1week post op

Options
Hello all, just thought I would give you all an update. I had my surgery Feb 9th. First couple days were sooooo painful. I am finally starting to be able to keep my fluids up. I found out i drink best when i actually messure out my 4oz every hour rather than just sip a water bottle. Jello doesnt settle well with me but popsicles are a favorite. Hoping to keep my fluids going to stay hydrated.
I havent lost any weight yet :( i am hoping that is because things are still swollen and water weight. Thanks you all of the support and kind words!! It really helps knowing ppl are here for me!

Replies

• rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear things are getting better! Stick to your program and each day will keep being better than the one before.

Rob
  • lorilbuckner1
    lorilbuckner1 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Happy things are getting better! Will keep you in my prayers. Friday, I was talking with the nurse from my Bariatric Center and he told me to not expect any weight loss the first week or so. Takes a little while for your body to regroup. Hang in there!
  • Bugged53
    Bugged53 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I actually gained 6 pounds. Water - came off by the time I left hospital
  • kchaki
    kchaki Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I was the same as Bugged53, gained my first week, but did not lose before leaving the hospital. Good job on your fluid intake, I struggle with that daily. Being a former pop drinker, can't find a drink that I really like. I don't care for Jello, but like you, love popsicles! But only allow myself one, due to the carbs. Anyways, glad the pain is becoming more tolerable, sending good wishes that you'll continue to do well!
  • tpsowah
    Options
    Hello. I just had surgery 2/11. I am still having slight pain. Can't get my fluids in also. I'll also try measuring out my fluids every hour and see how that works. Good luck!
  • jesswagspgh
    jesswagspgh Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I had surgery on 2/10. Still tender in the abdomen. Liquids are hard because I'm not thirsty & feel full. I made some great stock & was able to have some of that today. Made me feel almost normal