weight lifting

Options
Anyone here that lifts weights on a daily basis?

Replies

• Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Kinda tough, but I try.
  • shepdog_99
    shepdog_99 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have started a new program of lifting weights 4 times a week. I then do 1-2 days of cardio, with a rest day on the weekend. It has been effective for me so far! With weightlifting I think it is important to mix in rest days to give your muscles a chance to recover. So four days a week (doing each exercise/muscle group twice a week) has worked well for me.
  • jazzyjez
    jazzyjez Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Daily? I'm doing 3 days per week right now.
  • ng_jenice
    Options
    2 cardio days Monday & Friday Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Saturday weight lifting Sunday rest day
  • brendo204
    brendo204 Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    yup every day!
  • Kegbeth69
    Kegbeth69 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    ng_jenice wrote: »
    Anyone here that lifts weights on a daily basis?

• Kegbeth69
    Kegbeth69 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I do. I follow a program on bodybuilding.com. But it's frustrating to track it on MFP because they don't acknowledge it like cardio. I'm a personal trainer as well I know the importance of lifting as well as cardio and clean nutrition. I've actually purchased a heart rate monitor to track it better.
  • CKMillson
    CKMillson Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Cardio M, W, F and Weight/Cardio intervals T, Th, S. Fun fitness 7 days a week which includes dog walking, hiking, skiing, swimming etc. I purchased a heart rate monitor and as a result I am getting much more accurate measures of my workouts. It is fun to see what your heart does and how it changes over time (especially recovery time).
  • hisfitwife11
    hisfitwife11 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yes. Mostly lifting but I need to add cardio. I don't need to lose weight but muscle definition is my goal. Also at 43 and being very tiny it's good for
    My bones. :)
  • rps67
    rps67 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I lift several times a week, following the stronglifts program. I like stronglifts because it was super easy for me to follow as a beginner last year and I love that it doesn't put me in the weight room for hours.

Since it's nasty cold here, I'm pretty much at the gym every other day and lift and run (or do some other form of cardio) after. Once it warms up a bit, I'll move back to running outside so I'll run every other day and then go lift on days I don't run.
  • EPICUREASIAN
    EPICUREASIAN Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Yep, lifting here 3 times a week, with low level cardio on alternate days.
  • Cappy29
    Cappy29 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend lifts daily, though she's not on here. She lifts different body parts each day. It takes a toll on her and there are times she can't lift daily. Her routine, heavy weights, has allowed her to drop weight, she claims. She eats a ton of protein, however. Also, she prepares meals for the week. She says it worth the effort.
  • SwissDave
    SwissDave Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Every other day, I couldn't recover quickly enough for every day. Cardio before and after weights and the occasional cardio only day thrown in when I have time.
  • HeartyHealthy
    HeartyHealthy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Could you all give some of the top str. Training exercises to begin with? Ones that will get a good basic start to improving? I speak of doing them at home to start with so would need to be free weights
  • kelr0110
    kelr0110 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I have crossfit actually 2x a week, throw in boxing a couple times a week.
  • Rogsman
    Rogsman Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Could you all give some of the top str. Training exercises to begin with? Ones that will get a good basic start to improving? I speak of doing them at home to start with so would need to be free weights

It really depends on the equipment you have available. Instead of saying to go with program A or B, I'd say read "The New Rules of Lifting for Women" which seems to be very popular.

• dawkpound2k
    dawkpound2k Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I enjoy lifting weights. I usually lift in a 3 day cycle doing each body part twice each one. gives plenty of time for recovery before hitting that group again. except when I squat lol. That usually takes longer to recover from
  • modmom1
    modmom1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I lift 4x a week. I'm on week 6 of my current program. I'm not doing any cardio but I do enjoy yin and vinyasa yoga. Yin yoga is an amazing compliment to strength training. When I started lifting a few years ago I used New Rules of Lifting for Women and it was the perfect beginners guide.