Motivation, Support and Accountability Thread, February 16th - 22nd

Options
2»

Replies

• Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,620 Member
    Options
    my mouth is still a bit sore but not to bad. so today I am hoping to get some walking in. and maybe tomorrow I'll get back into one of my exercise classes
  • FloraJL
    FloraJL Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was Try It Tuesday at the gym. It was called CardioBurn and they taught us about target heart rate zones (based on exertion instead of actual heart rate). Pretty interesting. We were on treadmills and I had to stop about 1/2 through because of arch pain in my right foot. 15 minutes after stopping I had EXRUCIATING knee pain from pushing myself. I'll still use the treadmill but I know my limits better now. I have to keep remembering that I've weigh at least 75 pounds more than everyone else and cannot expect myself to keep up with them yet.

It was also the 2nd week weigh-in for the 90-Day Challenge. I am devastated to have gone up 1.6 pounds, but I know it's my fault. I know what I did wrong and I know how to fix it. It's $10,000!!! I'm ranked #12 in my local gym and 1229 across the country. #1 in the country has lost 24.3 pounds in two weeks which just cannot be healthy!

Here's to making smarter choices the rest of this week!
  • zilannoj
    zilannoj Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hope you get some walking in today, Skittles.

FloraJL, I hope your knee feels better soon. I'm proud of you for pushing yourself though! Challenges like that unfortunately include people who are mainly in it for the money. That's not healthy at all.

My leg feels so much better. No pain at all during my walk to work this morning. I've been stretching a lot more, and I think that combined with keeping it slow is helping a lot. If this continues throughout the week, I can get into longer distances and possibly jogging again. This is the most active I've been in my life. It's kinda cool.
  • michellewalker8866
    Options
    I have so not been into anything. My knee still has not gotten better. The doctor has me doing these exercise to help. They have changed and increased my blood pressure medicine and lowered my thyroid medicine. I told the doctor about my mood. She says it could be because they haven't gotten my thyroid medicine right. I am getting so tired of hearing this. I keep telling myself to snap out of it and get busy. So, my goals this week is to get back into the game. Since I am limited into what I can do since my knee doesn't seem to be on the same page as me. Getting my water in daily is a norm now because I don't drink anything but water. Once in awhile I will have sweet tea but I am finding I am not liking that so much anymore due to all the sugar. What I am going to work on is what I put in my body. I am going to start by cutting out dairy. My biggest problem here is I LOVE cheese (all kinds). I can't cut out to much at once then I will start feeling deprived and will have bad cravings for those items. So, I want to cut out dairy items then work on cutting the white foods (flour, potatoes, and etc.). I'm going to start going to the gym I can do the exercise that don't require using my knee (which means no cardio for awhile). I have to get my self up and moving because my kids want to do those fun run/walks.
  • WVMountainMamma
    WVMountainMamma Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Michelle I love cheese too. I allow myself one 80 calorie string cheese snack a day. I will crumble on a salad....or use it to make a pizza on bread.

Today was weighin...week three down 2.6 more lbs. I'm pleased! My 3 week total is 13.2. Only 86.8 to my first giant goal. :) My husband brought home BK for breakfast. .. ( I had been in the ER in the evening with my daughter and was exhausted) I did eat a sandwich...390 calories. Had no carb then with dinner to compensate the carb/fat. I'm loving MFP...I'm learning I can have something, but I must control the amount. It's all about logging, and I've learned from this past week Diet Soda makes me crazy hungry. No more for me. I only had it 2 out of 22 days, and those were the only days I had uncontrollable hunger.

Back to work tomorrow! We had 2 snow days and then I took off today to catch up on rest and be with my girl.
  • ScrAgnX
    ScrAgnX Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I probably won't post too often, but would like to join if there isn't any objections.
  • matfatcowboy
    matfatcowboy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    ScrAgnX wrote: »
    I probably won't post too often, but would like to join if there isn't any objections.

Come on in, the water is fine! We are glad to have you.
  • KimWW
    KimWW Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I am so psyched right now! After over a week of feeling sluggish and eating terribly, and then feeling emotionally down because I wasn't eating right, which lead to poor eating, etc...I had a good day yesterday! And that led to me feeling great and getting up early and going to the gym, so I am on track for a good day today as well. Woot!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Kim - How awesome! Good stuff!

I also have not been to the gym in a week....although I have been getting my steps in most days.....but I am heading into work just for a few hours and then right over to the gym.....I also have had TERRIBLE sleeping habits this week! Last night I went to bed at 2am :|
    I really need to get that in check.

Flora, Katie and Joco - I admire that you are both still working so hard while in pain, it is truly inspiring.....

Flora - I love the new photo!

Has anyone done the mini goal? I added a new member off the thread.....how about anyone else??
  • KimWW
    KimWW Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I did the mini goal and I had totally forgotten that it was the minigoal.
  • zilannoj
    zilannoj Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    When I first started walking to work, two miles took about fifty minutes. A few months ago, I shaved off a lot of time and went down to 37 minutes. Today: 34 minutes. I felt so out of breath walking over the bridge, but I am really proud of myself for pushing.

I'm excited about going hiking on Sunday. I haven't gone in years, but my friend has a few easy trail recommendations. They all have gorgeous waterfalls, so I'm going to bring a couple cameras. Overall, I think we're going to do about five miles, so it'll be a fun morning. It will be sunny all weekend, so that's a plus.

• WVMountainMamma
    Options
    KimWW wrote: »
    I did the mini goal and I had totally forgotten that it was the minigoal.

What's the mini goal?

• ScrAgnX
    Options
    I am finally getting over a sinus/cough/stuffiness, after about a week. Today, I felt good enough to ride my bike again (mounted on a stationary trainer in the garage).I felt able to match my last ride for duration with increased distance, and am pleased that my indoor training is still progressing.

I was afraid that the week off would have set me back five or ten minutes duration, but looking back to earlier this afternoon that was just self doubt.

@WVMountainMamma‌ I think it was to add a member of the group as a friend. I'm going to do that now.
  • WVMountainMamma
    Options
    Thanks! How does everyone cope with MFP and sickness. I have the flu.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I personally, do not exercise when I am sick....
  • ScrAgnX
    Options
    I kept my calories within my range (difficult because I really would have liked a ton of ice cream for my throat), logged my cough drops (some are ~20 calories each), and didn't exercise if my symptoms were in my throat, lungs, etc.; when my symptoms were just in my head (sinuses) I did ride my stationary.

I found that I was craving extra salt (chicken broth, etc.), that has the potential for causing water to be retained and your weight to go up. If you do too, make sure that you don't take the scale readings to heart. Stick to your calorie goals as close as you can, and don't get discouraged if you slip while you're waiting to feel better.

Hope you get to feeling better soon.
  • astro_katie
    Options
    Hey everyone,
    I haven't been on much this week, which has lead to a lot of over eating. Family visits, bad news on my healing leg and (sorry boys) ladies time have just made it a crappy week.
    I did all my physio as per my goals but other than that I achieved nothing. In fact apparently I gained 1.1kgs.
    I will do better in the week coming.

Well done to everyone that is meeting your goals and keep it up to those that are struggling.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I had a stressful week as well. Just way too busy and overwhelmed.....my daughter was here all week too, a week and a half actually....but the amount of stress she caused me this visit was minimum.....she leaves to go back to school tomorrow.....my eating has been out of control and I know I have put a few pounds back on. However, I have been making my steps every day (I think one day I was short just a few hundred steps).....

Heading out for birthday dinner #1 tonight.....gonna post the new thread now too, in case I am too busy to do it later......
  • matfatcowboy
    matfatcowboy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Ok had an ok week, went over on calories 3 x but I did finish strong with a 5k today followed by an hour ish of dancing with my wife and daughter, this is after going dancing last night where I TOTALLY PUSHED MY LIMITS. Yeah I usually only dance to selective music in a crowd but I just went for it. And I didn't die. Who would have thought? So yah that was my week.