already hit a stall - 14 days out

Options
idalooses
idalooses Posts: 30 Member
<3 had gastric bypass Feb 3 and lost 20# in 10 days! on next weigh date i had hit a stall and even the next weigh date no further weight loss??? very disappointed and frustrated.... cause? i don't know except when i started posting in my food diary, i noticed i wasn't getting in enough protein and getting too much carbs in form of SF pudding?? go figure.... any help would be appreciated (*)

Replies

• readallday
    readallday Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    The two week out stall is very, very common. Your body is adjusting to its new normal and it freaks out a little. Just keep on the plan and it will pass. Focus on water and protein but it sounds like you're doing great.
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    When in doubt, trust in the program. Two or three week out stalls are very common. 20 pounds in two weeks is a lot to lose. Think of it this way; if your weight doesn't move for a week, 20 pounds in three weeks will *still* be a lot to lose!

Stick to your habits and behaviors and track your weight over the long term. You will look at that chart in a couple of months and the stall will be early invisible.

Rob
  • JenaOnTrack74
    JenaOnTrack74 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Trust in the process! You're going to do great!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I am almost six weeks out and just went through my first. Not uncommon at all, just stay the course. Your body will catch up.
  • madmags
    madmags Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    rpyle111 wrote: »
    You will look at that chart in a couple of months and the stall will be early invisible.

Rob

So true
  • Jessicadmx
    Jessicadmx Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I get stalls every few weeks. Just keep doing the program and your body will respond.
  • eorel72905
    eorel72905 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    idalooses wrote: »
    <3 had gastric bypass Feb 3 and lost 20# in 10 days! on next weigh date i had hit a stall and even the next weigh date no further weight loss??? very disappointed and frustrated.... cause? i don't know except when i started posting in my food diary, i noticed i wasn't getting in enough protein and getting too much carbs in form of SF pudding?? go figure.... any help would be appreciated (*)

Just keep getting in your protein and liquids and keep walking. Had my bypass on 1/19/15 and i hit a stall every so often.
  • lorilbuckner1
    lorilbuckner1 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Im 12 days out and the last 4 days my weight has gone up one pound stayed there. Finally today back down one pound. I admit gaining kinda threw me.. How does one gain on 400 calories a day? But... I know these first few weeks our bodies are trying to figure out what the heck is going on. Just sticking to the plan. This too shall pass ☺
  • loriloftness
    loriloftness Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Keep your protein level at your goals and get in your fluids. Your body will adjust and you will lose.
  • ac7nj
    ac7nj Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    IMHO too many of us have scale syndrome we weight every day, and then have unrealistic expectations. My strongest advice is to only weight once a month. I'm just 2 pounds away from loosening 100. Weighed today if I hover over the scale it's like watching a pot boil.

Randy
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I have vowed to myself to weigh myself once a week. One of the problems I had in the past was never getting on and not maintaining that accountability to myself of keeping track and taking action when changes are seen.
    It's sort of fun to watch the scale drop, but once it slows or stops I can become discouraged and not want to reproduce those feelings by getting on the scale.
  • idalooses
    idalooses Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    thanks to everyone for their suggestions and comments!! very much appreciated! Everyone was right - I'm down 3.5#s!!! I'm sticking to the food plan and gonna start my gym membership on Tuesday!! can't wait! <3 (*)
  • JenaOnTrack74
    JenaOnTrack74 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    ac7nj wrote: »
    IMHO too many of us have scale syndrome we weight every day, and then have unrealistic expectations. My strongest advice is to only weight once a month. I'm just 2 pounds away from loosening 100. Weighed today if I hover over the scale it's like watching a pot boil.

Randy

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR SUCCESS!
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Nice going @idalooses! Glad the scale is seeing things your way.