Weekly Post 22/02/ - 28/02/15

Options

Replies

• Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I was going to roll my omlett around some sardines, then I looked at the calories on the tin, they went back into the cupboard. 800+ for a quick snack that I used to eat between meals.
  • thecarbmonster
    thecarbmonster Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Know what day it is???? HUMP DAY! Means halfway through another work week. There is snow looming in the weather forecast for early tomorrow morning so it might be too late for it to close the base I work at...but fingers are still crossed haha.

Feeling good I've already gotten two fast days in this week! I count days under 1000 calories as fast days (I know, I'm a cheater!!!), but always feel relieved after making it through fast days after being off my game for awhile. I always feel refreshed and back in charge lol. Creeping back down to 50 lost, slowly but surely!
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Karen- Congrats on getting through the home fast day!!

@thecarbmonster we must both be in the northeast! We have the same snow alert for tonight/tomorrow. Sigh.. I just want warmer weather.

Today is a feast day for me, but with doing AIP, it's so limited. Basically meet, veggies, some fruit, and fats! I'm down 8.2 lbs and I'm only 0.2lbs from my goal I set for this month! (to lose 5 lbs). I am so excited! We also found out we got a new apartment that we applied for last week, so we will be moving at the end of march. We will have a fantastic kitchen and it'll be a lot easier to cook because we will actually have counter space!!
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Omfg!!!!!! 1.2kg loss this week!!!!!! Woot wooooooo all thanks to the 5:2 wickedly awesome way of life!!!!!!
  • janetteluparia
    janetteluparia Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Still not losing but not gaining. I have found my loss target calories to be too low. Can't seem to break the barrier. Work travel has not been helpful. Trying trying trying. Every week. Hanging tough. Looked at last year and March is when I was able to achieve a major loss. I am thinking the weather broke and I was able to get outside. Looking forward to that. 15 pounds from goal. That is all. 15 pounds.
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    Options
    Sooooooo close!
  • lulu1066
    lulu1066 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Karen - that's brilliant and Janette hang in there - it'll happen!
  • mwhite61451
    mwhite61451 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Just finished 2nd FD of the week. Just over goal by 6 cal. Will be interesting to see wt tomorrow
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Janette- been on my last 3kg for a year. They are stubborn and I wasn't as strict cal wise on non fast days . Still fasting as a tool to maintain in a small weight range. That has worked very well and will be my way to go forever :)
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I would sit copying the same list of things I was thankful for and would spend the whole time sobbing thinking "look how much you have to be thankful for and you are still so sad and depressed". Even though writing positive/thankful things is a good habit, at that time I was using it as another tool to harm by building guilt and shame.

I know what you mean...I'd spend days feeling sorry for myself and then I would see some horrible tragic thing on the news and think, "you're pathetic! You have no right to complain when things like that are going on in the world" Just making myself feel worse. I hope that the journal writing that I'm embarking on will take me to a good place and not make me dwell. But like I said before I think that it is better out (giving it to the universe) than in.

And by the way, Carbs, your new pic looks gorg :D
  • mwhite61451
    mwhite61451 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Weighed in this AM. Have lost 2.6 lbs this week. Am close to goal. 5:2 really works...have lost 20 lbs since October 10th, when I first stumbled on this illustrious group. Keys for me: Stay close to FD thresholds and don't go nuts on non FD's. Thanks
  • lulu1066
    Options
    mwhite that's so good! well done indeed; your two rules are clearly working.
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    Options
    mwhite - Awesome job!!! and great job Karen on the nice loss, as well!!
    -
    Fast day #2 for me. Aiming to fast all day and eat all my calories at dinner time. I'd love to get to 10lbs lost! That means I'd have to lose 1.8lbs tomorrow when I log in. That would take me down to 166.6 which would the lowest I've been IN over a year. I was 157 when I got pregnant, and I just REALLY want to see that number again, and then go from there.
  • lulu1066
    Options
    you're going to be a yummy mummy bburg! Like you, I'm fasting today and really hoping to break into the 50s soon. 155-160 will be my comfort zone. started at 205 and discovered lovely 5:2 at 176.
  • thecarbmonster
    thecarbmonster Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    @bburg! Yep! I'm in Southern Maryland (hour below DC). Just got 2 hours late. I thought about taking the whole day (so I didn't bust my booty on the ice), but once I heard the sidewalk was cleared at work I made it in before lunch. Luckily I didn't have to go this one building that is like a 1/4 mile away from the parking lot. Imagine doing the penguin walk that far on ice haha.
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Snaps and Carbi - I'm so impressed how you are working through your issues, food and otherwise! You two are making progress in leaps and bounds!

Karen & bburg - great losses!!

I've eaten my fast day food. It was a good day. A half day at work, got my balcony pots ready for spring and went for a long walk in the sun this afternoon. Hoping spring is around the corner, but winter will come back over the weekend. But it all kept me busy :p

I've generally had a pretty good week food and fast wise. The increase in cardio/strength circuits seems to be having a positive effect too. I might be in for a very low weigh in tomorrow and also taking some measurements again. Slowly closing in on that next kilo bracket that has been avoiding me for so long! B)

• RatherBeInTheShire
    Options
    @lulu1066 wow! That's great! It's really working for you! I cannot wait until I can officially get into the next pants size down! I was a 10 before baby, now I'm a 14. UGH! So discouraging, only because I have no clothes that fit and don't have tons of money to buy all new clothes!

@thecarbmonster yep! I am about 30 minutes above Frederick, MD. We just got flurries today, thank goodness! I am so tired of snow!!!
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    Options
    Lol it's funny listening to you guys talk about snow and cold weather. It's 6am here and already 28 degrees. (82f)
    I go back to work tomorrow next week thank goodness. Then I can start fasting normally. Today is another attempt to fast at home with the husband. I'll try but I don't like my chances
    Have a great fast day peeps!!!!
  • lulu1066
    Options
    bburg - you say you 'don't have tons of money to buy new clothes' so can I suggest a way around it? when i was at my heaviest, my wardrobe consisted of voluminous skirts and t shirts in weird colours, grabbed off a sale rail without trying on as I felt so hopeless about the way I looked.

- i lost the first ten and bought some new clothes, but my intention was to keep losing so I felt guilty about wasting money. Then I discovered a really great local goodwill shop (with some seriously stylish donors), and I started going in my lunch break every Friday to buy new work and home clothes for tiny amounts. Then as I gradually got smaller, I'd wash or dryclean the stuff and donate it back before walking out with another armful of dresses and skirts and jackets. This meant that I was cheered up by new ( to me ) clothes, and it also meant that stuff fit all the time. I could experiment with styles and colours that were new to me, as fashion had moved on during my 'big years'. The ladies in the shop joke that they are my 'lending library'. My all time score was a silk Ralph Lauren evening dress with tags still on for eight bucks.

karen - I'm in a warm place too, but so jealous of people who can go for walks in the lovely snow!
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    @lulu1066 - Loved your Goodwill story! That was beautiful.