Weekly Post - 01/03 - 07/03/15

Options
flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
I had a good week weight / fast and exercise wise. Hoping I can keep this up in March too. I'm enjoying being back up to speed with my strength/cardio circuits. They are so good for me! Please remind me of this, when I get lazy :p

Spring isn't quite here yet, but the longer days are already having a positve effect on my energy levels. B)

After my morning ride, I'm off to birthday festivities. So no dieting on Sunday for me...

Have a great Sunday!

Replies

• snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    flumi_f wrote: »

Spring isn't quite here yet, but the longer days are already having a positive effect on my energy levels. B)

I feel the same...it is so nice to wake-up and the sun is out! No more dark mornings :D Weighed myself in forever. I've been scared cause I've been off 5:2 for a few weeks. So happy to see that I am .2 lbs down from the last weigh in. Bring on Spring!! B)
  • flumi_f
    Options
    That's a winner in my book, Snaps!
  • mwhite61451
    mwhite61451 Posts: 209 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    It's snowing...we will never see Spring...Virginia is now in the Arctic. Daylight could be 24 hours, but not much good if it's 20 outside....Now I can stop whining :s
  • iwannabeonthebeach
    iwannabeonthebeach Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Had a very productive morning fiddling around in the kitchen: beef stroganoff in the slow cooker for dinner, another batch of veggie soup made for the next 4 FD's, plus some low fat greek yoghurt "cooking" away in the easiyo. I love how much energy I have these days!
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Good start to the week with 3 exercise sessions, walk, Turbo (stationary bike) and circuit training. now I just have to keep it up.
  • SofaKween
    SofaKween Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I really need to do more exercise - have signed up for a 10k in July so hopefully that will keep me focussed. Going to plan workouts a couple of weeks ahead and write them in my diary. I have a "taster" TRX session at the gym tomorrow, should be interesting.
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    It's snowing...we will never see Spring...Virginia is now in the Arctic. Daylight could be 24 hours, but not much good if it's 20 outside....Now I can stop whining :s

So sorry you all are buried in snow. Wish they could haul it all away over to us, here in Southern California. We sure could use the water! Hang in there. Pretty soon you will be able to whine about the heat. ;)
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Fast day today. Had a very productive day. I made 4 different lots of protein balls and I'll freeze them tonight. Made some jelly whip knowing that I've allowed for it as my dessert heeheehee. I was expecting to go to work today so I smashed out a workout at 4.30am but then miss 6 came out of bed with a lovely high fever and swollen throat (tonsillitis)
    So I cooked while she snuggled on the couch. As far as fast days go? Today has been not too bad
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Had a good weekend. We are moving at the end of the month, so we packed a good bit. Spent all day making food for the week. I'd love to hit 10lbs lost this week. I just can't even imagine! YAY!
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Why are Monday fast days so much easier than the ones later in the week?? Any way, this one flew by.

Grey's Anatomy and my evening tea, then I'm off to bed after a successful fast.

Have a great day!
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    Options
    I'm doing really good today! Not even any major hunger pangs. However, I am looking forward to dinner! ;)
  • cal0rina
    cal0rina Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    First fast in over a week almost completed, loads of veggies for tea and someone at work noticed that I have lost weight, back in the game!
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    Options
    Yayyyyyy everyone is doing fanbloodytastic!!!! I'm off to get all my weight and measurements done at the gym today. I'm hoping I've lost some size.
    Have a great day / night everyone
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    With Little League starting for my DS, I didn't have time to even post my weight for the week. No loss this week. :disappointed: Hoping for something grand next week!

Getting through my first fast day today. Wishing you all a great week.

Week 26 - .0 lbs (0.0 kg )
    Total loss as of 02/27/2015 14.4 lbs (6.53 kg)
  • SofaKween
    SofaKween Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Today's FD has been a long day - felt fine yesterday but today am full of cold and feeling ever so slightly sorry for myself with a very sore nose; hopefully it will go as quickly as it came. jknight my scales steadfastly refused to budge for nearly three weeks so I know just how you feel, but even though the scales said no, my body has continued to change and I'm now close to dropping another dress size. A total loss of over 6.5 kg is amazing.

Karen - up at 4.30 a.m. for a workout? I can't even drag my eyes open at that time of the morning!

My TRX sessions today was much harder than it looks on youtube - could have done with better mirrors as getting the correct positioning was difficult at times. Not sure if I'll have the confidence to try the moves on my own.
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    Options
    Lol i normally start work at 6am
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    Options
    Good morning! feast day.. started my morning with blueberries and raspberries and drinking some plain tea! Eating clean this week hoping for another loss!
  • thecarbmonster
    thecarbmonster Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Happy new week, yall!

I've been trying to shift my goals from focusing on my lowest weight of the week (after fast days) to focusing on the week to week progress of my high numbers of the week (after non-fasting and weekend eating). I get stuck in the rut of trying to get back to a certain lowest number instead of focusing on the more realistic progress of seeing my weight go down after normal/non-fasting days (when your body is retaining normal amounts of water from normal amounts of eating vs less water retention due to less eating on fasting days).

Excited to see my highest of the week still under 295. That has been my latest goal- aiming for consistency. My lowest "high weight" of a week was 292 on 1/26, and my highest weight of this week was 292.6, so my goal is to see 292 or less for my "high weight" next week!

And cause I love my charts (especially because it helps motivate me to keep going even when I feel like I've been stalling out hovering in the same 10 pounds).

60sx1cpyonnh.png

• flumi_f
    Options
    Yup Carbi - charts are awesome. Your trend is still downwards, so all is good!
  • forevertoday
    forevertoday Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Made a decision to start 5:2 tomorrow for the first time ever with a FD, but still doing my research on it.
    Today I stayed at my regular calorie goal of 1400 and will keep that goal on the eat days as I do not trust myself to not calculate or eat more, I feel like 1400 is my safety net right now.