Weekly Post 22/02/ - 28/02/15

Options

Replies

• jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Fast day number one. I got this one!

Was a bit too much into the sweets this weekend so will shall see if it reflects on the scale. Have a great day all!
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Fast day going pretty good here. I was trying to wait until dinner, but had to have a banana as I'm starving at work! I've already had 70oz of water too. Can't wait to get home and eat some dinner!
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Fast day ending. Went well and I'm off too bed soon :)
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Tuesday morning here and I just had a massive breakfast. Completely forgot that it's Tuesday eg fast day. Whoops
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Fast day tomorrow looking forward to it. Plenty of work to do to keep me occupied.
  • lulu1066
    lulu1066 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    me too Geoff.
  • chiccam
    chiccam Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    First fast day tomorrow!
    We can do this!
  • jknight001
    Options
    Yes we can!
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Have you had an opportunity to write about what is going on mentally? Writing is a great way to discover what is going on inside because it is slower than thinking and, thus, can keep us from zooming past tiny, yet, important details. Just a thought...

Journaling...yes...this is what I will be starting to implement. I have never tried to do it long term, but I think by letting things flow and getting things out will help. Even just the small postings on this site has helped me tremendously working through things in my head.

Good luck with everyone's fastings! Great progress everyone!
  • mwhite61451
    mwhite61451 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my FD. Did well...stayed under my limit...first time that's happened! I'm afraid part of it may be nerves as much as starving myself. Going thru a lot of personal stuff right now.
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    Options
    Good fast day yesterday! I got on the scale today (love getting on after my fasts) and I was 171 Monday morning, and 168.8 today! This is the lowest I've been since my daughter was born in June!!! Seriously so happy with 5:2. It's been a savior.
  • thecarbmonster
    thecarbmonster Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion @snaps @jknight! Such a "duh" for me because I haven't been doing it at all lately! I feel so good lately that I forget to do those kind of basics and still work on things so they don't start creeping back (like they are lately!!!).

Back when I was at my lowest, I was afraid to right my lows or bad things because I felt like it was just highlighting them and tried to only focus on positive things. I would sit copying the same list of things I was thankful for and would spend the whole time sobbing thinking "look how much you have to be thankful for and you are still so sad and depressed". Even though writing positive/thankful things is a good habit, at that time I was using it as another tool to harm by building guilt and shame. Ugh, can't believe I punished myself for so long before getting help. I thought there was something wrong with me and that I deserved it, instead of that I deserve to be happy and feel joy.

• karen_fitzgibbon
    Options
    Today is my first fast day that I've done with my husband home. It's gonna be a tricky one.
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    Options
    I have to fast when I'm at work!! LOL it's too hard when I'm home for the day.
  • jknight001
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion @snaps @jknight! Such a "duh" for me because I haven't been doing it at all lately! I feel so good lately that I forget to do those kind of basics and still work on things so they don't start creeping back (like they are lately!!!).

You have always been one to wrestle with things until you figure them out. I have confidence you will figure this out as well. :heart:
  • jknight001
    Options
    Half way through second fast day! Then on to my 5 TDEE days.

I have to take my own advice and start writing about why I just want to jump into a bowl of anything sweet on TDEE days. :blush: Love the flexibility of 5:2 but I am not as responsible as I would like to be with it just yet.
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    Options
    bburg86 wrote: »
    I have to fast when I'm at work!! LOL it's too hard when I'm home for the day.

I hear ya. I normally do them at work too. But I've been off for the last week and still have another week to go. Plus he's home for yet another week with his knee.
    I don't want to skip it so I'll just have to try and see how it goes
  • iwannabeonthebeach
    iwannabeonthebeach Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    FD #2 for me today and woke up already hungry, not a good omen. Currently eating a low fat plain yoghurt very s-l-o-w-l-y
  • cal0rina
    cal0rina Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I've not fasted since last wed and feel a little out of control , hhave been visiting my mum and have a rotten cold so not swum for a week either, but feel a bit more human now and going to fast tonight (on night shifts) and swim after work. If it's anything like last night it'll be a doddle to fast as it is very busy at the moment. But trying to keep perspective, this is the flexibility of 5:2, real life still goes on! Happy fasting xx
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    Options
    Yayyyyyy I've almost finished the day!!!!! 7pm and I've even managed to get in a roasted marshmallow