Advice on food log

Hi!
I'm looking for advice on my food logs. I have lost about 100 lbs in about a year (3 years ago) by dieting and for the last 2 years I have been struggling to loose the last 20 to 30ish lbs. I am currently 157lbs (5'2) trying to get to about 130lbs. I feel better if I stay closer to a low carb diet. That being said the weight isn't moving. I'm sure it's bc of my diet just not sure what. Suggestions?

Replies

• strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    How low-carb are you wanting to go? Also, just looking over the last few days, you need to eat MORE.
  • rialynn06
    rialynn06 Posts: 9 Member
    I can go as low as 20 carbs per day. Im comfortable at about 40 to 50 carbs but on days that happens i feel like im over eating bc my weight goes up by about 2lbs :(
    I'm open to any suggestions bc I know something in my diet is off just need help finding what that is.
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Add more fat, should be more than protein, reduce carbs. What is your macro ratios?
  • rialynn06
    I do not understand macro ratios. If someone can explain that I'll let you know what mine are.
  • strawmama
    If you're looking to go into ketosis, I'd recommend cutting out the sugars and wheat products. Get your carbs from veggies. Add a LOT more fat. Like @itcphotog said, more fat than protein.
  • GSD_Mama
    I'm trying to loose, so my macros at 5% carbs, 15% protein and 80% fat.

Try this calculator:
    keto-calculator.ankerl.com/
  • rialynn06
    I can do that. Any suggestions on total calories while keeping with the no sugar or wheat?
  • GSD_Mama
    Use the calculator, it will give you ideas on calories based on your lifestyle
  • strawmama
    Use the calculator @itcphotog posted above. I myself am about 10 pounds heavier than you, same height, and I eat anywhere from 1200-1800 calories a day, based on activity levels.
  • rialynn06
    @itcphotog‌ I used the calculation from mfp and it puts me at 1200/day. @strawmama‌ thinks it might be too low. Is there a better calculator to use?
  • strawmama
    itcphotog wrote: »
    I'm trying to loose, so my macros at 5% carbs, 15% protein and 80% fat.

Try this calculator:
    keto-calculator.ankerl.com/

• rialynn06
    Perfect. The calculation put me at 1344 calories -- 7 carbs, 24 protein, 69 fat. I will report back I'm a few days. Thanks @strawmama‌ and @itcphotog‌ the advice!
  • GSD_Mama
    Welcome, let us know how it goes! :)
  • GSD_Mama
    I personally use this one:
    ruled.me/keto-calculator/
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    Hmm...tried both and they came out similar of carbs and protein, but one had more fat to it, but they were both pretty close to where I'm set...Interesting. :)
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    edited February 2015
    rialynn06 wrote: »
    Perfect. The calculation put me at 1344 calories -- 7 carbs, 24 protein, 69 fat. I will report back I'm a few days. Thanks @strawmama‌ and @itcphotog‌ the advice!

This is about 750 calories, not 1344. Something is wrong.

Looking at your food diary, this is a relatively low carb diet, but it's also relatively low fat, and kind of high on protein. Low carb AND low fat is not recommended. It's hard on your kidneys. Also, your body is most likely using the extra protein to convert to glycogen, and making it's own carbs (basically).

Switch your protein and fat grams around. Eat more fat, a little less protein, and keep your carbs where they are, or start lowering them until you start losing.

Oh, and don't track sugar. Track fiber, so you can subtract it from your total carbs to get NET carbs.