Breakfast!

ShawnaDrew
ShawnaDrew Posts: 59 Member
Looking for some quick breakfast ideas! I have 2 young kids and work full time so my Mornings are crazy and normally don't have time to make some eggs. I used to grab peanut butter toast and eat it on my way out the door. Any ideas for quick grab and go breakfasts?

Replies

• Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Are you going to a job that has a microwave? If so, could you make eggs the night before? Maybe add one of the oopsie rolls or MIMs from the other thread.
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Boil eggs, keep them in a fridge. You can make all kinds of sandwiches and salads for breakfast or lunch. Make some breads and rolls, muffins, etc. I'm sure there are tons of low carb cereals you can make or premake. Have bacon cooked and make sandwiches with some fruit or avocado, cheese, ham, salmon salads or anything. There are many things you can do, be creative! :) I'm sure 2 days in a fridge not going to spoil the food.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    If you can prep stuff in advance, I vote for bacon, but on days I was just running out the door, I went for one serving of pepperoni and one serving of almonds. I would have maybe added one ounce of cheese, but I've discovered it interferes with a medication. I leave the pepperoni in a ziploc in the work fridge and carry almonds in my purse. One serving each keeps me until lunch unless I go for a walk, then I add a fat bomb or mug of tea or broth with several TBSP of heavy cream (easy to stick in a water bottle and stash at work, etc. Essentially, if you don't have medicinal interactions, any sort of meat/cheese/nut combo is great!
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    I agree, pre cook and keep in the fridge.

Try crustless quiche. Recipe here: community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10044905/share-your-original-recipes#latest It's great hot or cold.
    Cook up a batch of bacon.
    Boil eggs.
    Mash boiled eggs with mayonnaise or sour cream.
    Wrap bacon and mashed boiled eggs in a lettuce leaf.
    Chicken legs.
    Salami.
    Pre slice cheese.
    Make the guacamole, cheesy bacon dip (or something similar) and wrap in a lettuce leaf.
    community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10044905/share-your-original-recipes#latest
    Left overs from dinner.
    Cooked sausages.

Good Luck
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    You could also look in to intermittent fasting. I don't even have kids and I appreciate the extra time in the morning :smile:
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Muffin tin omelets are easy to microwave, 30-60 seconds for mine, and they'll keep all week. Lots of recipes on the web.
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    kirkor wrote: »
    You could also look in to intermittent fasting. I don't even have kids and I appreciate the extra time in the morning :smile:

This is no lie. I get to work anywhere from 30-60 minutes earlier since I started IF'ing.
  • GSD_Mama
    You can make a big tray of egg sausage spinach etc. I ate mine for 3 days! LOL

This is my big Eggceptional Sausage! I'll look up a recipe if you're interested.

cndtt1hpctrf.jpg
  • nancytyc
    nancytyc Posts: 119 Member
    FAT BOMBS!!
  • bermeoa
    bermeoa Posts: 5 Member
    I drink a big serving of coffee with coconut oil, HWC and a little stevia every workday morning. It takes a minute to blend. I sip a little at home and take the rest with me in a travel mug. It is filling, tastes great and keeps me awake and happy way until lunchtime and beyond. I do not miss breakfast at all and I am happy to start the day with a high fat meal.
  • kkimpel
    kkimpel Posts: 303 Member
    my latest has been one slice of Alvarado Street Flax Bread with a tablespoon of peanut butter (or 2) and a sprinkle of cinnamon
  • ShawnaDrew
    Thanks everyone!! ITCPHOTOG I would love the recipe!!
  • Runnerduck123
    Runnerduck123 Posts: 19 Member
    Hi im new here. I have been trying low carb for a month or so bu battling my sweet tooth

For breakfast I premake a smoothie with a few frozen berries, coconut cream and protien powder the night before and store in a jar in the fridge to drink in the car.

What are fat bombs? Sound very interesting.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    @Runnerduck123‌ For me, the best way to combat my sweet cravings was to eat more fat. Lots more fat!!! It helped so much...my sweet cravings are minimal and easily handled these days.

Google Fat Bombs for recipes. My favorite variant so far are "Cream Cheese Clouds" but that's mostly because I don't have the ingredients yet to get adventurous with the others.
  • GSD_Mama
    ShawnaDrew wrote: »
    Thanks everyone!! ITCPHOTOG I would love the recipe!!

Found the recipe!
    ruled.me/egg-sausage-keto-frittata/

Enjoy!
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    I just started (or resumed, depending on how you look at it) my low-carb adventure yesterday, after a breakfast that included a bagel with cream cheese and a waffle with peanut butter and a lunch of Pad Thai--totally carbalicious! I had intended to make some of those crustless quiches, but I was too tired last night and opted for sleep instead! This morning I cracked three eggs into a bowl, sprinkled some Adobo seasoning in it, whipped it up, and threw it in the microwave for about 2 minutes. Broke a slice of cheddar cheese on top (which I was already slicing up to take to work for lunch) and scarfed it down while I finished getting ready for work. It worked in a pinch. :smile:
  • tru2one
    tru2one Posts: 298 Member
    bermeoa wrote: »
    I drink a big serving of coffee with coconut oil, HWC and a little stevia every workday morning. It takes a minute to blend. I sip a little at home and take the rest with me in a travel mug. It is filling, tastes great and keeps me awake and happy way until lunchtime and beyond. I do not miss breakfast at all and I am happy to start the day with a high fat meal.

^^This. So this. My BPC is slightly different (butter, coconut oil, Torani SF syrup, unsweetened cocoa powder), but same concept. A little at home while primping for work, the rest in my travel mug w/splash of heavy cream to sip on the commute and when I get to the office.
  • KetoCutie
    KetoCutie Posts: 161 Member
    Recipes here: https://www.pinterest.com/melismusing/paleoprimalketo/
    Also, coffee or tea with butter and coconut oil and some heavy cream could become your best friend.

A handful of macadamia nuts, portable Justins almond butter packets, or some pre-packed cheese and hard boiled eggs are good grab and go options.
  • ShawnaDrew
    Awesome everyone! Thanks! Not eating breakfast or just having coffee are not options for me as I need to take my diabetic medication with food in the morning, and I need to eat to avoid having a low. Im going to take a peek at the posted recipes! Thanks again!