What are you working on?

Options
zorahgail
zorahgail Posts: 91 Member
Just curious about how everyone's doing.

I'm in the 7th week of offseason and will probably take a deload next week. This stuff is harder for me than meet prep because I'm building up my weaknesses. Haven't decided on a meet, but have decided that I want to total 1000 lbs @ 148 at the next one I do.

Hope everyone's getting the gains they're working towards :smile:

Replies

• jlclabo
    jlclabo Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    good luck on the 1k total..... im currently working through some of the worst meet prep ive had to date.... it is sucking severely bad. bench is off, squat is off.... deads are the only thing feeling remotely decent, but unfortunately ive only got to deadlift 2 times this entire meet prep, lol....
  • littleknownblogger
    Options
    I'm just starting back into powerlifting after a TWENTY-YEAR hiatus (I just couldn't do powerlifting and still pass my military PT tests). I'm going back to the program that got me started in high school: Bigger, Faster, Stronger. Good luck to us all!
  • scooterjay_wwis
    scooterjay_wwis Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting back into powerlifting after a TWENTY-YEAR hiatus (I just couldn't do powerlifting and still pass my military PT tests). I'm going back to the program that got me started in high school: Bigger, Faster, Stronger. Good luck to us all!

WOW 20 years....
    just like riding a bike.
    It was about a 10 year leave for me.
    started back doing StrongLifts 5x5
  • ttippie2000
    ttippie2000 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I've just made the decision to compete but haven't gone to my first meet yet. I'd be getting a late start at age 52 and need to cut down to 205. I'm already squatting above the state record level but need about 25 pounds on my bench and 45 pounds on my deadlift to beat the state record. (That's based on USAPL standings for 50-54 @205 natural raw men). Got a partner to help me train and a good power rack.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I just finished the third week of my current program. Very slow tempo high volume that's paying off big time - all three lifts are feeling smooth and sweet. Building as much strength as I can for provincials in July - aiming for a 400+ kg total and all the provincial records.

Just getting my thoughts together so that I know what to ask my programmer for in the next cycle. Love that he's throwing some of his hardest programming my way because he knows I can handle it!
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    500 lb deadlift is my short term goal. It's possible but a stretch that I could do it immediately. I may not actually attempt it until my next meet.
  • jlclabo
    Options
    500 lb deadlift is my short term goal. It's possible but a stretch that I could do it immediately. I may not actually attempt it until my next meet.
    with what ive seen in your videos lately, you should be very very close right now. have you selected your next meet?

• MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    jlclabo wrote: »
    with what ive seen in your videos lately, you should be very very close right now. have you selected your next meet?

Thanks. This summer there is a meet I want to do. I tweaked my shoulder and my bench is in the tank, need some time for rehab and strength building.
  • ttippie2000
    ttippie2000 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    ME leg day this week yielded a 415 lb sumo style squat with an additional 100 lbs of band tension. Also that day I pulled 445 on a sumo style deadlift. It went up easy. I bumped it up to 465 and missed, clearly due to losing my arch, which means ab work. I had the legs for it easy. Combined is at 1150 right now, which is lower than I'd like (but I'm working on it). Cutting weight down to 205 will take a bit. Then I'll find a meet.
  • milileitner
    milileitner Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm working through Wendler right now in prep for a May 2 meet. Goal is 400 wilks, raw no wraps. Wendler's just getting to that point of hitting PRs now :)
  • zorahgail
    Options
    Decided to continue with offseason training. Doing base building work that started this week. Am also working on weight loss, since I'm 20 lbs. over where I want to be. Going to be very intentional about it and aware of my mindset, since I've made myself bonkers crazy in the past.

Tested my 3RM for squats yesterday, belt only. 265 lbs no problem; first two were fast and third slowed down out of the hole. Last summer I could barely eek out a double grinder at 275 lbs. It's a win :smile:
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I take pride in a strong incline bench. At 34 I hit a 405 max. I'm 48, had shoulder surgery 15 months ago. Going for 350 Saturday, another year or so I want 405 again. Weighing 245 now.
  • cbarn025
    cbarn025 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    Nice^^^^ I'm trying to improve my deadlift. I just stopped doing it for awhile so trying to get back on it.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,305 Member
    Options
    My goal is to increase my 1155 total to 1200 by end of the year, with sub-goals of 500 squat and 300 bench. Need 25# on each to reach those numbers. (BW 182)
  • zorahgail
    Options
    Got hit w/ a nasty upper respiratory infection on Sunday 4/12. Finally went into urgent care yesterday because I had a hard time breathing. Got meds, gonna rest up this week.
  • CarlKRobbo
    CarlKRobbo Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I thought I posted this a while back, but anyway:

Goal 1 - Next comp (May) total 650KG (1433lbs) @ 93KG\205Lbs

Goal 2 - 500LB Squat - 227.5KG.. Hoping to hit 230KG in next comp

Goal 3 - 300KG Deadlift - 661lbs - Hoping for 275KG (606Lbs) at comp

Goal 4 - Break the 1500Lbs (680KG) Barrier

All in the 93KG class (205Lbs)

Simple Really.

Lots to come on Bench. I'm fixed post Injury, but agreed till after comp to push it, But we could be looking at 130KG (Last comp), 145KG (Next comp) 160KG at Nationals
  • jlclabo
    Options
    New goals for this year.....
    700 squat
    400 bench
    650 deadlift
    1700+ total for GPC Worlds in Sept.
    currently platform numbers are
    625 squat, was good for 650-660
    370 bench, was good for 380-385
    605 deadlift, might have been able to grind out 620-625
    1600 total.
  • zorahgail
    Options
    Decided on a meet. It'll be at my home gym on October 10th. Targeting 1,000 lbs. total at 148 lbs.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,305 Member
    Options
    That's a very healthy goal. By BW comparison, that'd be like me gunning for 1250, while I'm at 1165. In other words, pound for pound stronger than I am.