NSV (Non Scale Victories)

Options
Good morning! I thought I would create a topic in which we can share our victories that do not involve the scale. Even when those numbers are not being kind to us, I know there is something that can make us smile. I am really excited to get into a pair of jeans that were so tight I couldn't even button them at Christmas, but I can now wear them with ease. :smiley:

Replies

• astro_katie
    astro_katie Posts: 62
    edited February 2015
    Options
    So it might not seem right for this thread but I'm totally happy about it and wanted to share. I have a healing broken leg with torn ankle tendons and I suck at long distances on my crutches (I wear a moonboot now), but today I totally managed to do 9 complete laps of my dads big backyard and I'm super happy about that.
  • JordisTSM
    JordisTSM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Knickers are getting baggy! *happy dance*
  • ShannonTourne
    ShannonTourne Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Astro_katie, that is fabulous! And Jordistsm, I know that is an awesome feeling.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I had to tighten my fitbit strap one hole, does that count lol
  • astro_katie
    Options
    Well done @ShannonTourne, @jordistsm and @Italian_Buju! Every small
    Success leads to a bigger success!!
  • WVMountainMamma
    WVMountainMamma Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have said no every day at work...when someone offered me something sweet. They know I'm on a diet...and still ask. I know they are trying to be polite. Cookies are my weakness, and I still managed to say no. I loved it afterwards because I felt I was in control!
  • eczarnecki
    eczarnecki Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Was able to fly last weekend without the seat belt extender!

• ScrAgnX
    ScrAgnX Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Walking past the 48 cupcakes outside the door to my office all day, and the ~300 at the office entrance yesterday all day. I did take a few home to be fit in when it works in the calories.
  • cwms3rd
    cwms3rd Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Bending over to pick something up and not having the feeling my eyes were going to burst from their sockets.
  • LadyRowyn
    LadyRowyn Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My rings are spinning on my fingers freely, close are fitting looser, and I can now size everything down in my Gwynnie Bee closet.
  • Miss_Mania
    Miss_Mania Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    My wedding ring is easier to get off lol. Also when I go to the gym now, the tights I wear I have to tie up on the side because otherwise they'll fall down lmao. But most of mine are how great I feel. Fitness is a million times easier and it's really starting to relieve a lot of stress. I never ever thought I'd love the gym so much xD
  • astro_katie
    Options
    There really needs to be a like button! I'm happy for everyone success!
  • ShannonTourne
    ShannonTourne Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Ya'll are awesome! I look forward to hearing more of everyone's accomplishments. :)
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    I'm down to the weight I lied about 4 years ago on my driver's license!!
  • Summershowalter
    Summershowalter Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm really glad this thread was started. I know we all struggle but it sure is motivating to hear about all the successes everyone is having no matter how big or small. @Shannontourne there really does need to be a like button.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I've been under tremendous (devastating) stress this summer so I decided to stay at maintenance. ...and I have done so successfully! I haven't logged very accurately, but have logged some each day to make sure I don't have crazy calories and then gain weight. I have only had the normal few pounds up and down fluctuation that is perfectly healthy and normal. So that is victory #1.

I am starting to have more days where I'm back into eating less calories and logging better. So, with the weight loss I already had, clothes being too big and frumpy has been an issue. I've been sewing a lot....either altering items or making simple items that will be easy to alter as I lose more. Last week I started a pretty, red, cotton dress and did a few fittings as I sewed and all was good. I put the final hem in yesterday and put the dress on.....it's too big LOL. I'm sure it's water weight dropped and I'm happy to be getting back on track ...but darn it all I have to alter it already!
    That is victory #2
  • Miss_Mania
    Miss_Mania Posts: 163 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Wow I wrote a NSV in here ages ago LOL. That was nearing the start of my journey - so weird to read!! Grats everyone else on their NSVs!! I threw those tights out long ago!!
  • 1cand0it2
    1cand0it2 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I made 10k steps twice last week and averaged 7k per day....most in years!
  • mjwwes
    mjwwes Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    ok so this may not seem like much but 40 pounds ago I could not walk fast enough to use my hand mower (not push mower one of those with no motar) so tried over the weekend I could do first time since I bought it.
  • Summershowalter
    Summershowalter Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I had a small victory on Monday. I was surrounded by sodas everywhere and none of them calorie free and I was able to resist them and just drink water.