Replies

• Jessicadmx
    Jessicadmx Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Just had my sleeve surgery 2 weeks ago.
  • hochhalc
    hochhalc Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group. I am 7 weeks post sleeve. How is your journey going?
  • murphyraven
    murphyraven Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I had the sleeve Jan 21st. Welcome.
  • lenac87
    lenac87 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved 12/16 welcome to the group :)
  • Jessicadmx
    Options
    My journey has been hard. Had my gall bladder removed also and had a bile leak and pancreatitis. Hospitalized for 9 days. Luckily the sleeve part was a success .
  • bonitadonita
    Options
    Hi, I had my sleeve 6/2008. I lost over 115 pounds and I have kept it off for the majority of the years. I had a hysterectomy 7/2014 and I slowly gained 15 pounds. I joined this group to hear your stories and for motivation.
  • benagek
    benagek Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I had the sleeve in Sept. 2014. Down 56 lbs and feeling great. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Jamielynn_77
    Jamielynn_77 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Post VSG, 4 years out. feel free to add me! i have about 25 lbs to lose, here for the motivation and support!
  • loriloftness
    loriloftness Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I had my sleeve 11/19. Feel free to send me a friend request. I'm happy to share what has or has not worked for me so far.
  • kaylasabba
    Options
    Hi there. I am new. I had the sleeve 2 weeks ago. So far so good. Must starting puree foods. It's surprising to see how little I have to eat before feeling full.
  • pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I'm about 18 months out and at goal. Happy to answer any questions.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Had my sleeve 3.5 years ago, started at 386, lost 164 so far. This is a great group and a great tool! Welcome.

Pat
  • Bugged53
    Bugged53 Posts: 46 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Just had my sleeve January 26, 2015. Why do I still feel hungry? Still on liquids. Hope it changes as I change to puréed food
  • kaylasabba
    Options
    I just had the sleeve 2 weeks ago
  • Jessicadmx
    Options
    Bugged53 hopefully once you get more substance in you it will change. Remember to drink protien like clear zero carb isopure protien drink. I had the skeeve 3.5 weeks ago. I sometimes feel a little hungry but not like before . My brain wants to eat like it used to but the stomach says no way. Good luck to you
  • talinaklocke
    talinaklocke Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Bugged53 wrote: »
    Just had my sleeve January 26, 2015. Why do I still feel hungry? Still on liquids. Hope it changes as I change to puréed food

In reading everyones stories I've really realized that everyone's body reacts differently. Some people never get the hunger feeling back, I didn't have it for the first month but ever since I've noticed if I go to long between eating that I get really strong painful hunger pains, worse than I've ever felt before. It really is a learning process and figuring out how to listen to your body and finding the best ways to get healthy. My doctors told me that you eventually get into the routine of 3 meals a day with a protein snack. Some people get there almost right away, I'm not sure I will, I have to eat very small portions 5-6 times a day still (4 1/2 months out) and now they tell me it might always be that way. Which is fine, I am just learning the best ways to do it while getting in all the important stuff. You'll get there too =)
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Sleeved 1/13/15. I get the hunger pains but I think it is when I'm thirsty. After I drink some water I feel much better. I'm trying to use those ques to help me get my water intake up.
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    All great info to have in the bank for my future surgery. Thanks everyone.
  • StephanieDedrick
    Options
    Hi I would also love more friends. I had my sleeve on Jan 12th, 2015 so 6 weeks ago. The first month I was starving. These last 2 weeks I'm still hungry but it's not as bad. I also started walking on week 5 and I think that helped with the hunger. My problem is that I have not been able to keep any food down except apple sauce, bananas and grapes. I can only take one bite when I eat. All other food stays down for about 30 min and then I get super hot with that metal taste watering up in my mouth and it comes back out. I'm very concerened because I cant drink the protien shakes either. As for water the most I have gotten down was 40 oz in one day but then I couldnt eat. Im losing lots of weight but with what my intake is there is no way its healthy weight loss. I cant even take any of the recomended multi-vitamins with it coming up but I think thats because the powder it turns into grosses me out. Anyone recomend a liquid multi vitamin?

Start of 2 week Pre-Op: 242 lbs
    Current: 198

My phase 3 appt is this Monday
  • jillcwatson1
    jillcwatson1 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    StephanieDedrick, have you called your surgeon? Does he/she know that you are consuming so little? You can't be feeling up to doing Anything with this kind of intake and the vomiting too. Feel free to friend me. I am still pre op but will also be having the sleeve, perhaps in April/May. I can't speak from experience, but I am really doing a lot of research and I just know that this isn't a good situation. I would be calling my doc everyday until it got better. You need your protein and fluids to begin to heal.