Options
amybee
amybee Posts: 4 Member
?

Replies

• dsjsmom23
    dsjsmom23 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I eat anywhere from 900 to 1600 depending on how much exercise I do, and how hungry I am.
    I am 8 months out, down 112 pounds, and have about 15 to go until i'm at goal.
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I am 5 months out, 10 pounds from goal and I aim for 1000, but do't sweat a couple hundred more if I am hungry and/or exercised. I do sweat it if the excess comes from bored snacking.

Rob

63741332.png

Darn it, I miss the tickers!
  • dcc56
    dcc56 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    My clinic's goal is 1000 but I often go over that...1500 is more reasonable I think. I'm nine months out, past the goal they set for me but I want to lose more. To do this I know I will need to get down to 1000 again. I am trying hard to ramp up my exercise and overall activity and get off the couch! I am considering repeating the two week liquid diet to recondition myself to getting back on track to consuming less.
  • jrnguyen
    jrnguyen Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    At 5 months out I am at 800 cals, but my doc has given me permission to up to 1000 if I find myself getting hungrier. When my day is protein packed, I still have a hard time even getting to 800, though.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    since I am now normal wt for ht I aim for 1360. it is my BMR and I am sedentary so that allows for a little blow over without gain. I have been at maintenance about 7 month. To lose I had to stay under 900
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    The reality of maintenance is you only get about 300-400 more calories than your active loss phase. Staying normal wt for ht means you basically get one more snack a day. Sure you could morph into a daily exerciser and eat more but that is not reality for most of us. I just focus on getting 10,000 steps In every day and a dance class once a week. all my clothes have fitted waistbands. if my pants are tight in the morning it is a 1000 calorie day.
  • cecyg
    cecyg Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 2 months out and I'm hitting 400 to 500 cal per day.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I am 3.5 years out. My nut told me at 1 year that my 800 calories or less a day had put me in starvation mode and to up it to 1,000. If that didn't work up another 100 until the weight started coming off again. I lost 15 pounds in the next year eating between 900 and 1,000. However, since then, the 1,000 isn't working so I'm upping again. Right now I'm at 1,100. I will give this a month and if it doesn't work go to 1,200. Really not sure what I will do at that point if the weight is still stagnant.
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I am 4 years out this month. The dietician recommended 1200-1500 cals for me. I am 5'11. I still have a lot to lose IMO but I regained 50lbs over a year ago. I am doing pretty good still losing weight when I stick to about 1250 without exercise. Which I don't want to do, I want to get fit not skinny. So when I do a good workout I usually allow myself the 1500 if I am hungry.
    Good luck and please remember we are all different.
  • amybee
    amybee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    At 3 mths out I'm doing 800 and it's working. My husband thinks I need to increase my calorie intake but I disagree.
  • readallday
    readallday Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I am almost 6 months out. I hit right around 800-900 a day.
  • ac7nj
    ac7nj Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    My surgery team has me at 1000 per day. When I have swimming and strength training I still struggle with being hungry.
  • janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I am 2 1/2 months out and average 800-1100
  • nkac1980
    nkac1980 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    ac7nj wrote: »
    My surgery team has me at 1000 per day. When I have swimming and strength training I still struggle with being hungry.

On that note. Why the heck are we hungry? I thought the hunger hormone was removed with our stomach. It has been my biggest struggle feeling hunger like 30 mins after I eat everytime I eat.
  • loribashor
    loribashor Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am 9 weeks out and average 800 - 1000 per day. I am also starting to feel a little hungry now and then. I am curious about the same thing - hunger feeling. At first, it was so great because there was absolutely no hunger. Now, its creeping in. I'm interested to hear from others who are farther out from surgery on this. What happens with regard to that hunger feeling? (sorry to hijack the thread!).
  • kglowins
    kglowins Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I am 10 months out and stay between 900-1,000 per day. I work out anywhere from 3-5 times per week 45 minutes each time. Hope this helps!
  • bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    1000-1200 during my initial loss phase while exercising about 400-500 cal per day 5xper week. Been in maintenance 10 months now. If I begin to creep outside my goal range of 135-145 I go back to logging and try to stay under 1200. Still exercising 5xper week in maintenance, (maybe with a little less intensity than before ;-)
  • SweetJulyRoses
    Options
    I'm 6wks out on Monday and eat between 900-1100 day. I'm 30lbs down from surgery and 38lbs down since 2wk pre op diet. I seem to be steadily losing without any long periods of stall. I'm also 5'10" and other than chasing 4 little ones around all day I haven't started any major exercise. I also drink 4-24oz bottles of water a day....one before each meal.
  • bonitadonita
    Options
    I am almost 8 years out and I eat about 1000 - 1200 a day with excercise.
  • 5BeautifulDays
    5BeautifulDays Posts: 683 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    ac7nj wrote: »

I make an effort to eat back half my calories on my workout days (I'm burning somewhere in the neighborhood of 250 (MFP says 500...um, I don't think so!) three days a week. Sometimes I split that eating back between two days. If I don't, I feel weak and don't do as well in my next workout.

I'm 6 months out and eating around 900-1100 depending on exercise. According to MFP I could eat 1200-1500 or so and still lose two pounds a week! Not that weight loss really works like that for me. I'm a stall, stall, down 1, stall, stall, down 5 pounds sort of girl.

For the OP--at 3 months I was eating 700 or so a day, so I think you're on track.