4:3/ADF

Options
eychenn
eychenn Posts: 64 Member
Has anyone tried any of those fasting methods? Do you lose a bit faster than on 5:2? Thinking of doing this for a few weeks in the new year with all the eating that has been going on these last few weeks!

Replies

• flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Every additional fast gives you another 1000-1500 cal deficit, depending on your maintainance cals. It can help, but doesn't work for everyone. I felt alot more restricted on 4:3 (I've only done a few weeks of it).

The beauty of 5:2 for me is, that I can plan the fasts around my social life. I can almost always fit in two fasts. Fasting 3 times or even everyother day would start to conflict with my life and thus for me it is not sustainable.

There is nothing 'wrong' with 4:3 or ADF. Just try it out and see how it suits you.
  • janetteluparia
    janetteluparia Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Agreed, it feels harder to do it regularly. It is a good way to break a plateau though.
  • flinx1241
    flinx1241 Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    I've done 4:3 for the last 15 months or so, and it works great for me (down about 90 lbs). I tend to indulge quite a bit on the weekends (parties, etc), and having the set diet days of Monday, Wednesday and Friday provides the structure I need to get back on track. For the holidays, it's been more of a 5:2 thing, due to several of the "big" days falling on my usual diet days, but not a big deal. Will get back on the regular track after the 6th...
  • eychenn
    eychenn Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input everyone! I'm going to try for a 4:3 week and see how that goes.
  • zahid222
    zahid222 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    flinx1241 wrote: »
    I've done 4:3 for the last 15 months or so, and it works great for me (down about 90 lbs). I tend to indulge quite a bit on the weekends (parties, etc), and having the set diet days of Monday, Wednesday and Friday provides the structure I need to get back on track. For the holidays, it's been more of a 5:2 thing, due to several of the "big" days falling on my usual diet days, but not a big deal. Will get back on the regular track after the 6th...

90 lbs!!!!! WOW!!!!!! How long did it take?
  • lngbrd
    lngbrd Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing 15 months
  • zahid222
    zahid222 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    lngbrd wrote: »
    I'm guessing 15 months

My apologies!!
  • flinx1241
    flinx1241 Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    LOL ... Things have been slow going after the holiday break. Just in the last few weeks that I worked it back below my pre-Thanksgiving weight. No worries, though. Well worth it.
  • lngbrd
    lngbrd Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    zahid222 wrote: »
    lngbrd wrote: »
    I'm guessing 15 months

My apologies!!

Hahaha, just having fun with you.