Hello I'm new and I have the slevee

Options
2»

Replies

• mae7365
    mae7365 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I had a difficult time keeping anything down the first 8-10 weeks post op. My doctor assured me that he had never had a gastric sleeve patient die of starvation and I should eat when I was hungry and not eat if I wasn't. He was more concerned about hydration. He assured me if I was still vomiting at my 3 month post op appointment, he would be concerned. As he assured me, my vomiting stopped around 10 weeks and now at 14 weeks post op, I feel great. I can eat just about anything (no pasta, rice etc yet) and I've finally figured out how to stop eating before I get sick.
  • Jessicadmx
    Jessicadmx Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi I would also love more friends. I had my sleeve on Jan 12th, 2015 so 6 weeks ago. The first month I was starving. These last 2 weeks I'm still hungry but it's not as bad. I also started walking on week 5 and I think that helped with the hunger. My problem is that I have not been able to keep any food down except apple sauce, bananas and grapes. I can only take one bite when I eat. All other food stays down for about 30 min and then I get super hot with that metal taste watering up in my mouth and it comes back out. I'm very concerened because I cant drink the protien shakes either. As for water the most I have gotten down was 40 oz in one day but then I couldnt eat. Im losing lots of weight but with what my intake is there is no way its healthy weight loss. I cant even take any of the recomended multi-vitamins with it coming up but I think thats because the powder it turns into grosses me out. Anyone recomend a liquid multi vitamin?

Start of 2 week Pre-Op: 242 lbs
    Current: 198

My phase 3 appt is this Monday

Maybe ask your doctor about this...maybe the top of the sleeve is to tight at the top. I could barely get done full liquids at first but he assured me it would loosen and now I am fine. Did you have a Hiatial hernia fixed as well? Maybe the sphincter is to tight at the stomach opening. Keep us posted.
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    @stephanie - I want to congratulate you on reaching Onederland - but I'm concerned for your health. Please keep us posted on your appt.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Hi I would also love more friends. I had my sleeve on Jan 12th, 2015 so 6 weeks ago. The first month I was starving. These last 2 weeks I'm still hungry but it's not as bad. I also started walking on week 5 and I think that helped with the hunger. My problem is that I have not been able to keep any food down except apple sauce, bananas and grapes. I can only take one bite when I eat. All other food stays down for about 30 min and then I get super hot with that metal taste watering up in my mouth and it comes back out. I'm very concerened because I cant drink the protien shakes either. As for water the most I have gotten down was 40 oz in one day but then I couldnt eat. Im losing lots of weight but with what my intake is there is no way its healthy weight loss. I cant even take any of the recomended multi-vitamins with it coming up but I think thats because the powder it turns into grosses me out. Anyone recomend a liquid multi vitamin?

Start of 2 week Pre-Op: 242 lbs
    Current: 198

My phase 3 appt is this Monday

Stephanie, You might be eating too much or too fast. Either will cause this reation. I used to get this before I figured out my "full cue". Once I feel the need to burp, I'm done. I cannot go by a certain measurment of food. Sometimes, even now 3.5 years out, a serving is too much. So when I feel the need to burp I stop eating, even if I do burp. The other thing you might try is Unjurys chicken and beef broths. Good protein but because they are water based, they are thinner. Those were much easier for me to drink in the beginning than the shakes were.

Pat

• chip305
    chip305 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I was sleeved 12/2/14 I'm down 71# with 38# to goal.