TMI tag* poop

Options
Fat4Fuel2
Fat4Fuel2 Posts: 280 Member
I've been low carbing for a couple months now, since end of August. I have not "cheated" and fallen out of ketosis. However, recently, I've been experiencing runny poos that come on REAL fast. I've also had more gas at night than usual. Anyone else? Any ideas? Thanks, and sorry if this is a slightly off color topic.

Replies

• tru2one
    tru2one Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Just wonder how long you mean when you say "recently." Like, last couple of days? Last couple of weeks? I don't usually have any problem w/ gas when eating keto, but the other, uhmm...yeah, sometimes. I had my gallbladder removed in my late teens, so a higher fat diet has always had this effect for me to a degree.

From what you've described though, and if it's only been happening for a few days, I'd think it may be something that you've eaten that was maybe a little "off." Older eggs will do this to me sometimes. Or dairy products that are close to pull date. Just a thought...
  • Fat4Fuel2
    Fat4Fuel2 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the response! I will look into my eggs. I generally don't eat a lot of dairy. If you've checked my diary, I did today... but this has been going on for at least a week if not week and a half.
  • dawlfin318
    dawlfin318 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    check how much magnesium you are consuming (food plus supplements). I use it to stay regular and inhibit muscle cramps from some nerve damage in my neck. It has a natural laxative effect.
  • dawlfin318
    dawlfin318 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    oh, and a lot of fat can cause loose stool too. Are you eating raw broccoli? I can NOT eat that or it is bloat/gas city! I blanch it and it is yummy and no belly trouble.

• jennysbest
    jennysbest Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have really bad frequent, runny bathroom stops too in the evening mainly. I want to continue keto but I can't live like this. I think it's mainly from the coconut oil I put in my coffee in the mornings but I try to counteract it with lots of fiber and acidophilus and good bacteria because I've been researching and that's what I've come up with but it doesn't seem to help. I don't know what to do. Any advice out there? I would think this would be a common problem among low carbers but I haven't seen much about it. Amy suggestions would be great!! Thank you!
  • GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    jennysbest wrote: »
    I have really bad frequent, runny bathroom stops too in the evening mainly. I want to continue keto but I can't live like this. I think it's mainly from the coconut oil I put in my coffee in the mornings but I try to counteract it with lots of fiber and acidophilus and good bacteria because I've been researching and that's what I've come up with but it doesn't seem to help. I don't know what to do. Any advice out there? I would think this would be a common problem among low carbers but I haven't seen much about it. Amy suggestions would be great!! Thank you!

I've found that cocoa powder and xylitol are not my friends when it comes to this topic. I believe artificial sweeteners are noted for causing hasty trips to the bathroom - are you using any of those 'to excess'?

I hope you find the reason very soon. Obviously these problems are *not* fun!

• jennysbest
    jennysbest Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you, GrannyMayOz! I use stevia in my coffee but I think that's the only sweetener I use. Well I use crystal light in my water, I wonder if that could be it. I'll have to stop using these for a while and see if it helps. Thanks!
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Crystal light is off the menu for me, some flavors have a different sweetener, not aspartame, sucralose I think. It's always caused issue for me.
  • GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I hope that solves it for you jennysbest.