Which Body Revo. exercise challenges you most?

Options
2»

Replies

• photojunk
    photojunk Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I still struggle with push ups, and for the life of me i cannot do the chaturanga, and wheel pose. I have come to the realisation and acceptance that my arms and shoulder movements cannot get to those poses
  • Zilla100
    Zilla100 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Wait..there are PUSH UP jacks in ADDITION to plank jacks??? *dies*

My all time hated Jillian move is Running Man.
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    What in the world are wheel pushups? I'm not there yet and they sound awful.

Anything with the friggen cable in workout 5. I don't know if I just have a crappy cable or just T-Rex arms but I cannot get my arms parallel to the floor during the chest flys with cable. I try but I can't get the cable stretched out far enough so I just use my 5 lb weights. I figure its better than having crappy form.

Oh and the cross jacks in Cardio 2, I'm not coordinated enough. lol
  • 7elizamae
    7elizamae Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Zilla100 wrote: »
    Wait..there are PUSH UP jacks in ADDITION to plank jacks??? *dies*

My all time hated Jillian move is Running Man.

Yes! The Running Man is just so dorky and uncomfortable. I substitute another less-dorky-and-uncomfortable cardio move.
  • 7elizamae
    7elizamae Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    JeriAnne84 wrote: »

Anything with the friggen cable in workout 5. I don't know if I just have a crappy cable or just T-Rex arms but I cannot get my arms parallel to the floor during the chest flys with cable. I try but I can't get the cable stretched out far enough so I just use my 5 lb weights. I figure its better than having crappy form.

The wheel pushups are pushups from a BACKBEND POSITION. Yup. A backbend. Like you would have done when you were a sweet-young-thang.

Maybe you are still a sweet-young-thang, but I'm not. I hurt my shoulder doing them and won't be doing them again. Just substitute regular pushups, which are challenging enough for this old lady!
  • JeriAnne84
    Options
    7elizamae wrote: »
    JeriAnne84 wrote: »

The wheel pushups are pushups from a BACKBEND POSITION. Yup. A backbend. Like you would have done when you were a sweet-young-thang.

Maybe you are still a sweet-young-thang, but I'm not. I hurt my shoulder doing them and won't be doing them again. Just substitute regular pushups, which are challenging enough for this old lady!

Yeah I just finished BR at the beginning of Feb and discovered what these were. I think Jillian some how took a field trip to Hell and saw how they tortured souls down there and got the idea for some of these workouts from that. I could actually get into wheel, and I think I got to about 7 push ups in wheel before my arms couldn't do it any more. Getting out of wheel was an entirely different story. I was not graceful AT ALL. One time I landed on my head. I'm glad it's over. lol
  • JAT74
    JAT74 Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    For anyone that's finished BR, what are you doing now or what have those not finished yet planned to do next? I'm now on week 7 but thinking ahead and want something that's 60-90 days in total. Should I do another JM workout or Insanity 30, P90X3 etc. Any ideas?
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Since BR I have done Turbofire (which is all cardio) and ChaLEAN Extreme. Right now I am doing kind of a hybrid between those two. If you will not miss the lifting, Turbofire is so much fun. ChaLEAN Extreme is lifting heavier weights (do not call it heavy lifting because you will be bombarded with notes otherwise on here) for less reps. Chalene Johnson is also much different the Jillian but I like them both.

Jillian has a new program out that looks even crazier the BR but I think I am going to be trying PIYO next.
  • JAT74
    Options
    Thanks lessthankris, I was thinking of PiYo and have also thought about ChaLean Exreme. I definitely want to continue with lifting and don't want to do a completely cardio based program which is why I thought about P90X3 as the workouts are around the same length as BR and that length of time is perfect for me. I generally find that if I have a little extra time I can add in some cardio. How long are the workouts in the other programs you've done?

A question about the heavier weights, what size weights did you use? I am currently using 2, 3, 4, & 5 kilos weights for BR (which I think is equivalent to around 4, 6, 8 & 10 lb weights).

I could go a bit higher but I'd have to find a way to do the workouts in my home gym instead of the bedroom as I only have the smaller hand held weights here at the moment.
  • LessthanKris
    Options
    For ChaLEAN Extreme the time depends on the kind of weights you use. She uses weights called Selectechs. All you have to do is dial in the weights. They are really expensive though so I bought the a set of Gold Gym adjustable dumbells at Walmart that you have to switch out the weight plates by screwing and unscrewing them. It adds to my time so it probably makes most workouts run around 45 minutes. It is a bit annoying but probably $200 cheaper so I dea with it. With the Selectechs I think you would be closer to 35 minutes or so. Turbofire runs from short a short HIIT workout of 15 minutes to a long cardio workout of 55 minutes. I am not sure about PIYO yet but I have been told it is on the shorter side.

I know people that use all different size weights though. With the plates I can go 8, 13, 15, 18, 20, 23, 25, 30, 35. I also have some 5 and 10 handweights too. I have used them all during the program. You can also do the program with resistance bands. She also talks about creating your own resistance to make what you have feel heavier.
  • JeriAnne84
    Options
    I'm doing New Rules of Lifting for Women, starting it on Monday. I was going to do round 2 of Body Revolution with heavier weights, but when I put in workout one and she said it being the beginning of 90 days, I got this "aww crap" feeling a decided I should switch to something else for a while. I might throw in a day of her Kick Box Fast Fix or Banish Fat Boost Metabolism once a week while doing New Rules of Lifting for Women.
  • JAT74
    Options
    Less than Kris are you talking about kilos or lbs for the weights? My boyfriend has a weights system where you just take the pins in and out and the weights are on a block but and I think they go from 10lb right up to 50lbs in increments of 0.5. I can use those but I'd have to go to the gym to use them and it's not always free to use (ie. he's training with another friend) when I have the time to do my workout. I also don't have a PC down there so would need to find a way to watch the DVDs.

As an alternative, I've got some weight like you've said which I can get up to (possibly) 30lbs but it would mean changing weights each time which would be a bit of a pain. If not I'm stuck with using weights between 4lbs and a maximum of 20lbs so maybe not heavy enough.
  • JAT74
    Options
    JeriAnne I know what you mean about doing another 90 days! I am not just over halfway through the first round and by the time I finish it will be the end of March and then 90 days after will be the end of June. It starts getting really hot here from mid-May so I'm thinking about doing a 60 day program instead, or using the gym for a few months and doing something like you're doing and then after the summer when it's cooler doing another DVDs based program. We will see!
  • LessthanKris
    Options
    JAT74 wrote: »

As an alternative, I've got some weight like you've said which I can get up to (possibly) 30lbs but it would mean changing weights each time which would be a bit of a pain. If not I'm stuck with using weights between 4lbs and a maximum of 20lbs so maybe not heavy enough.

I am talking about lbs. It is a pain to change them though and I think it does make me dread the workouts a little more. There is one person using lighter weights and I think they highest they go is 20lbs. One advantage to the program though is that you really do not need the DVD for your lifting days. You could definitely watch it for form but there is also a book that goes over each move you could take with you to the gym along with a worksheet. There are nine moves each workout. During the first and third month you are aiming to fatigue around 10-12 reps. The second month you use heavier weights and aim for fatigue at 6-8 reps.

• JAT74
    Options
    Ok, I think I'll have a look at the workouts if I can on Utube and see how easy it would be or not to do if I have to change plates or switch weights each time. I actually don't need a DVD at all to do weight training as I have printouts of programmes I've done before and books but I just like the format of DVD based programmes as it feels like I'm doing it along with someone else if that makes sense. I find it a bit more motivating than doing it on my own in the gym.