Healthy pancakes

In the post-pancake day spirit, I thought I would share my favorite healthy pancake recipe! They take about 3 minutes to make, and only two ingredients!

Ingredients:
One large banana
Two small eggs
Cinnamon (optional)

Method:
1. Mash the banana in a bowl until it is mushy and quite liquid
2. Add the two eggs
3. Stir together until combined in a smooth mixture (an alternative is giving them a pulse or two in a blender)
4. Stir in cinnamon to taste- I usually add a good dash
5. Heat some low fat butter in a skillet, and cook the pancakes as you usually would- I recommend keeping them about the size of your palm, because they can be tricky to flip.
6. Serve!

To serve:
I would recommend slicing some strawberries and placing them between each layer of the pancake stack with a thin spread of a nut butter of your choice. Then drizzle with a bit of maple syrup!

Enjoy!

Replies

• fancycupcake
    fancycupcake Posts: 78 Member
    Is the banana flavor really strong in these? I am trying to make myself like bananas, since they are cheap and healthy. But to eat a banana just by itself is grossing me out...I wonder if these would be a good way for me to incorporate bananas and get a sweet fix with some strawberries and sugar-free syrup!
  • If you want to try bananas in stuff rather than just eating them alone, you could try these too:

http://ohsheglows.com/2014/10/24/flourless-thumbprint-breakfast-cookies-vegan-gf/

There is a slight banana flavor to them but it's not very strong, and you could change up the recipe with other spices to cover it if you really hate them!