Torture!!!

Options
Help! I am currently being tortured by my wife! We are driving and I am stuck in the car with her and her open bag of Cool Ranch Dorritos. I don't crave them normally, but the smell is driving me insane! (Yes, this is a somewhat facetious post, but damn, I didn't know the smell of them would do that LOL)

Replies

• Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    This is an easy one... Open your window... Grab the bag and throw it out... Plus it clears the smell out of the car. Win win... Well for you anyway.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    I find that passing some really noxious gas in these situations will remove all cravings. :p
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I made her stop and buy me some peanuts. I can do this!
  • shadesofidaho
    shadesofidaho Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Just lick the good taste off them and then throw the rest it out the window. No biting into it though.
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    Options
    Heehee! I should lick them all and then put them back in the bag. Serves her right for torturing me!
  • adamthompson2006
    adamthompson2006 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Just get to licking and keep on ticking!
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Heehee! I should lick them all and then put them back in the bag. Serves her right for torturing me!

Really, you only need to lick one, then shake the bag. Not like she can tell which one it was.
  • debbiewillersveik
    debbiewillersveik Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the laugh.....I can relate though...it's hard when hubby eats whatever he wants...for instance, after church today he and my daughter had Mc Donalds....which is rare but just so happens to be when I'm getting back on track. So what did I have? Grilled chicken breast, cauliflower and broccoli. I have to do this no matter what....sick of beating myself up for giving in....end rant. lol
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    Options
    Thanks for the laugh.....I can relate though...it's hard when hubby eats whatever he wants...for instance, after church today he and my daughter had Mc Donalds....which is rare but just so happens to be when I'm getting back on track. So what did I have? Grilled chicken breast, cauliflower and broccoli. I have to do this no matter what....sick of beating myself up for giving in....end rant. lol

Yep, better to just say no than to start the carb cycle all over. Well, for me anyway. Congrats for not giving in!
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options

Way to go Debbie! You done good!

Dan the Man from Michigan
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I preach to myself that the guilt and re-gain after isn't worth the temporary binge. Still working on practicing it.
  • ldmoor
    ldmoor Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Been there. Last night my husband was eating potato chips, so I gave him a kiss and licked the salt off his lips. LOL Decided I didn't need the chips after that, but it did take my mind off the delicious smell.
  • crystalsan726
    crystalsan726 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I understand. The family made a trip to Sonic for ice cream I was the odd one out by not getting any and had it rubbed in my face. So hard!!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,453 Member
    Options
    To me, the torture would be the raunchy odor of cool ranch doritos. They seriously smell like a decomposing animal puked.

:s
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I understand. The family made a trip to Sonic for ice cream I was the odd one out by not getting any and had it rubbed in my face. So hard!!

Just FYI, most Sonic "ice cream" isn't really ice cream. Make your own Keto/LCHF version - it'll taste better, and you'll be able to indulge once in a blue moon - and on your terms.

So take that, mean family, rubbing it in your face!
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    What I do is have just one.

My husband loves crisps. Loves them. He opens a pack. I have one.

We grab some take away and there's hot chips. I have one.

This is enough for me. Just one. Savour it and move on. B)
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options

Were they wearing on top of their head after that? 'Cause that would be my first inclination.
  • crystalsan726
    crystalsan726 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »

Just FYI, most Sonic "ice cream" isn't really ice cream. Make your own Keto/LCHF version - it'll taste better, and you'll be able to indulge once in a blue moon - and on your terms.

So take that, mean family, rubbing it in your face!
    Twibbly wrote: »

Were they wearing on top of their head after that? 'Cause that would be my first inclination.

No I kept my cool. They are used to me trying to diet and then eventually giving up after losing it all and gaining it back. In their defense I think my husband finally saw that I was about to cry so he said let's hush and quit teasing and rubbing it in Momma's face. I have set a bad example for my family for years and I hope by doing this they can see it works and then we can all start eating better. I think they are just confused by how I am eating(even my husband) because they definitely aren't used to me saying no especially to sweets because I was the sweets queen. Everybody messes up and makes mistakes on how they treat people even family. I forgave them.

• DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options

I've recently discovered the bunless Bacon Clubhouse Grilled Chicken sandwich from McDonald's, which fits within my macros and is quite yummy, in my opinion. In fact, my husband, who is fat food obsessed, is tired of McD's, but I made him go there last night to get me one of these....

And regarding Cool Ranch Doritos: my second week of low-carbing, one of my clients brought in a full-sized bag of those things and left them open on the table in the middle of the room while he was testing. I really really really wanted to tell him to get those blasted things out of my testing room (because it made me want some), but I figured that wouldn't have been very fair, as if it had been any other food I wouldn't have even considered saying anything. :smile: