Sudden Energy?

Options
sweetteadrinker2
sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
I haven't been able to keep still the past 2 days, fidgeting in class, bouncing on the balls of my feet when talking to people. I just knocked out 60 squats (never done one before today....) and went on a 30 minute jog/run without getting winded or feeling tired. Over 10,000 steps today from pacing besides that too. I've been on this WOE for about 6 weeks, only a few days over 20 grams of carbs, and not one over 40. What is this sudden change and will it stick around?

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I had that when I first went LCHF, but I haven't found my stride yet since dropping fully into Keto (but it's only been about 2 weeks). As long as I was eating LCHF, I had that level of energy. So I would guess yes, it'll stick around as long as you use it and don't train your body to ignore it...
  • DinoChicken
    DinoChicken Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I agree with knitorMiss.. The energy will last. Its yours and you've earned it.. But if you don't set good habits to utilize it your body will adjust to the feeling and you won't notice it anymore.
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    sounds fantastic - well done!
  • aleehagen
    aleehagen Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Used to be like this, but it has turned now into more of a steady all day burn.
  • sweetteadrinker2
    Options
    My muscles need time to catch up. Energy levels are somewhere between "let's go run for half an hour" to "let's go do suicide runs for the heck of it". My leg muscles disagree with anything that isn't laying down >:)
  • Mistizoom
    Mistizoom Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    aleehagen wrote: »

This is how it is for me too.
  • SteveKroll
    SteveKroll Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    aleehagen wrote: »
    Same here.
  • Mistizoom
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    I had that when I first went LCHF, but I haven't found my stride yet since dropping fully into Keto (but it's only been about 2 weeks). As long as I was eating LCHF, I had that level of energy. So I would guess yes, it'll stick around as long as you use it and don't train your body to ignore it...

Side question - just curious as to what criteria are you using to define LCHF vs. keto? I personally use the terms interchangeably, as in am in ketosis when eating a LCHF diet. Did you have a different experience?
  • sweetteadrinker2
    Options
    Generally LCHF is more general than keto. Keto implies really low carb and ketosis, LCHF is anything that is less carby than SAD and replaces that with fat, but not ketosis.
  • Mistizoom
    Options
    Generally LCHF is more general than keto. Keto implies really low carb and ketosis, LCHF is anything that is less carby than SAD and replaces that with fat, but not ketosis.

Thanks, that's not how I've seen the definitions used in other places, but I certainly am in the "keto" camp, then.
  • KETOGENICGURL
    KETOGENICGURL Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I haven't been able to keep still the past 2 days, What is this sudden change and will it stick around?
    YES!
    I'm having the exact experience with MENTAL clarity the last 2 weeks. (and a bonus of no joint inflammation, as an older female who cannot run/do gym)

Because you are young and do exercise, this is where you noticed it. Bet your mind is sharper too? less crabby, more calm..thank the Ketones.

There is a funny radio ad for Texas superfood (52 veggies in a capsule) now playing on West coast. Each person is so hyped up because they FEEL so good.. It plays on the way we COMPLAIN when we feel lousy..but this is reversed. Man "Doc, WHY do I feel so great??!! and ends with a hyper, fast speaking girl shrieking" WHY do I have this energy!? WHY?" WHY?!"
    ..cracks me up every time.
    this is KETO BRAIN your brain burning Ketones..much better than GrainBrain, or Wheat Belly (2 books on the horrors of high carb)
  • sweetteadrinker2
    Options
    I haven't been able to keep still the past 2 days, What is this sudden change and will it stick around?
    YES!
    I'm having the exact experience with MENTAL clarity the last 2 weeks. (and a bonus of no joint inflammation, as an older female who cannot run/do gym)

Because you are young and do exercise, this is where you noticed it. Bet your mind is sharper too? less crabby, more calm..thank the Ketones.

There is a funny radio ad for Texas superfood (52 veggies in a capsule) now playing on West coast. Each person is so hyped up because they FEEL so good.. It plays on the way we COMPLAIN when we feel lousy..but this is reversed. Man "Doc, WHY do I feel so great??!! and ends with a hyper, fast speaking girl shrieking" WHY do I have this energy!? WHY?" WHY?!"
    ..cracks me up every time.
    this is KETO BRAIN your brain burning Ketones..much better than GrainBrain, or Wheat Belly (2 books on the horrors of high carb)

Sometimes my mind is super sharp, but other times worse than before. I'll take all of it though.

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Mistizoom wrote: »
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »

Side question - just curious as to what criteria are you using to define LCHF vs. keto? I personally use the terms interchangeably, as in am in ketosis when eating a LCHF diet. Did you have a different experience?

@MistiZoom

For me, LCHF just meant ballparking my carbs at 50 grams (total, not net). I went over a couple times, but not much. (Like a day at 55, and one at 57, a week or more apart). Most days were in the 30 gram range, but I still had cravings if I went much over that and hadn't upped my fats, so I figured I might go ahead and drop down to 20-25 grams (net) and see if I could get into ketosis instead of yo-yoing up and down (and nuke those remaining cravings). My endo had suggested starting with 50 grams of carbs as a starting point, to go up or down, as I felt worked for me.

I still have problems once in a while with wanting weird foods (off and on for me, it has been any of my cocoa powder related snacks - poor man's mousse, fat bombs, etc. I had been chocolate free for a month or more before that... Might have to go back to that.) Yesterday, I was oddly hungry a lot of the day, that and very salt drive, which may have been a slow, indirect reaction to a lot of stress at home (financial) this past week/weekend. So I focused just on carbs, and at a lot, I mean A LOT, of fat yesterday... My % was like 84%-85% fat... But I was still craving that chocolate mousse. It still fit my macro, but I had almost all my carbs in a 2-4 hour period in the evening, and I'm thinking that might have slowed my keto...

Hope that answers...sorry for rambling.