Down 5 pounds by April

Options
Hello everyone, my goal is to lose 5 pounds this month. Who is with me?

Replies

• yuyutu81
    yuyutu81 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am!! I hope I can do more but 5lbs sounds like a realistic and healthy goal. What is your plan to get to your goal?
  • lilalief
    lilalief Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am too! :smile:

So far I've lost 5.1 kg (11lbs) but still have to lose another 5 kg/ 11 lbs! So 5 lbs this month would be perfect!

I'm planning on exercising regularly, about 4 workouts a week, and eat clean. I usually go to the gym or go for a run outside.

Good luck! :smiley:
  • Fatimahasnain
    Fatimahasnain Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have to lose last 5 lbs... It will be great to reduce this month...current at 115 lbs.. GW 110 lbs..
  • yuyutu81
    Options
    lilalief wrote: »

So far I've lost 5.1 kg (11lbs) but still have to lose another 5 kg/ 11 lbs! So 5 lbs this month would be perfect!

I'm planning on exercising regularly, about 4 workouts a week, and eat clean. I usually go to the gym or go for a run outside.

Congratulations Lilalief!

I am doing pretty much the same thing. Eating as clean as possible and stay on all my vitamins and hit the gym at least 4 times a week hard core. Mix up all my routine with cardios and tons of strength training to build muscles. Keep us posted.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    lilalief wrote: »

Great job and it sounds like you've got a good plan.

I have about 12 more pounds I want to lose, so the 5 pound challenge for this month sounds doable. It'll give me some incentive to stick to my plan better ;) I'm doing the Ultimate Warrior calendar for Les Mills Combat and doing some Pump on the HIIT days along with whatever else is on the schedule. I'm also working hard to clean up my diet again so I can be done with the weight loss portion of this for once and for all!

Good luck all!

• nyusha
    nyusha Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I lost about 5 in February, another 5 in March would be great. I'm about 7-8 away from goal.
    I'm hitting the gym 6 days/ week, combo of HIIT bootcamp days and heavy lifting, plus one day of yoga. Eating clean, HFLC. Wine 2 days a week max.
  • aam117
    aam117 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping for 5 this month as well. I'm 150 right now and my goal is to end up between 140-145. Mainly more tightened and toned, not huge weight loss. The trick for me is probably going to be aiming for consistency in my workouts (shooting for 6 days a week this month) and keeping from "splurging" when I have a really good burn.
  • kerriberri1013
    Options
    I am gonna be working hard to lose 5 lbs this month and the next few months as well! a couple more lbs would be nice, but 5 lbs sounds like a realistic target and i feel that I wont be discouraged like if I was to get my goal at 10 or 15 lbs
  • aleesha9109
    aleesha9109 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I've lost 32 pounds so far.my start weight was 215 and now I weight 183.I am 5'11" My goal weight is 160!
  • korisherman
    korisherman Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! I need to lose fat and gain muscle for sure. 5 lbs of fat lost would be awesome!
  • aleenaaaaaa
    aleenaaaaaa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey guys im new here, and like yall I would love to lose just 5 pounds...my highest was 138 but ive dropped down to 133 pounds but i would ultimately love to be 120 pounds<3 im lacking motivation right now but hopefully myfittnesspal community can help :)
  • aam117
    aam117 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    anyone else hesitate to log/post a 1 lbs loss at this point since it seems to fluctuate really easy with bad/good days or water retention? or i guess at what point do you all consider it a loss (after a few days, after a week, etc)
  • sdado1013
    sdado1013 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    aam117 wrote: »
    anyone else hesitate to log/post a 1 lbs loss at this point since it seems to fluctuate really easy with bad/good days or water retention? or i guess at what point do you all consider it a loss (after a few days, after a week, etc)

You could record all weigh ins and then look at the average trend. Just realize it will be normal for weight to go up and down a little even as much as +/-5 lbs due to water and what not and be patient to wait and see the downward trend.
  • Tatyanne
    Tatyanne Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
    Currently 139.8lbs
  • ivoluntas
    ivoluntas Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My goal is five pounds as well. I've done lots of weight lifting the past five Months but my diet hasn't been great. The past two weeks I have started cutting so Def eating cleaner and less. I've also cut added sugar which has been hard. I've had headaches but I've been sleeping a lot better. I plan on sticking with low sugar for a while though. It gets harder the less you have to lose but I'm determined to get leaner. Good luck!
  • ivoluntas
    ivoluntas Posts: 30 Member
    Options

This is the most frustrating aspect. Especially when the scale at the gym says one thing and the digital another. I think the gym scale is more accurate unfortunately. But as another poster said it's probably best to wait until you see a downward trend. I know I
    put on at least 3 pounds around my period with water. I think my high sodium diet could be a culprit.
  • yuyutu81
    Options

I don't log changes less than 1 lb and I don't weight myself everyday but once a week or every other week. I let my clothes speak the truth. Lol.
  • yuyutu81
    Options
    Just want to give you all a quick updates. I just incorporated daily run into my work out routine (I hate running, and suck at it) after talking to my buddy who used to be a pro baseball player and on top of his game physically.

I just started this week and already can tell the difference (my body feels tighter) so I think this would really help me reach my goal.
  • claudiamejia2
    claudiamejia2 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    yuyutu81 wrote: »
    Just want to give you all a quick updates. I just incorporated daily run into my work out routine (I hate running, and suck at it) after talking to my buddy who used to be a pro baseball player and on top of his game physically.

I just started this week and already can tell the difference (my body feels tighter) so I think this would really help me reach my goal.

Running is a fantastic cardio workout, I feel it helps improve posture-have to engage the core at all times-running also helps with overall fat burn!
  • kalin73
    kalin73 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!