Trying to cut carbs & exercise to loose 10 pds

Options
Tough to get off sweets since holidays

Replies

• Jdkbs
    Jdkbs Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Have you thought of substituting with a limited amount of artificialy sweetened treats? Or do they not agree with you as well? Maybe bump up your fat intake. What about a non food treat you would enjoy?
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    The thing I turn to when craving sweets at all is a version of a fat bomb called Cream Cheese Clouds. I don't even like cheesecake at all and have always had problems with my stomach agreeing to cream cheese, but these little babies are a gift from the Gods above, or whatever you believe. They give just the slightest hint of sweet and an utterly fulfilling dose of fats. After all of this, my cravings are almost instantly gone. I have had literally 5-10 chocolate chips about 3 or 4 days in the last month, and that kills any chocolate craving might have been creeping, but I've discovered that if I make sure to keep my fat balance at every meal interval, the cravings in general are all but non-existent! It is beautiful.
  • arhoney
    arhoney Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss: How do you make the Cream Cheese Clouds? I would love to try them.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I posted the recipe I use on my blog: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/KnitOrMiss/view/cream-cheese-clouds-recipe-728462

But I've heard others use different extracts than vanilla, and essentially they are just a simple variety of fat bomb. I tried using unsweetened kool-aid mix in a batch because I had it on hand and was tired of every extract I looked for being sweetened with sugar/honey/etc., and let me tell you, aside from the annoying dye aspect, one packet (I used pink lemonade) will work for FOUR batches of clouds. I usually do a double batch for convenience for my guy and I for a week, but dear goodness, these are so sour, even with additional sweetener, that they rival the most sour pickles I've ever had... It is wacky. Wish I had thought to add only a little at a time...

Also, rather than a scooper or spoon, I load the mess up into a ziploc bag, cut off the corner, the squeeze like a pastry bag onto wax paper to freeze in portions. You can squeeze 95% of the stuffing back out by using a spatula (hard or soft) or the flat side of a knife to scrape the outside of the bag on a flat surface. I've used this method of filling deviled eggs for years since the suggestion was made for picnics!
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    I posted the recipe I use on my blog: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/KnitOrMiss/view/cream-cheese-clouds-recipe-728462

But I've heard others use different extracts than vanilla, and essentially they are just a simple variety of fat bomb. I tried using unsweetened kool-aid mix in a batch because I had it on hand and was tired of every extract I looked for being sweetened with sugar/honey/etc., and let me tell you, aside from the annoying dye aspect, one packet (I used pink lemonade) will work for FOUR batches of clouds. I usually do a double batch for convenience for my guy and I for a week, but dear goodness, these are so sour, even with additional sweetener, that they rival the most sour pickles I've ever had... It is wacky. Wish I had thought to add only a little at a time...

Also, rather than a scooper or spoon, I load the mess up into a ziploc bag, cut off the corner, the squeeze like a pastry bag onto wax paper to freeze in portions. You can squeeze 95% of the stuffing back out by using a spatula (hard or soft) or the flat side of a knife to scrape the outside of the bag on a flat surface. I've used this method of filling deviled eggs for years since the suggestion was made for picnics!

I do the icing bag method, too. Works wonders, and if you have good tips, you can have fun with them if you wanted. :smiley:

You can use nut butters and/or cocoa to them, too, though that does add a few carbs. I made peanut butter ones once and they were awesome. You might be able to use those coffee flavoring syrups, too, but I haven't actually tried that one yet (in theory, it'd work, but who knows).