CHAT

Options
2»

Replies

• JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah her cardio DVDs for BR are intese for 30 minutes, especially cardio 3. So just doing those even if you aren't doing BR as planned will be an awesome workout.

I've actually kind of sucked this week. I did the kick start starting Wed. and Thurs. I did workout 1 in the morning and BFBM at night. The next day I got up and did workout 2 then that night I felt like crap. I was really tired and I thought I was starting to get sick so I went to bed and didn't do a workout that night. Then the next morning I still felt like crap so I slept in until I had to go to work. I didn't workout Friday night either. Saturday, I felt better so I did Workout 5 then workout 1. That made my arms and shoulder HURT. But in a good way. Sunday I was really busy so I didn't workout again. Tonight I'm doing workout 6 and workout 2 so I can get the back of the body like I did the front.

Now that I've started it over, I get kind of bored with it, so I think I need to take a break before I start it again. I ordered the book The New Rules of Lifting for Women and might do that. Until it comes though, I'm going to be doing either BR workouts or some of her other DVDs. I have No More Trouble Zones which is a companion DVD with BFBM, but it deals more with resistance training than cardio. That one is a great one to pick up too. Before BR I was rotating that and BFBM. The only thing that sucks about BFBM and NMTZ is the two women that are with Jillian. One chick is pretty cool (I can't remember her name) but Kristen I just want to slap because she is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too smilie in it. Although the other chick ticks me off in BFBM because Jillian says "if you aren't winded right now, you aren't working hard enough" and it shows the lady and she's not breathing hard at all. She's breathing like I do when I'm sitting on my @$$ watching netflix.
  • beautifulciera
    beautifulciera Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Yeah I can imagine how BR could get boring after finishing the entire program! I probably wont get too bored being as though I only made it half way through phase 2 smh!! lol. I was a bit scared to switch DVD's being as though she has them synchronized to work specific things on specific days...but im guessing it doesn't matter what kind of cardio you're doing....

Was the sickness from the overkill workout, or was it something else??

LOL @ the woman not breathing....that's probably because some of those girls be cutting corners and not really working out. It's no way you can be doing the exact same thing I'm doing....and smiling. smh! NO FN WAY!
  • JeriAnne84
    Options
    Yeah you won't get bored, especially when you get the Phase 3! Yeah I've read where people didn't like the cardio DVDs that come with BR, so they would go running on those days or do some other cardio. I figured if I'm going to do 2 DVDs on the same day, I want them to be the same ones, like 1 and 5 were both chest, shoulders, tricepts, and quad workouts. As long as you are giving the muscles you work 2 days of rest in between working them again, it should be okay. That's why she has it set up the way she does.

I don't know if it was me working out too much or if I was starting to get a cold or what. Since my boyfriend works in a jail a lot of the inmates get sick and he brings it all home with him. I rarely get sick but since he's lived with me I get sick more often now. I need to hose him down with lysol before he walks in the door.

Her name is Salema. I like her better than Kristen in BFBM and NMTZ but that one part I'm like COME ON. Its in the first circut of BFBM, which is a kick boxing circut so its not exactly easy. But in NMTZ she seems to get her *kitten* kicked a wee bit more. Both of them. That DVD is pretty hard too.
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    Yeah...getting bored can be BAAD!! I know first hand.....but you know what other thing is bad, this cold a ss weather!!! How do you find the motivation to gear up when you're freezing cold! These days all I want to do is curl up in a ball....

Oh okay..you are so kick a$s lol. You do two cardio dvd's in one day. By the end of my 30..im almost near death, some days!
  • JeriAnne84
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Double post. My bad. lol
  • JeriAnne84
    edited February 2015
    Options
    This weather is sucking @$$. I've been taking the week off of working out (I read where you should take a week off like every 12 weeks to let your body fully recover) so I figured this was a good week for a Friends marathon. lol

Cardio 1 & 2 aren't bad doing together. But I wouldn't touch another one after Cardio 3. My legs are DEAD after that one. I think if I did it more and more I could do another one afterwards, but it would be me doing that one for months before I could.

I'm letting my sister borrow my BR. She texted me and asked me if she could borrow one of my Jillian DVDs because she's a "fat @$$ and needs to do something about it". lol. She's not fat, but she wanted to try BR. I told her Phase 1 starts out low impact and it works up to Phase 3 where you want to kill yourself. She said I'm not a very good salesperson. lol

• beautifulciera
    Options
    Hahaha!!!! Oh so what would she really prefer....you to be honest or you to tell her it's super easy lol. Cardio 1 is easy, but for a beginner, you'll definitely be crazy winded at the end of the video. LMAO! She's a fat *kitten* and need to do something about it lol...that's funny. I can recall the first time I actually started feeling my back roll when I would walk. I truly thought something was wrong...I didn't know what was going on back there. I was always the skinny girl growing up lol.

The fact that my house was built back in the 1960s and haves no insulation doesn't help with all this crazy weather either!