any tips for home exercise?

Options
Cant get to gym tomorrow as will be at home with children, then hubby going out after work. Can anyone give me any tips on exercise to do at home?

Replies

• invictus8
    invictus8 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I recommend the book "You are your own gym." Excellent info.
  • gogophers
    gogophers Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    You have to be a little more specific.
  • KimL122
    KimL122 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    If you have Comcast cable they have a Fit TV on demand that I've found some very good stuff.
  • krb710
    krb710 Posts: 19
    Options
    When I can't go to the gym, like today, I run up and down my stairs for at least thirty minutes to an hour. My daughter thinks Im crazy for doing this....
  • ktenenbaum226
    ktenenbaum226 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Buy a hula hoop @ hoopnotica.com.
    These hoops are specifically for adults to exercise...hoop anytime and burn lots of calories!
  • Brandei
    Brandei Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Jump Rope or a Jillian Michaels DVD (Target/ Walmart sells them for under $10)...but you should have some small hand weights too
  • Amy_Lynn74
    Amy_Lynn74 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I like Leslie Sansone's videos. I do a lot of walking as well. I have also bought some hand weights and looked up exercises on YouTube. Hope that helps.:flowerforyou:
  • lunchlady1208
    Options
    There's workout vid's on Netflix, too
    LOVE the 10 Minute Solution ones :)
  • lilgemforgets
    Options
    really good idea! Thanks...will let you know how i get on! May have to do it in 10mins set though! Never get longer than that to myself at once!
  • lilgemforgets
    Options
    Thanks for the help! Will look into videos!
  • Vercell
    Vercell Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I dont go to the gym .I do everything at home you got workout dvds, jumping jacks,jump rope, squats,running in place, pushups, walk in place,lunges,danceing.
  • columbus27
    columbus27 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Do 5 rounds of 10 push-ups, 15 squats, 20 second plank, 10 jumping jacks rest 60 seconds between rounds
  • momto1g1b
    momto1g1b Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    ZWOW on youtube or bodyrock.tv
  • nene01pop
    nene01pop Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    no gym either... I do own treadmill and ellipitical... but have zumba, wii fit, and of course serious house cleaning is a big exercise...
  • suzyqz1029
    Options
    If your kids are the right age, find an active game to play with them. A simple game of tag could potentially burn as many calories as the treadmill but would be a lot more fun. You could put music on and make them dance with you. Or, make them go on a walk with you. If they are small, put them in the stroller and push - extra calories burned!
  • MrsKato1021
    MrsKato1021 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    i LOVE WORKING OUT AT HOME. I DO BEACHBODY PROGRAMS, THEY ARE AWESOME,VERY MOTIVATING. THEY EVEN HAVE 10MINUTE TRAINER...WORKOUTS FOR THOSE SHORT ON TIME :) along with the at home workout programs you get a coach for suppport, think of it as a personal trainer for free!! Message me if your intrested. I'm coach and can help you find the right workout program for you :))