I'm 40 with a 3.5 year-old and in the same boat. My daughter deserves a mom who can run around with her. I've started MFP after a long absence and hope that it will help to keep me on track with weight loss. Any short-term goals you'd like to share?
  • WVMountainMamma
    WVMountainMamma Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Welcome Trey!!! Kids are hard to keep up with lol. Teens are nor much better. :)
  • KimWW
    KimWW Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I wish I had had the willpower to do something about my health when my kids were little, then maybe I wouldn't be seeing them making all the same mistakes I made as a teen.
  • cwms3rd
    Options
    Kim that is a big reason I am doing this. I do not want my son following this path.
  • FloraJL
    FloraJL Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Trey, my son is the reason I'm here, too!

Next year he turns 9 on January 9th, which makes it his magic birthday. And where do you go for your magic birthday? Why, the Magic Kingdom of course!

At the end of December I realized there was NO FREAKING WAY I was going to be able to walk around the park and I refuse to embarrass him by being the fat mom on a scooter. (It would be one thing being on a scooter because I had an injury or a health problem, but just because I can't go 100 yards without huffing and puffing? Too humiliating!)

This group has been a great boost for me. I hope it is for you too!
  • ShannonTourne
    ShannonTourne Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Trey, I'm glad that you have found a group that is encouraging. We are all in the same boat. The only thing I would encourage you to think about is making sure that you are doing this for yourself as well. Not only does your son deserve a healthy dad, but you deserve that for yourself. You are worth it! :)
  • eczarnecki
    eczarnecki Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Trey, you can do this, it helps me if I just take small chunks. I noticed I started feeling better during activity after losing about 5% of my body weight. I'm able to do alot more these days instead of sitting it out.
  • LadyRowyn
    LadyRowyn Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi Trey
    You can do this! My 2 almost 3 year old daughter is my biggest motivator. I was so embarrassed last Feb when we were at SeaWorld and I went to ride a small roller coaster and the lady had trouble putting the bar down. Luckily we were able to squish my belly down enough for it to be secure and safe. I was mortified.

I've now lost 25lb and feel so much better and have more energy to run around with my daughter without being winded....to much. It takes time, but it's so worth it, just like you are.

Remember You Are Enough and You Can Do It!
  • cwms3rd
    Options
    Thank you everybody for the support and encouragement. It has been a great help.
  • Miss_Mania
    Miss_Mania Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group Trey!! You can definitely do this!! Especially with a gorgeous son like that as motivation!!