A new year...A new you weigh in challenge

Options

Replies

• mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Anyone have a challenge they would like to propose for Week 6? I am out of ideas
  • ravenzwart
    ravenzwart Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Sorry I am not creative at all
  • Steffie782000
    Steffie782000 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have gained weight after doing so well. Last Wednesday I became overwhelmed with everything and turned to fast food for dinners for a few days then it skyrocketed in a downward spiral. So many things in life were making me feel I could not escape from old habits. I feel awful, my husband feels awful and my daughter had the flu. So this morning, instead of putting my health off for another day I am turning back to my health regime and becoming accountable again and going to try my hardest to stay on track. I can't believe how everything can change so fast and how hard it is to get back at it. We are a healthy and active family but I want to make us even better. The constant cooking and baking and prepping every meal got the better of me, but I realize how much my body misses those meals. Here is to getting back at it.
  • ravenzwart
    Options
    okay im kinda sure my scale broke down. i was expecting some weight gaine due to my snack attacks. but this morning it said i weighed 136,1 kg and that would be a gain of 64,5 kg (142 lb) while still being able to get in the same pair of pants. so i have to go buy a new one. hopefully tomorrow i can have a accurate measurement.

@steffie78200: just focus on today. i had a bad week also, i started crying in the car and i had snack attacks all week (still dont know why). no point in looking bad. i confronted myself by logging everything and now i am working back to my healthy regime. life sometimes gets to you. you are back on track now, so its in the past.
  • HatherM
    HatherM Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    My challenge for the coming week is going to be log all food & stop the bad snacking!
  • neurex
    neurex Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    @Steffie782000‌ good job on your commitment to get back on track! You can do it!
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Good morning, I skipped my weigh in this week. I haven't been working out or running due to a nasty cold (which I am finally getting over) and my eating has been atrocious. I decided that instead of depressing myself by seeing a gain on the scale which I am sure would be mostly water weight, I would give myself a pass for last week and get back on track this week. So my focus this week is simple, Track my food and make smarter choices, drink water, and get back to my half marathon training plan. Happy Valentine's day.
  • jemsurf
    jemsurf Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Today was my first day logging in a week. I will most likely have a gain this Saturday on the scale. My plan is to walk or run everyday this week to try and combat a huge gain. The 5 day weekend kicked my butt and resulted in over indulgences with alcohol. A mini vacation if you will ;)
  • HatherM
    Options
    Managed to maintain this week, in all honesty I can't be angry at that.

I'm still holding onto this cold, meaning I'm unable to exercise as I'd like & with an assignment due in soon, that's taking up most of my time!

I think realistically I have to do what I can this month & then go for it big time in March!
  • ravenzwart
    Options
    @HatherM‌ your right. maintaining is sometimes a good result, especially when thing arent that great. Better accept and move on, then staying upset and letting that pull you down!
  • jemsurf
    Options
    I gained this week, not surprising due to lack of logging the latter part of last week. I've been very active and running a lot so I hope to see a drop next week.
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Up 3 pounds in 2 weeks. I am sure some or most of it was water weight but I have been sick and haven't been able to workout as much as I normally would and my food choices have been a little less healthy since I am going through a serious bout of winter blues with the excessive amount of snow that has fallen over the last 4 weeks. Next week is tough since my husband is away for business. My focus is to just not do anymore damage so i can finish this challenge strong!
  • HatherM
    Options
    Up a lb this week, which doesn't surprise me.
    I've not done a great deal except uni work & munching on junk food.
    Next week I'll be back to it with some motivation.
    Hope you all have a good weigh in xxx (*)
  • ravenzwart
    Options
    @HatherM‌ and @mamarundrc‌, you'll get there. Just keep going.

After maintaining a few weeks, i have a loss again.
  • jemsurf
    Options
    Tomorrow is my birthday and I've been celebrating for 2 weeks now ;-) No real loss again this week!!!
  • neurex
    neurex Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I ended up gaining, although I'm pretty happy with my eating and exercising. I did increase my goal calories, such that I should lose 1 lb / week. I think the increase in weight might be just random fluctuation. I might decrease my goal calories if I don't decrease next week.
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    I had a rough week without my husband home but I managed to eat well and lose 0.8 of the three I had gained. Getting back to my regular routine so hopefully the rest of the gain plus some extra will come off before the end of this challenge.
  • melanieleasure
    melanieleasure Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have been in a rut lately. Eating awful and sitting at ball games at least 4 games a week. Ugh. I have let my self go and today is my day back.
  • ravenzwart
    Options
    Had a rough week because i am having problems with my galblatter and maybe it has to be removed. I am super tired, anxious and really moody and today i have been eating like crazy (trying to eat the emotion away, its stupid but cant seem to stop). But there is still a small weight loss so thats good news.
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    This week's weigh in was a little rough, up some. Time to get back on track and hopefully next week I will start the slide back down on the scale. I haven't been keeping track of my food like I need to so that is where I think I will focus this week.