New to Keto

Options
Hi everyone! This is my first time trying a forum so all help or direction is appreciated. I just started a Keto diet about 5 days ago and I'm not sure what I think about it. I'm hitting my macros and watching calories, but I feel very fluffy, almost like I'm gaining. I haven't stepped on the scale because I'm scared it will say I'm right. Is this normal at first?

Replies

• sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I have heard that the transition from burning carbohydrates to burning fat can cause initial gain as your body gets used to the change. However, if you stick with it you will lose weight. My advice is to drink half your body weight in ounces a day at least. Drink some more after that. Drink tons of water! I think you will notice a difference if you do. Hope this helps.
  • mowbry
    mowbry Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi Summers, try this free keto calculator to help you with your Macros http://ketodietapp.com/Blog/page/KetoDiet-Buddy. I'm in my second week of this diet and just gone into ketosis when I applied the totals from this calculator. I drink between 2-3 litres of water daily, 1 fat bomb coffee in the morning and 3-4 cups of tea per day. There is a real danger drinking too much water, so please be aware. My sister ended up in hospital drinking too much water.
  • summersondov
    summersondov Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have heard that the transition from burning carbohydrates to burning fat can cause initial gain as your body gets used to the change. However, if you stick with it you will lose weight. My advice is to drink half your body weight in ounces a day at least. Drink some more after that. Drink tons of water! I think you will notice a difference if you do. Hope this helps.

Thank you! I'm drinking like a fish so hopefully I'll see a difference soon.
  • Groitgard
    Options
    The best bet is to weigh yourself the day you start, and two weeks following. That allows enough time for your body to adapt and will probably give you a psychological boost from seeing the water weight fall off. While its not real weight loss, the numbers can definitely keep you motivated.
  • Sarasayshi
    Sarasayshi Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Take photos! I would take them at least every 30 days. That will motivate you to see changes even if the scale doesn't show any.