Popcorn

Options
2»

Replies

• SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    How about roasted radishes? I hear they taste like roasted potatoes...

http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2013/04/pan-roasted-radishes-low-carb-gluten-free.html
  • sbom1
    sbom1 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Pork rinds dipped in guacamole (homemade or read the label for store bought) are great. Even my non-LC friends love them.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I also made some "cheese crisps" last night. My guy had gotten some cheese its and they were calling to me from the counter, so I just made mine. Essentially, you can use any type of cheese, seasonings, etc. Make 1 tsp piles on parchment paper and bake at 350, start with 5 minutes. If the edges are turning brown, leave two more minutes, then cool. I used just plain mild cheddar. They were fairly decent and nicely crispy. I've been told you can do them in the micro, too. And I know parmesan and havarti would be brilliant. You can do 1" squares or shredded. Look forward to trying these.
  • Faith1903
    Options
    I don't really like pork rinds either, but dipped in Mexican cheese dip they are really nice. Best thing about them is they fill you up really fast, so you don't eat so many.
  • happylifex10
    happylifex10 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    bbq'd pork rinds dipped in sour cream...yummmmmmmm
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    SOOZIE429 wrote: »
    How about roasted radishes? I hear they taste like roasted potatoes...

http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2013/04/pan-roasted-radishes-low-carb-gluten-free.html

I'm so trying these this week! Thanks!
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Faith1903 wrote: »
    I don't really like pork rinds either, but dipped in Mexican cheese dip they are really nice. Best thing about them is they fill you up really fast, so you don't eat so many.

I noticed this, especially with the chicken dip, as its really high in protein and fat.
  • stillonamission
    stillonamission Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I recently found salt and vinegar pork rinds... they are awesome, I never really liked the BBQ flavored ones.
  • VRay99
    VRay99 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    bbq'd pork rinds dipped in sour cream...yummmmmmmm

Yes! Very delicious!
  • GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Sshepro's comment about cauliflower reminded me of a raw vegan recipe that would be suitable. Cut tiny florets of cauliflower and roll them in nutritional yeast flakes. Not being 'raw people' we could partially cook the cauli first if we choose, but the crunch could be part of the appeal ;) The nutritional yeast gives a nice flavour.

Watch the quantity of the yeast though. Its nutrients are...
    Whole Foods - Nutritional Yeast , 2 rounded tablespoons
    - 60 cals 6g carb 1g fat 7g protein

So I guess it's a 'sometimes food'.