Bullet Proof Coffee Variations?

Options
KnitOrMiss
KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
So I'm liking the effects of BPC on my mornings and such, but oh, the horror of loading up on coffee for someone who really doesn't even like coffee at all. It just "felt" more substantial than the BPTea I tried.

So, I was thinking that since back when I used to drink hot cocoa, I always bulked it up with creamer... I like that thicker feel.

So this got me thinking, what could make it more substantial. I used more coconut oil, butter, and HWC this morning, and it didn't "taste" more substantial. I thought about my guy's frozen coffee drinks he likes and about my jello fat bombs I like and a number of considerations...

Someone posted an "egg" version or something, that I need to check out (coffee-like custard might be more palatable...), but I was wondering if anyone has found away around that. I don't know if it is a mouth feel, just training my body that fat and breakfast don't have to be solid to be filling, or what...

Love to hear any thoughts of discussion on this.

Replies

• Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Dave Asprey says:
    Safe ways to tweak Bulletproof® Coffee recipe and keep the FULL EFFECTS
    BPA Free Coconut Cream or milk, NOT coconut water (especially good for frothiness)
    Upgraded Chocolate
    Upgraded Vanilla
    Cinnamon (Ceylon is best)
    Xylitol (only from hardwood, not Chinese corn)
    Erythritol (non GMO)
    Stevia

https://www.bulletproofexec.com/bulletproof-coffee-mistakes-butter-coffee-fatty-coffee-and-more/

Not saying that's all you can do, but that's what he says. I was using cocoa powder and flavored stevia in mine for a bit.

I'd also play with your fat and see what works best for you. I've been craving cream in mine lately.

I also bought one of the little $6 mixers for protein shakes at Natural Foods. It works awesome for mixing coffee with easy cleanup.
  • shadesofidaho
    shadesofidaho Posts: 485 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Did some one say you can use bullion instead of coffee? My sodium is usually in the low range so it could work for me. I never looked or paid attention to your sodium intake. Might be good. I have thought of trying it. I have not checked about carbs in bullion.

Still asleep. Is there some thing special in the coffee that makes it special or is coffee just the carrier for the butter and coconut oil?
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Do you like iced coffee or frappuccinos? I made bpc iced a couple times. Had to consume really fast though.
  • Twibbly
    Options
    Did some one say you can use bullion instead of coffee? My sodium is usually in the low range so it could work for me. I never looked or paid attention to your sodium intake. Might be good. I have thought of trying it. I have not checked about carbs in bullion.

Still asleep. Is there some thing special in the coffee that makes it special or is coffee just the carrier for the butter and coconut oil?

Caffeine and antioxidants in the coffee may affect metabolism. I actually drink a cup of broth most mornings while I'm waiting for my coffee to filter.
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Twibbly wrote: »
    Caffeine and antioxidants in the coffee may affect metabolism. I actually drink a cup of broth most mornings while I'm waiting for my coffee to filter.

Affect metabolism how? Is it a good thing or a bad thing?
  • Twibbly
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Mami1976D wrote: »

Caffeine tends to speed metabolism, especially if you aren't used to it.
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Ah, so in the obvious way. :wink:
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I know I burn extra calories from jaw movement when I have too much caffeine...
  • Fat4Fuel2
    Fat4Fuel2 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Twibbly wrote: »
    Mami1976D wrote: »

Caffeine tends to speed metabolism, especially if you aren't used to it.

It can also affect insulin sensitivity. Double edge sword.

I've made BPFatBombs... Not a drink, but same effect. Basically I mix the 1 tbs butter, 1tbs coconut oil, 1 tbs HWC, and 1/4 serving protein powder in a blender and let harden in the fridge. Tastes good and high in fat. I've also tried the BPTea. It needs to be the right tea, though. I'm a fan of it with a vanilla chi flavor.
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Aren't there coffee fat bombs somewhere? Maybe that will get you going. I know few people who don't like Coffee and it bugles my mind... I'm a coffee addict, is there a 7 step program for that?
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    itcphotog wrote: »
    Aren't there coffee fat bombs somewhere? Maybe that will get you going. I know few people who don't like Coffee and it bugles my mind... I'm a coffee addict, is there a 7 step program for that?

If there is I don't want my family to know it exists >:)
  • vanhavely
    vanhavely Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I add a little raspberry extract and coco to mine as a dessert BPC.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I might just try fat bombing in the morning (maybe with savory ones - I found an AWESOME sounding one today for bacon and eggs!!)... I was just trying to find something different for the mornings... Because eating the same food morning, noon, and night for me just doesn't work. I don't want to burn out on my "go-to" foods like I did on eggs.
  • shadesofidaho
    Options
    Hahaha some one just dropping in reading this might consider we are a bunch of perverts making bullet Proof coffee and fat Bombs. Consuming both. Now who is drinking hot grease from the frying pan?? Maybe Fit_Goat.
  • tru2one
    tru2one Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Now who is drinking hot grease from the frying pan?? Maybe Fit_Goat.

Alright, hustle on over here and mop up the spewed energy drink from my monitor before my IT person sees it... ;-)
  • GSD_Mama
    Options
    Yes, I am a Low Carb pervert and I'm proud of it!
  • shadesofidaho
    Options
    tru2one wrote: »

Alright, hustle on over here and mop up the spewed energy drink from my monitor before my IT person sees it... ;-)

@tru2one (*)
    itcphotog wrote: »
    Yes, I am a Low Carb pervert and I'm proud of it!

@itcphototog. I was referring more to the bullets and the bombs. Some one not in our league of LCHF would probably only see bullet and bomb and how to make them. We might have the Government down on us soon if we keep it up.
  • GSD_Mama
    Options
    I think for none LCHF peeps, Low Carb is a dirty word :)
  • Twibbly
    Options
    ...this seems like an appropriate place to put this. Did y'all know there is a book called "50 Shades of Chicken"? And my library carries it...
  • oyadancing
    oyadancing Posts: 91 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

I inadvertently licked a bacon fat covered spoon the other day - and liked it! Don't judge. :D

Meanwhile, my favorite BPC variation has 1T unsweetened cocoa, 1T coconut oil, 1T kerrygold, and I use the trusty stick blender to really mix this well.