Second New Knee for Elaine

Options
sannferris
sannferris Posts: 1,432 Member
Last May, Elaine got one knee replacement and this morning, she had surgery for the other knee.

If you'd like to send her a card, here's the link to the hospital.

Cheer Cards

Judy Truesdell
Room 352

Replies

• mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Thanks Sheryl! Card sent.
  • arobed53
    arobed53 Posts: 2,004 Member
    Options
    Thank Sheryl for making this so easy to do. Card sent. Glad the surgery is done.
  • tlspindor
    tlspindor Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Thanks Sheryl, I just sent my card.
  • sannferris
    Options
    Now comes the really hard part for her, physical therapy.
  • anewstart22
    anewstart22 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Thanks sannferris, card sent.
  • tlspindor
    Options
    Has anyone heard how Judy Elaine is doing? I don't follow facebook so if someone could let me know I'd appreciate it. Humm maybe I need to go check the PBS/WC to see if she's check'd in there.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    tlspindor wrote: »
    Has anyone heard how Judy Elaine is doing? I don't follow facebook so if someone could let me know I'd appreciate it. Humm maybe I need to go check the PBS/WC to see if she's check'd in there.

She just posted in the PBS/WC yesterday.

• sannferris
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hi Tammy, sorry I didn't think to update here. I updated at the PBS/WC and like Marcie said, Elaine posted there too. See you over there...

edit...I just popped in on Facebook and saw that Elaine posted last night.

"I did very few steps today. Just tired all day from my back hurting. It has abated some so maybe I just needed to rest. Hope it doesn't flare up again."
  • methomas1111
    methomas1111 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I hope she feels better soon. <3
  • tlspindor
    Options
    Thanks for letting me know. I'll make my way over there soon.

Hope your back is feeling much better today Sheryl.
  • sannferris
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Tammy, thank you but that was a quote from Elaine, she was having back problems that she thought was probably due to her standing and walking differently now, because of the knee replacement.

I'm feeling so much better also and have a doctor's appointment this afternoon to get the results from last week's CT scan. I still have physical therapy two more times this week and see improvement in my arm from the exercises. Although, only two more visits won't get me back to normal, so, I'll be asking the insurance to cover more sessions. I'll have to wait for approval but I'll keep doing my home exercises until it happens. They will only approve 6 sessions at a time.
  • tlspindor
    Options
    Oops thanks for clarifying that for me Sheryl. How did the doctor appointment go?
  • sannferris
    Options
    As of Wednesday, Feb 25th, Elaine put this update on Facebook...

This was my first day driving. I still have the brace on and will get the rest of my staples out tomorrow... maybe rid of my brace in the house, too. We've been enjoying all my canned and frozen stuff except for the past few weeks I've been down and can't go to the basement to drag anything up. Do you have room for a small garden or do you do one? We're planning on doing the market again this year. I look forward to it. It's hard but great family time.
  • sannferris
    Options
    Another Facebook update from Elaine:

Got staples out. Have to wear brace til next week. Bend at 130. Start weight machines next week. No changes. A local senior working on her Senior Project took photos of my knees and is including my knees in her project...told her I wanted royalties.