Recipe Thread!

Options
2»

Replies

• VRay99
    VRay99 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Keto pizza looks absolutly delicious!!! I am definitely trying that tomorrow!!!
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Oh My! I just made that pizza with my own variation, i ditched the sauce and put a layer of Ricotta instead, spinach, little portobello mushrooms and pepperoni. Came out it delicious!
    Thank you for the recipe @LowCarbHeart‌
  • LowCarbHeart
    LowCarbHeart Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the Keto pizza has been my favorite low carb recipe so far. Here are some chip recipes in case you ever need something a little salty to go with the pizza!

Homemade Tortilla Chips

vx6gn4vxvl2b.jpg

Ingredients
    2 Low Carb Tortilla Wraps
    Olive Oil Spray
    Sea Salt

Directions
    Cut tortilla wraps into chip size pieces. Spray a cookie sheet with olive oil and lay out the tortilla chips evenly. Spray another layer of olive oil over the chips and sprinkle with salt. Cook in the oven for 10 minutes until lightly brown.

Pepperoni Chips

0t6hpsdrl466.jpg

Ingredients
    6oz Pepperoni (One Pre-Sliced Package)

Directions
    Heat oven to 425 degrees. Spread pepperoni in an even layer on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven, use paper towels to soak up the grease, and then put back in the oven for approximately 2 – 4 minutes.

Kale Chips

w8p7x2053lc6.jpg

Ingredients
    1 Bundle of Kale
    Olive Oil
    Sea Salt

Directions
    Rinse Kale and cut into chip size pieces, removing the stalk. Most important step: dry Kale thoroughly. I put it through my salad spinner 2 – 3 times and then spread out over a towel to help it dry even more. I waited about an hour before baking to ensure they were really dry.

Set oven to 350 degrees; spread kale over a baking sheet and drizzle with about 1 Tablespoon of olive oil. Massage oil into the kale. Try to get a thin layer of oil on all the pieces so they will bake evenly. Sprinkle with sea salt and bake for 12 minutes or until the edges start to turn a light brown.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    UPDATED TO INCLUDE METRIC CONVERSIONS to be best of my abilities, with google at my ready.

Jello Fat Bombs

Ingredients

1 package of sugar free gelatin, your flavor choice (peach is my current fave) - (0.30 oz/8.5 g)

1/2 packet (approximately 1.5 tsp) of unflavored gelatin (I used Knox out of habit) (each packet is 0.25 oz/7 g - so this is 0.125 oz/3.5 g)

2 cups boiling water (per gelatin instructions, instead of one part boiling, one part cold, I use both boiling to dissolve the extra gelatin. Apparently, this is 470 ml (rounded), I'm sure UK packages are set up to be a better calculation for y'all)

1 cup full fat sour cream (240 ml)

1 cup heavy whipping cream (240 ml)

1 packet stevia sweetener (to taste, optional - this took off the sour cream edge for me) (each US packet is 1 g)

Directions

Boil water. Dissolve both gelatins completely. Stir at least 2 minutes.

Stir in and fully in corporate sour cream. (I use a whisk, but this could be done in a mixer, by hand, whatever.) Mix at least 2 minutes. (Btw, all the mixing keeps it from separating later)

Whip in heavy cream. You could just stir it in, but I like the little bit of mousse like texture it adds. Again, stir at least two minutes.

Pour into 4 portions, approximately 1 cup each (240 ml / slightly larger if whipped). Refrigerate until firmly set.

Recipe in MFP Shows as:
    331 calories, 32 grams fat, 4 grams carbs/net carbs (no fiber), 4 grams protein

FULL DISCLOSURE - the original recipe does not have the added unflavored gelatin, but it set too soft for me. Also, it did not add the sweetener over the jello sweetening, but the sour cream "bite" was off-putting for me (I'm not a fan of it straight at all), so adding that little bit of sweetness took the edge off, and it is still far less sweet than my old sweets! :) And this works fabulously for those who can't afford other fats sources - or who just need an awesome satisfying snack with staying power that kills the sweet tooth, but without all the sugar! :)
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    @LowCarbHeart
    My second favorite is Keto pizza, I found this recipe late in the game on nobunplease.com and so wish I had known about it when I was first starting out! Pizza is my all time favorite and this is a very easy and great tasting substitute!

I made this. I used bacon. It was sensational.
  • KETOGENICGURL
    KETOGENICGURL Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    jb9ztb9kn0fo.jpg

I can't seem to go to bed without my Hot CoCo fix:
    Unsweet almond milk 1 C=30cal is the base (or coconut/almond mix 45cal 1cup)
    1-2 tbl Irish butter -makes it taste so rich, but can be skipped

Flavoring Recipes:
    Basic Wonder Cocoa-Nestle 20 calorie -use 1 or 2tbl, <2-4g carb, 3-5g sugar
    add butter +more sweetener 'to taste' and flavors.
    Hot Strawberry blonde: Almond milk, strawberry flavor, butter, sweetener
    Pajama Party-Hot almond milk- Nestle 1Tbl-butter, Carmel flavored-stevia
    Santa's Best-Hot almond milk- Nestle 1Tbl-peppermint/stevia flavoring
    Raspberry Beret-Hot almond milk-butter-raspberry/stevia flavoring
    There are other liquid flavors, and flavored Stevias (chocolate, almond, etc)
    You can add more butter, or Benefiber, or protein powder if wanting to meet your daily totals
    +++++++++++++++++
    9sr0pbevaiev.jpg

Cream cheese balls rolled in sugar free jello flavors OMG!
    for Instant gratification: I cut small tsp. size c cheese squares, put 1/2 to 1 tsp. dry jello into tiny bowl, use fork to dip c.cheese in..eat...no rolling, no waiting, hand washing)
    See: http://ketogenicwoman.com/category/recipes/
    Her 'Crack Slaw" (bagged cole slaw mix, add meat, seasoning) super fast dinner!

www.RULED.ME --http://www.ruled.me/keto-recipes/
    Tons of Desserts: Cake-in-a-cup, cookies,crepes, and lots more Keto tested.
  • moonius
    moonius Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Here is my Chocolate coconut-nut fat bomb recipe

1.00 stick, Butter (softened)
    8.00 oz, Cream cheese (softened)
    4.00 Tbsp, Coconut Oil
    4.00 Tbsp, Natural Peanut Butter
    2.00 tbsp, Cacao powder
    5.00 tbsp, Chopped Walnuts
    1.00 cup, Flaked Unsweetened Coconut
    1.00 tbsp, Stevia in the raw
    2.00 tbsp, Splenda

I toast the coconut in the oven and then slowly blend all these ingredients together over low heat and stir carefully with a wire whisk until fully combined. I add the cacao powder and sweeteners at the very end. When finished I line cupcake tins with cupcake paper and add one heaping tablespoon of this delectable concoction in each holder, then chill and enjoy.

Makes 18 servings, calories 185, fat 19 g, carbs 2g, protein 2g, fiber 1g each. Yummy!
  • KETOGENICGURL
    KETOGENICGURL Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Hi Moonlus, THANKS.
    I just made my first Fat bombs from a similar recipe on youtube, it was confusing plus he doubled the batch, said one thing, showed another, with no written recipe provided as promised.

Toasting the coconut is great. I love the texture already, this is one step better!
    OK, walnuts, do you chop them small? Could you lay almonds in whole?
    Appreciate telling exact portion size (1 tbl) and the calories, etc.