Fat Bomb Overdose

Options
iris8pie
iris8pie Posts: 224 Member
so I finally tried my hand at making fat bombs...and OMG SO GOOD!!! I made chocolate, coconut oil, coconut flake, almond butter ones, and they were so freaking delicious, that I couldnt stop eating them! about half an hour later I felt nauseous, and then got sick! This has never happened to me before low carb life. Before, I could eat as much of anything and never have a problem. Do you suppose its because of the high fat content? has this ever happened to anyone else? too much fat = no bueno?

Replies

• sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Too fatty a meal makes me vomit, more then 4 tablespoons of mayo or the equivalent fat grams will make me want to curl into a ball and puke.
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    If I have too much heavy cream.....say more than a quarter cup....well, my bathroom and I are friends for awhile.
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    iris8pie wrote: »
    so I finally tried my hand at making fat bombs...and OMG SO GOOD!!! I made chocolate, coconut oil, coconut flake, almond butter ones, and they were so freaking delicious, that I couldnt stop eating them! about half an hour later I felt nauseous, and then got sick! This has never happened to me before low carb life. Before, I could eat as much of anything and never have a problem. Do you suppose its because of the high fat content? has this ever happened to anyone else? too much fat = no bueno?

It sounds like you tried my recipes. Now you make me feel like I have created a monster....LOL!

I only eat 1 or 2 a day after a meal or if I'm short on fat at the end of the day.

I hope you're feeling better soon...

Dan the Man from Michigan
  • iris8pie
    Options
    AHA!! Its all your Fault Dan!! >:)
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    How on earth did you eat all those? They are so rich. I'd say you overdid it and try not to do that in the future.
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    AHA!! Its all your Fault Dan!! >:)

I'm sorry! LOL!
  • embersdream
    embersdream Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    oh yep me to . aparantly relates tto the liver /gallbladder having to process all that . liver herbs .
  • SteveKroll
    SteveKroll Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I hate to say it, but it sounds like you are trying to replace sugary treats of a high carb past with fat bombs. I mention this because I've done the same thing. Something about the sweet flavor triggers cravings. I can't keep desserty things around the house, no matter how low carb they are, because what happens is I end up eating a lot of those instead of real food.
  • shadesofidaho
    shadesofidaho Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I am the same way Steve. I am avoiding making fat bombs. My worst is pork skins with butter and SF Torani syrup. It is all ok and I have found to put the butter and syrup in a tiny dish and nuke everything then dip into the butter SF syrup dish. Uses less of the butter and SF syrup. But I try not to eat it often. Right now I am on a need to have some thing crunch more than sweet. Thank God for pork skins.
  • iris8pie
    Options
    SteveKroll wrote: »
    I hate to say it, but it sounds like you are trying to replace sugary treats of a high carb past with fat bombs. I mention this because I've done the same thing. Something about the sweet flavor triggers cravings. I can't keep desserty things around the house, no matter how low carb they are, because what happens is I end up eating a lot of those instead of real food.

Thank you Steve. I think you nailed it there...im not fully committed to keto, I waver back and forth (i.e. cheating on weekends) and I think Im still struggling with carb addicted style binge eating issues. finding my way though slowly but surely though. Thank you all for your input <3
  • KetoCutie
    KetoCutie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    [quote=...im not fully committed to keto, I waver back and forth (i.e. cheating on weekends) and I think Im still struggling with carb addicted style binge eating issues. finding my way though slowly but surely though. Thank you all for your input <3

It takes time, and a little bit of trial and error. Keep at it, you'll get the hang of it.

:)
  • iam4life
    iam4life Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I did the. Exact. Same. Thing. No terrible side effects tho. I bet I ate a pound of fat bombs a day for a week before I decided to back off. It was a tasty week.
  • KETOGENICGURL
    KETOGENICGURL Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Fat Bombs are MOSTLY coconut oil-120 cal per tbl. so it will lubricate the guts too, and having your gall bladder hit with so much pure fat at once (not a bad thing long term as you adjust, the opposite is MUCH worse! a desiccated 'low fat' ruined gallbladder*, just ask me!)
    So nausea may be your body's way of adjusting, it is for me too. Many of us will never eat it by the spoonful out of the jar like some do! While I can put same calories of butter in coffee and love it , coconut oil takes getting used to.

Calories in a BASIC 16-17 oz Bomb recipe with nuts is 6,020 (see below) =376c per oz. (2tbl) so consuming a fat loaded 2 or 3oz treat is 750-1120 calories in under a minute. two minutes if you nibble politely? gotta have an effect as you adjust.

Basic recipe online is 8oz coco oil-1920c+ 4oz PB or AB=400c, 2 oz flake coconut 400c 1 oz cocoa=40c+ 2 oz walnuts/macadamia ~400c nocal sweetener, some vanilla. Mix all together, chill in ONE silicon pie pan..and weigh you get total ounces, since you know Total calories IN..than you know how much per piece by weight. I do not waste time filling teeny ice cube trays..I use the 9" round silicon bake pan, layer coconut flake and crushed walnuts on bottom, drip raspberry flavor on part, orange, or other flavors on coconut. for a surprise lair .then pour the hot mix over to about ~ 3/8" tall. I have a giant 'cookie bomb" that is easy to weigh by the piece. I do not have to commit to a set portion size, this is important, give yourself a bit of freedom, while knowing what you ate.

*as one of the boomer generation girls sold the low fat diet in my 20's, without fat to smoothly deliver bile you will develop stones, and like sludge in an engine with dirty, low oil you can ruin its performance. My surgeon told me MANY millions of us have tons of seed size stones, but not worth scanning everyone to prevent the severe pain that will occur, so they treat it as an ER surgery case, and usually yank the gallbladder. You do need it, so LCHF can help resolve problems. Excellent info: http://www.dietdoctor.com/gallstones-and-low-carb
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    *as one of the boomer generation girls sold the low fat diet in my 20's, without fat to smoothly deliver bile you will develop stones, and like sludge in an engine with dirty, low oil you can ruin its performance. My surgeon told me MANY millions of us have tons of seed size stones, but not worth scanning everyone to prevent the severe pain that will occur, so they treat it as an ER surgery case, and usually yank the gallbladder. You do need it, so LCHF can help resolve problems. Excellent info: http://www.dietdoctor.com/gallstones-and-low-carb

SOOOOOOO wish I had know this 14 years ago... I would NEVER have gotten my gallbladder out. The consequences of having it out have been nothing short of hell. At least some of those have been mitigated some by this way of eating, but still....