Losing with diet only.

Options
2»

Replies

• DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    SOOZIE429 wrote: »
    Diet is for weight loss. Exercise is for fitness.

Amen Soozie!

Dan the Man from Michigan

• SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    DittoDan wrote: »

Amen Soozie!

Dan the Man from Michigan

;)
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

While I agree, tell that to my last three doctors. :confounded:
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Dragonwolf wrote: »

I know, right! Said to my husband yesterday, "I'm 14kgs lighter in 96 days!"
    Says he, "That's great! Some exercise would help consolidate that."

I just shed 14kgs (30lbs) in 13 weeks and he had to focus on increasing my exercise!!! I told him to "Get lost!" or words to that effect anyway. :smiley:
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Men don't think the same way we do, unfortunately, @Sajyana. They think we want them to solve everything, when all we really want is acknowledgement.... I try to keep that in mind when my guy's mouth overloads his @$$...
  • Sajyana
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    Men don't think the same way we do, unfortunately, @Sajyana. They think we want them to solve everything, when all we really want is acknowledgement.... I try to keep that in mind when my guy's mouth overloads his @$$...

Years ago, my hubby was doing some type of management course and he walked up to me and said that he was reading about differences in managing women and men. He'd read that when women talk about a problem they just want to talk about it, share it and (as you said) be acknowledged. They weren't necessarily looking for you to provide a solution. He asked me if that was true. I responded that a lot of the time, yes, I just want to talk about it. It helps me process it and work it out for myself. He said, "I didn't know that."

He does occasionally forget though. :wink:
  • hoecradle
    hoecradle Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Dragonwolf wrote: »

The wellness coach keeps asking about exercise. I keep telling her that I'm all diet at this point.
  • radiii
    radiii Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »

Man here 100% willing to admit to this. I was probably 30 before I even understood this concept at all, 8 years later I fully understand it but sometimes don't remember it before I open my mouth :blush:
  • Sajyana
    Options
    @radiii
    :smile: I'm sure you'll be forgiven.
  • GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    @lad_yb‌ I think you're doing the right thing to stick with getting your diet in order until you're happy with things, before starting to mess with exercise. One thing at a time is often a good move!

On men's and women's brains, I love this YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Itb1QQRtfPA It helped a lot in our house ;)