Episode Discussions! (SPOILER ALERT)

Options

Replies

• maphammonds
    maphammonds Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I agree about how oddly Tyreese was looking at the pictures. And why no pics of older brother Noah?? Who was the other walker that gave hime the 2nd bite? Wouldn't it have been faster for one of them to get the car and come back to get them instead of hefting this giant one armed man through the woods? Why, when Tyreese died, did they drag him out of the car (assuming to put him down), they obviously had to drag him back into the car to take him back to the group for burial - why not just put him down in the car? And yes, the truck full of chomping zombie torsos was just strange. These questions may never get answered...I still want to know what was up with the tree markings from the 1st half of the season.

I haven't read the books, but in creeping around on some sites I know that Rick et al do end up in/near Washington.

And....why aren't any of the characters calling them zombies??? It's walkers, biters, dead ones...etc. Call a spade a spade already...
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    The books are NOTHING like the show. Though I think that the comics are. The books followed the Gov and how all that started. Rick, Glenn and Michonne have a very small part in the books. They were still really good though.
  • Mrscheyfleming
    Mrscheyfleming Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I read that Andrew Lincoln who plays Rick did the radio broadcaster in his native voice and it was about something that happened in real life. Also I saw a lot of wolf symbolism and then the W on the forehead. It could be the next group that is actually in the comics but I won't say incase someone doesn't want to know
  • SaraAlexandre
    SaraAlexandre Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    Interesting
  • MsTiffamee
    MsTiffamee Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    niki4454 wrote: »
    Does anyone remember the reason Noah was in Atlanta with his dad?

I was totally wondering this myself while watching!
  • MsTiffamee
    Options
    CindyB97 wrote: »
    But it was confusing about the twins. We knew right away Noah had twin brothers, he even mentioned it before they left Atlanta. When Tyrese went down the hall, there was clearly a young walker behind that door, you could hear and see him. And then he turned into the bedroom and saw another boy dead on the bed. So we "saw" both twins and I assumed so did Tyrese. It's like he looked at the pictures and too late it hit him there were two boys. But he had to have seen/heard the walker behind the door at the end of the hall! Maybe he assumed the walker couldn't open the door.

Tyrese definitely knew a zombie was in that room because if you remember that is why Tyrese went back there in the first place. He heard the noise then saw the feet before going into the other room. I'm like you...maybe he didn't think he could get the door open. I didn't think they could open doors either....confused :/

• MsTiffamee
    Options
    lvillani81 wrote: »
    Walker bites are 100% lethal. Everybody, so far, is infected with a dormant zombie virus. Once a person dies, the zombie process begins. If a person is biten, then the zombie virus becomes active. The victim's immune system is destroyed and they will die of blood loss, a fever, or infection. If they are bitten on a limb, then it can be amputated above the bite, but it has to be immediately.

Tyrese most definitely died of blood loss. He never stopped the bleeding from two bites, and his severed arm. But I think he gave up and just accepted his fate thanks to ghost Mika, Bob, Beth and flowers girl.

I agree with this. Everyone is infected. It isn't "the bite" that turns them. It's just that the bite always causes severe blood loss, fever, and/or infection. They always die from one of those. Then when they die they turn like everyone else. I feel like this theory is true because Bob lived longer than most because his bite was not that severe so he didn't bleed out. The bite caused fever/infection with him, which eventually killed him. Just tossing around theories here, because I guess none of us really know for sure LOL!

• zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,870 Member
    Options
    One good thing, we did not lose anyone this episode. :D

Shelley
  • MsTiffamee
    Options
    I thought it was soooooo weird last night! I was with my friends and husband a couple of weeks ago and I told them I didn't understand why they haven't addressed natural disasters yet! I feel like they should address those things. I doubt the zombie apocalypse is going to change natural disasters LOL.

It really is nice to see them start showing threats other than zombies and psychos! Natural disaster, starvation, and dehydration can be just as dangerous as zombies! I liked this episode!
  • Ms_Enzo1313
    Ms_Enzo1313 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I think Sasha and Michonne are going to battle pretty soon! #TENSIONmuch #staredown
  • mummyappleseed
    mummyappleseed Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm playing Sasha, girls got a bloody death wish. Mental case. Michonne needs to pull rank & get her inline sharpish. Maybe go old school on her & wake Sasha up with some pet walkers on leashes staring at her. ( don't mess with me beyatch ). Poor daryl :(<3 he needs someone to mend his broken heart.
  • silentKayak
    silentKayak Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Wild dog stew

Did anyone else think Rover and Rex looked a little tough, dry, and gamey last night?

Here's my recipe for wild dog stew

Shoulder or flank of one wild dog, skinned and all bullets removed *
    4 cloves fresh garlic, peeled
    1 large onion or leek, diced
    2-3 stalks celery, chopped
    2 tblspn olive oil
    2 cups small young potatoes ("Boil em, mash em, stick em in a stew")
    1 cup diced sweet potato, yam, or butternut squash
    6-8 large mushrooms, sliced
    1 peeled diced parsnip
    2-3 peeled chopped carrots
    1 large can stewed tomatoes
    1 cup red wine
    1 beef or vegetable bouillion cube
    Italian herbs: basil, oregano, thyme, sage, black pepper, rosemary
    1 cup green kale, chopped fine
    1 tsp cornstarch dissolved in a little water.

Heat the olive oil in a large stockpot. Saute the garlic, onion, mushrooms, and celery until soft and fragrant. Add the wild dog roast and sear for a few minutes, then immediately add the wine, tomatoes, and enough water just to cover it. Simmer covered on medium-low for 2 hours.

Add the "root" vegetables, bouillion and herbs. Simmer for another hour until the potatoes and meat are fork-tender. Add the kale and cornstarch for the last 15 minutes; the sauce will thicken.

Good the first day, but better on the second. Serve with warm crusty bread or over whole wheat pasta.

* If you're fresh out of wild dog, you can substitute a 2-3 lb beef chuck roast, or a pork or lamb shoulder roast.

• tat2cookie
    Options
    That's brilliant!! Mine is always so tough so I usually just turn it into jerky!
  • SaraAlexandre
    SaraAlexandre Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    Ya, I was so cold and thirsty after this one.
  • admiralducksauce
    Options
    Nobody who shows up alone, perfectly clean, and wearing a coat (a coat, after they spent all episode showing how HOT it was) is to be trusted.

I wonder if we'll ever know for sure about those water bottles.
  • tat2cookie
    Options
    He has a Terminus vibe to him for sure. Creeped me the hell out!!
  • mummyappleseed
    Options
    That's what my mr said too :(
    I really hope he's kosher, they could do with a break & some good luck.
  • admiralducksauce
    Options
    Hah! What show are you watching? :)
  • Mrscheyfleming
    Mrscheyfleming Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I read that he is Aaron from the comic books who is actually a good guy from a safe zone, he watches people to see how they act and then when he decides if they are nice he invites them. Also though its at the point where some bad people come along in the comics at this time but it's not aaron. The show could change things so we will see
  • mummyappleseed
    Options
    2uksde637fg5.jpg

Admiral I watch like this, I'm pretty sure it's walking dead I'm watching,
    Skeletal dead behind the eyes creatures,
    Quick to attack, driven by greed.
    - Meh - could have been real housewives of New Jersey.