Beginner Weight Training

Options
Hi Ladies,

I am just restarting weight lifting on my own. I have tried weight lifting in the past, and really liked it, but I feel I overdo it because I am just trying so much at once. I end up being sore a little over a week, to the point where I can't move an arm in a certain direction, etc.

I am just working out in my apartment gym, which has a good set of dumbbells, (up to about 100 pounds I believe) older style Bowflex machine which lets me do things like lat pulldowns or cable exercises, 2 really old treadmills (both with belt issues), an elliptical (also ancient), and a non working stationary bike.

Can someone direct me to a good beginner program to lose fat, since that is the first thing I am aiming for since I am very overweight. Maybe bodyweight exercises would be best? I am just a little confused on where to begin, since I have not been very successful.

Thanks so much for reading.

Replies

• nicoleromine
    nicoleromine Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'd check out some of the body-weight workouts over at nerdfitness: http://www.nerdfitness.com/bodyweight-training-resources/

I did the body-weight routines from April 2014 to September 2014, while doing three 60 minute cardio sessions a week. Between my fitness plan and tracking my calories, I lost 50 pounds over that time period. I transitioned into barbell training in October 2014 and was impressed with my strength given that I had only done body-weight training. Good luck!