Swimming shampoo as only shampoo?

Options
Hello all! I am just beginning to swim, aiming for being in the pool 3 days per week. It just so happens that I also only wash my poor already dry hair 3-4 days a week. So, the shampoo that I use post swim may be the only one I use. Is anyone else using only a swimming shampoo that works for them well as their only shampoo? Also, body wash recommendations are great too!

Thank you!

Replies

• EricMatthew0812
    Options
    I have used it in the past as my only but it just seems like it's a wee bit more expensive. But other than that works just as well! As for body wash pretty much anything works I just lotion up after a shower.
  • UncreativeMe123
    UncreativeMe123 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have used it in the past as my only but it just seems like it's a wee bit more expensive. But other than that works just as well! As for body wash pretty much anything works I just lotion up after a shower.

Thanks for your take on it! Which brand do you prefer?

• Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    I use the Ultra Swim shampoo, I get it on Amazon - it's great for removing chlorine. It's not my only shampoo, I use it on the days I swim, but for the majority of the year I swim 4-5 days a week & I'm in the water for over 2 hours each time. I also use the Ultra Swim conditioner because, while the shampoo does a great job removing the chlorine, my hair ends up VERY dry & the conditioner makes a big difference.....
  • UncreativeMe123
    UncreativeMe123 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I have been using Aubrey's Organics Swimmer Shampoo and had the same drying affect, that would resolved with conditioner. I was just hoping for a shampoo that didn't seem as stripping. It sounds like the same situation as the Ultra. I tried Babo Botanicals swim and sport brand yesterday, and that might actually be the one :)
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I used to use Ultra Swim, but then I found the "Ion" brand swimmer's shampoo from Sally Beauty Supply for a lot less. I follow it with a leave-in conditioner like Neutrogena's Triple Moisture leave-in cream or a generic equivalent of Sebastian Potion 9.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    I used to use Ultra Swim, but then I found the "Ion" brand swimmer's shampoo from Sally Beauty Supply for a lot less. I follow it with a leave-in conditioner like Neutrogena's Triple Moisture leave-in cream or a generic equivalent of Sebastian Potion 9.
    The problem I have found with the leave ins is that I'm forced to shower and shampoo my hair again before the next swim to wash out the remnants of the conditioner. My short hair get slick when damp and the cap won't stay down :)
    Adidas makes a water ports shampoo. Haven't tried it yet. Only saw it in China so far. Funny. :)
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    fishgutzy wrote: »
    The problem I have found with the leave ins is that I'm forced to shower and shampoo my hair again before the next swim to wash out the remnants of the conditioner. My short hair get slick when damp and the cap won't stay down :)
    Adidas makes a water ports shampoo. Haven't tried it yet. Only saw it in China so far. Funny. :)

I rinse my hair before I swim the next time because saturating the hair (and skin) with fresh water is supposed to help keep chlorine from being absorbed in the first place. I don't shampoo, though--
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    Options