Staring C25k at the beginning of March 2015

Options
Hi Everyone - I'm planning on starting C25k at the beginning of March and would love some company. I did this two years ago and went from someone who thought I could never run to being able to run in a 10k (with some walking involved). I'm not a natural runner and it often takes me more than 1 week at each level - but slowly and surely I get there. I know it will be hard - I'm a good 10kg heavier than I was last time I did this. But I'm determined!

Replies

• mclelis
    mclelis Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Why wait till March? :) Get after it and enjoy! I am on week 8 and it has been really rewarding to do this. I used to run as well, and I am so glad to be back at it!
  • Elf31
    Elf31 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about starting in March too. I bike a lot, but not much of a runner. Would really love to push myself to do this!
  • mclelis
    mclelis Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    The C25K makes it really easy not to push your self too hard. I am so glad I am doing this, and when I complete the program I plan on finding ways to increase my speed. I am 61 years young and I am loving this program. If you are not starting till March, try walking 30 minutes everyday to get in the groove! You can do it!
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    I'll be here to encourage you all. I graduated C25K a couple of years ago and am still running. Started out as a non-runner, so it can be done. C25K takes dedication to keeping to the schedule and it'll take you to being a 30-minute runner (not necessarily 5K) in just 9 weeks. It's a great feeling when you accomplish each new day in the program.
  • hollyelise68
    hollyelise68 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am starting in march also. I hope it warms up! I did it last year and was amazed i was able to run. I never thought i could run, but found if i slowed down i can. My neighbor passed me walking one time....haha
  • HeartyHealthy
    HeartyHealthy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I plan on doing something along these lines. I have not been out to walk/jog in better than a week as we have a virtual skating rink out here in the country but plan on getting back to it and there is even a multi fun K local in March to start with (1-5k)
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Need to attempt It again the team support may be the answer to completing it
  • LyssaJ1
    LyssaJ1 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    mclelis wrote: »
    If you are not starting till March, try walking 30 minutes everyday to get in the groove! You can do it!

Absolutely this! I was re-set to day zero due to a shoulder injury, but I'm absolutely walking in order to make it a healthy habit and in preparation to returning to the program. It was awesome to actually run...right before my shoulder freaked. I'm still debating a brace to immobilize the shoulder and then getting back to running, seeing as yoga and strength training isn't helping it at all. I really, really miss actively participating in C25k.

Good luck to each and all of you!

• shanghai1991
    shanghai1991 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would like to be part of it too starting March. thanks
  • KrisPage
    Options
    Started over at W2D1 and did good there.
  • KrisPage
    Options
    Jumped to W3D2
  • kathyrain
    kathyrain Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, C25k is great! I am starting it (again) as soon as our snow clears out of here in northern Virginia. I did it last year and let it all slide over the winter. Will check in here for support!
  • KrisPage
    Options
    Rest day today
  • KrisPage
    Options
    I did W3D1 today increased my pace a little and continued to cover the full 5k distance
  • jneen29
    jneen29 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Anyone in Seattle? Doing the Cove to Clover 5K this month?
  • KrisPage
    Options
    W3d2 with a 4-5 mile running pace
  • KrisPage
    Options
    2 mile walk with its on their bikes
  • Breadbar
    Breadbar Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I've dabbled at C25K for quite a while doing an occasional day here and there, but I'm giving it a regular turn in my exercise schedule this month and I'm curious to see how far I get. At 63 it would tickle me to no end to actually do a 5K.