Have your muffin and eat it too!

GSD_Mama
GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
im so delighted

Replies

• KeithF6250
    KeithF6250 Posts: 321 Member
    Now that looks really good. Which muffin recipe was it?
  • GSD_Mama
    This was with flaxseed, egg, cinnamon, baking powder and butter. I added blueberries and HWC. I need to make more different ones, they are very good. Maybe i make it as bread?
  • jandkranch83
    jandkranch83 Posts: 13 Member
    It looks good. Where is the recipe?
  • GSD_Mama
    It looks good. Where is the recipe?

I found it here
    http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=1397771
  • GSD_Mama
    I used regular flax seed from Bob's, it has less carbs. No stevia or any of those, just don't like the taste.
  • jandkranch83
    Thank-you. I am going to try this for breakfast with my eggs.
  • jandkranch83
    Couldn't wait until morning. I made a muffin and split it with my husband. We both loved it. Thanks again for posting the recipe.
  • shadesofidaho
    shadesofidaho Posts: 485 Member
    I would love to have this but for me it is too many carbs. Maybe when I hit my weight loss goal.
  • GSD_Mama
    I would love to have this but for me it is too many carbs. Maybe when I hit my weight loss goal.
    Mine came out to be 8.1 gr per slice. I used different flax meal with lower car count and ditched the stevia, but I added blueberries. Carb count will be even less without them. I ate the whole thing and didn't blink lol
  • GSD_Mama
    Couldn't wait until morning. I made a muffin and split it with my husband. We both loved it. Thanks again for posting the recipe.

You're welcome!
  • KeithF6250
    KeithF6250 Posts: 321 Member
    I made one with Bob's Ground Flax Seed, sunflower seeds and coconut oil tonight to use as a hamburger bun. Worked out well although I think next time I may cut back on the sunflower seeds and try a little more savory spicing.
  • shadesofidaho
    shadesofidaho Posts: 485 Member
    itcphotog wrote: »
    Mine came out to be 8.1 gr per slice. I used different flax meal with lower car count and ditched the stevia, but I added blueberries. Carb count will be even less without them. I ate the whole thing and didn't blink lol

Honestly I would love to do this. I am so wanting to pop a slice in the toaster and slather it with butter. My system is just so sensitive I do not dare. I only lose about one pound if I am lucky about every three weeks. I have to stay on track. Right now I have to eat my carbs in veggies.