Water weight?

Options
karirenae
karirenae Posts: 106 Member
so I cheated saturday and are a few Girl Scout cookies and applebees chicken strips :( the ne t day I was up 4 lbs! I'm HOPING this is water weight? Will it come back off easily? Any insight helps :)

Replies

• GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    How many was 'a few'? ;) I've usually found that weight quickly, and recently gained, comes off again fairly quickly.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    It's almost certainly water weight. There's no way you gained that much fat. Give it a week, it will come off.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Fit......It might be fat... OP did you eat 14,000 calories???
  • karirenae
    Options
    No, I dont believe I ate 14,000 calories. lol. I had applebees fires, chicken strips and honey mustard, also like 5 girl scout cookies. Its just amazing what one day does to you. Last week, I had 4 days in a row that I screwed up, and lost more weight that next week faster than I have before, then I screwed up.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Proceed foods like that slow down your digestion a lot. It gets "stuck" in the slow digestion track for a few days. Plus the water retained to "digest" processed things. It becomes a seemingly endless cycle sometimes... Good luck.
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Were you pretty low carb before the high-carb intake? If so, then definitely water weight. The carbs allow your glycogen stores to be replenished. Each gram of glycogen adds 3-4 grams of water.

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/56/1/292S.full.pdf

I went in the other direction. Had 0 carbs the other day. Stuffed myself on pork ribs. Lost 3lbs the next day. :)
  • karirenae
    Options
    wabmester wrote: »
    Were you pretty low carb before the high-carb intake? If so, then definitely water weight. The carbs allow your glycogen stores to be replenished. Each gram of glycogen adds 3-4 grams of water.

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/56/1/292S.full.pdf

I went in the other direction. Had 0 carbs the other day. Stuffed myself on pork ribs. Lost 3lbs the next day. :)

Yes actually I am always 20g or under, so I guess that is it, I HOPE!!!