level 2

Options

Replies

• ksnel3
    ksnel3 Posts: 107 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Day 2 level 2 done. I skipped yesterday :\ Level 2 is hard - and I don't ever remember planks ever being that bad! It would be so nice to someday do this workout to its fullest without a breather or some sort of modification. The abs are harder for me too - I'm just not that strong yet.

Hang in there! It gets better! I don't ever remember level 2 feeling this hard for me in the past. I have been utterly exhausted after level 2 this time around. Yesterday I did day 3, and I could already feel myself not struggling as much. Remember every day you do 30DS the closer you will be to getting it done. Every day you skip is an extra day you are adding between you and the finish line! It might be hard, but it will be worth it!
  • ksnel3
    Options
    Just finished day 4! Feeling stronger today! The ab moves are still intense, but my shoulders/arms hold up a lot better than they used to. I still hate the chair squats with a V raise. My right arm makes this clicking noise.. and though it is not painful, I highly doubt it is normal. I tend to do them until I feel it and then I just do deep squats.
  • AliciaJade93
    AliciaJade93 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Day 7, level 2 done! Feeling a lot better about it, can do the plank moves now (still very tiring and hard but I can actually do them all the way through!) My knees are REALLY playing up now though, I'm feeling them even when I just bend them so may stop level 2 after day 9 and then on day 10 take a rest day and just do some stretches and give them a break before I move to level 3.

Had my boyfriend work out with me doing JM 30DS hahahah! He got to walkout push ups, legit the first move and went "nope!" So he just did push ups, he lasted 10 minutes before leaving it and giving up and he used to be a weightlifter!!!

I felt so smug carrying on all the way through! Keep going ladies :) xxx
  • AliciaJade93
    Options
    alf1163 wrote: »
    Update: day 6 done, some parts easier, some still just as hard (planks) my knees can't do the pendulum lunges now, its so painful!!! I've never had bad knees and am only 21, so may have gotten my form wrong...unsure, overall went well!

Alicia, is this a new problem since starting shred? Or is it ongoing? Have you seen a doctor? Hope you get better soon.

Brand new issue, since level 2, I have never had pain in the knees, ever. My entire life, my joints and muscles have been fine and healthy, started doing 30DS level two, they were fine, up to day 4 when I noticed them being a little sore during the lungesbut not during day to day, just during the workout. Now it's gotten to a point where during the lunges and squats pretty painful but just sort of an ache day to day. I don't feel like Jillians warm up or cool down is long enough or is adequate for the moves she asks you to perform...maybe it's just me though.

Bit of background info. I'm 5ft2 and 155lbs (last time I check last Wednesday) so 11st (I think) so I'm not exactly light on my feet haha but I'm not hugely overweight either. I have not exercised for 3 years, before starting this healthy lifestyle on January 14th and I started the shred Feb 1st. I think the issue may be that I went from being sedentary and no physical activity other than walking when I'm at work (4-6 hrs 5 days a week), to working out 30-60 mins 5-6 days a week, I do admit, maybe I jumped in at the deep end there. If the issue with my knees persists I will probably see a doctor just to be safe, but I assume she will say it's the workouts, but we will see.

Thanks for the concern though :) xxx

Sorry for the essay.
  • moreliz88
    Options
    In done with day 14/30 (:
  • coulibalymuso
    coulibalymuso Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Day 3 level 2 done! :D
  • coulibalymuso
    Options
    Thanks Ksnel3 for the motivation! I especially liked "Every day you skip is an extra day you are adding between you and the finish line! It might be hard, but it will be worth it!"
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Level 2 done this morning at the gym!!! I got there a little after 5am so since there wasn't a class in the studio I set up for shred and played it from YouTube, it was awesome! So comfortable. Then I did Pull exercises and my own spinning class. Awesome workout!!

Alicia, that is concerning...more later, I'm at work.
  • priyaFitnessFreak
    priyaFitnessFreak Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Level 2 day 2 done. Any of you feeling it in ur upper back? Mine is sore near the shoulder blades, I think it's because of the numerous plank movements.
  • moreliz88
    Options
    just complete day 15 (:
    half Wayne there
  • moreliz88
    Options
    moreliz88 wrote: »
    just complete day 15 (:
    half Way* there

• ksnel3
    Options
    Day 5 done! Woohoo! I was feeling really strong today and then I had to pick up my stout 32lb toddler immediately upon finishing my workout and felt like I could barely hold him. My arms were like jello. Lol So excited to be halfway done!
  • AliciaJade93
    Options
    Finished day 8 lvl 2 so day 18/30. So excited to be moving onto level 3 soon! Like I said, due to knee problems, I think I will just do tomorrow and then take a break on Thursday and then start level 3 Friday.

Anyone else feeling stronger in some moves but not in others?? I feel as though planks are still really hard for me!! Also, I feel it definitely depends on my mind set, if I'm ready to workout and fully into it, I'm fine, if im feeling a little lazy and don't really want to do it, the moves seem so much harder !!

Xxx
  • AliciaJade93
    Options
    Also, I did a joint warm up, similar to the one Jillian does in lvl 1 and focused on my knees, lunges were much easier after I did this, my knees were so much less painful !!
  • ksnel3
    Options
    Finished day 8 lvl 2 so day 18/30. So excited to be moving onto level 3 soon! Like I said, due to knee problems, I think I will just do tomorrow and then take a break on Thursday and then start level 3 Friday.

Anyone else feeling stronger in some moves but not in others?? I feel as though planks are still really hard for me!! Also, I feel it definitely depends on my mind set, if I'm ready to workout and fully into it, I'm fine, if im feeling a little lazy and don't really want to do it, the moves seem so much harder !!

Xxx

Yes! I feel so much stronger doing some of the moves, but others I am ex-haus-ted. I still hate the plank twists, but I feel slightly better at squat thrusts. I feel better at the walk-out pushups too..but I also feel myself wanting to drop to my knees and stand up instead of walking it back up. A lot of it is mind over matter for me!

• alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    The moves are so short lived, like she says "you are not going to die" LOL

ALicia, glad to hear your knees feel better, I totally agree that the warmup and cooldown/stretches aren't enough. By all means suit the workout to your needs, not set in stone. It's better to do something than nothing at all.

Keep shredding!!!!
  • coulibalymuso
    Options
    Day 4 level 2 done!!!! :# I actually like this workout better. Even though I can't do the last jump rope and have to match it out cause I'm so out of breath! Intense, but good. Yup feeling the soreness in my upper back as well.

• priyaFitnessFreak
    priyaFitnessFreak Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Day 4 level 2 done!!!! :# I actually like this workout better. Even though I can't do the last jump rope and have to match it out cause I'm so out of breath! Intense, but good. Yup feeling the soreness in my upper back as well.

My upper back was feeling so sore today that I didn't do the plank twists at the end. Instead, I did the bicycle crunches from level 1. Hopefully, my body will get used to it in a couple of days.
  • AliciaJade93
    Options
    Not done day 9 lvl 3 yet but oh my God I did yoga this morning, it woke me up so quickly and my whole body just feels less achy, my knees still hurt but no where near as much as they did! Xxx
  • AliciaJade93
    Options
    Not done day 9 lvl 2 ***