2»

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    soaps54 wrote: »

Carol is brilliant.

Good episode.

She totally had me fooled!!! When she said she missed Ed I thought "the same guy that beat you?!?! WTF!?!?" Then when she said something to the effect of 'I'm their den mother and they protect me' I caught on to what she was doing and I think it's genius!!! She is trying to integrate herself as fast as possible so she can find out what is really going on in that community. I also had to laugh a little when Daryl told her she looked ridiculous.

Totally loved Carol - she had me fooled at first too, then I realized, of course, she's brilliant! Loved it when she told Daryl to take a shower, and said she'd hose him down in his sleep if he didn't! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Curious about the other kids, especially the girl - the comic book said something about Wolves in the title, and there was the wolves graffiti in Noah's neighborhood a few weeks ago....

Loved Glenn ducking Aiden's swing and then knocking him on his butt! Glenn has come a long way since the beginning!

thefeniks wrote: »
    One other thing I liked was how Rick covered up Noah after he covered Carl when he got up. Just a subtle way to show how Rick has welcomed Noah into the group and to further show how Rick views them all as his family.
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    I liked how Rick and Michonne were both up in the middle of the night and Rick called it - they are back in synch so even though they disagreed, the group is strong. Also liked Rick and Carl's moment killing walkers. When Carl showed up right when Rick found the gun missing, I feel like it was probably the first time Rick saw him as solid backup rather than just a kid who fights well...for a kid.
    It is great seeing them sort of fall into sync - this group has been together for awhile, they know each other, they are a team, they are family after everything they've been through, and as disjointed as they seemed in the past few episodes, now that they are in new surroundings with new people, they are coming together again. I liked the Rick & Michone moment when they were at the window during the night, and he touched her shoulder as he walked past. That and covering Noah, fighting walkers with Carl without really even needing to say anything to each other - good stuff.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    You know with all the monitoring Aaron did of the group (and I still don't understand how someone could fool our group and especially Darryl, but whatever) and how Deanna taped each one during their interview with her, do you think the two homes they received are bugged in some way for her and someone else or some others to monitor what Rick's group talks about?

I just got this nagging feeling that they are still being electronically monitored somehow.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    AmyRhubarb wrote: »

Curious about the other kids, especially the girl - the comic book said something about Wolves in the title, and there was the wolves graffiti in Noah's neighborhood a few weeks ago....

Oh nice spot!! That might lend credence to my theory that she is connected to whoever the wolves are and they are connected to Alexandria. I do remember that she got it out of Carl's sight pretty quickly.

• AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    You know with all the monitoring Aaron did of the group (and I still don't understand how someone could fool our group and especially Darryl, but whatever) and how Deanna taped each one during their interview with her, do you think the two homes they received are bugged in some way for her and someone else or some others to monitor what Rick's group talks about?

I just got this nagging feeling that they are still being electronically monitored somehow.

I didn't even think of this but clearly they have the means to do so. That listening device that Aaron had in his car was not your every day run of the mill equipment that people would have laying around.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Rick's shaven face <3

That's all I have to add to this conversation ;)

Edit: And Rick's showered shirtlessness.
  • sofaking6
    Options
    If it had been Darryl getting a hot shower and a haircut...that episode would stay on my DVR forever.
  • timetravelforfitness
    timetravelforfitness Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    If Alanna Masterson (Tara) is never a guest on Talking Dead again I would be ok with that. I found her attempts at humor annoying and she tried to monopolize the conversation.

I did think that Timothy Simmons was really good though. He offered a lot of good insights.

I'm not done reading this thread, but I agree. I feel bad, because I know I'd be just as awkward as she was, but ... well, I didn't expect her to be so similar to her character (especially given how much of a shock it still is every time I hear "Daryl" and "Rick" speak).
  • timetravelforfitness
    timetravelforfitness Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I really feel like Enid doesn't like Carl because he and his group are a real threat to whatever she (and a group I'm sure she's meeting) had planned. And, while I think it would be possible for Alexandria to be monitoring them, I feel like they really just wouldn't think of it. It really does feel as though they don't comprehend what is going on. The way Aidan and his group seemed to want revenge on the walker, the way they just let the whole group in. Even without their guns I feel like Rick's group could take everyone in the town.

I live between Alexandria and DC, anyone else annoyed by the highway sign that had the mileage all messed up (as well as having the towns listed by furthest away rather than closest)? That sort of thing always makes me lose my ability to suspend disbelief. I know, I'm so anal.
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    If Alanna Masterson (Tara) is never a guest on Talking Dead again I would be ok with that. I found her attempts at humor annoying and she tried to monopolize the conversation.

I did think that Timothy Simmons was really good though. He offered a lot of good insights.

Couldn't agree more. That was painful.

As for last week's episode, I thought it was brilliant and I took great pleasure telling my 2 sons (Aidan and Nicholas) that their counterparts in the show were total knobs :p

• sofaking6
    Options
    I really feel like Enid doesn't like Carl because he and his group are a real threat to whatever she (and a group I'm sure she's meeting) had planned. And, while I think it would be possible for Alexandria to be monitoring them, I feel like they really just wouldn't think of it. It really does feel as though they don't comprehend what is going on. The way Aidan and his group seemed to want revenge on the walker, the way they just let the whole group in. Even without their guns I feel like Rick's group could take everyone in the town.

I also don't get the 'monitoring' feeling, mostly since they've been open about all that equipment. I do wonder where they got it though - maybe Aaron was a tech blogger?
    -
    The weirdness was how they wanted revenge on the walker that killed their friend. It reminded me of Lizzie, thinking the walkers are individuals with consciousness..es...
  • Lunapiaffe
    Options
    Am I the only person who thought it was way to easy for the girl to climb out and back in?whats to stop anyone from breeching the perimeter and taking the town pretty easily? rick became sheriff with access to everything pretty easily too. How did this group last so long? So glad they finally got to bathe! Yes Carol is too awesome
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Lunapiaffe wrote: »
    Am I the only person who thought it was way to easy for the girl to climb out and back in?whats to stop anyone from breeching the perimeter and taking the town pretty easily? rick became sheriff with access to everything pretty easily too. How did this group last so long? So glad they finally got to bathe! Yes Carol is too awesome

Yup, how lax is their security if someone can climb so easily in and out.

This wall doesn't look like the wall I imagined when Aaron first described it. I think it can withstand walkers, but a massive herd pushing against, probably not. And who would put the supports for it on the outside?! That makes no sense to me. I'm not an engineer, but work with them. Seems like the supports should go on the inside of the compound.

Carol is so brilliant to minimize herself so that none of them would see her as a threat. I can't wait to see their faces when she shows what a badass she really is.