Keto bars

Options
sbom1
sbom1 Posts: 227 Member
edited February 2015 in Social Groups
I personally don't, at this point, eat much in the way of bars, shakes etc. But on occasion I want/need something quick, portable etc. I've been reading labels for 2 months and haven't found anything that really made me want to buy. I came across these keto bars online and liked the ingredient list: Coconut, Eggs, Bakers Choc, whey protein, heavy cream, butter, sugar, vanilla extract, potassium sorbate, salt, stevia; 220 calories, 18g fat, 13g Sat fat, 0g trans fat, 63mg cholesterol, 89mg sodium, 6g total carb - 3.5g fiber, 1.5g sugar - Protein 7g.
I know some people won't like the whey protein, stevia or other ingredients, but for my occasional use, I'm fine with it. They are not cheap but 1/2 a bar is very satisfying. You have to like chocolate and coconut!
http://www.ketobars.com/collections/frontpage/products/keto-bars-10-pack
There are also shakes on the site-haven't tried.

Replies

• JennyToy
    JennyToy Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    sometimes we all need something quick and easy! thank you for recommending!
  • sbom1
    Options
    JennyToy wrote: »
    sometimes we all need something quick and easy! thank you for recommending!

You're welcome!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I'd love to find some recipes to make these rather than buy them. I pay for convenience when I can afford it, and right now, I can't! LOL
  • WisconsinFlyAnglerGirl
    Options
    These will be great for days I'm out fishing. Thanks for the tip!
  • sbom1
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    I'd love to find some recipes to make these rather than buy them. I pay for convenience when I can afford it, and right now, I can't! LOL
    I listed the ingredients in the order on the wrapper so I'm guessing that is correlated to most to least quantity. I hear ya on the affordability.

• sbom1
    Options
    These will be great for days I'm out fishing. Thanks for the tip!
    You're welcome. Not sure about your weather (?Wisconsin-probably cold), but they do get a bit melty in warm weather. I throw them in a baggie and into a cooler when I'm out and about in the heat here.