Options
cobygrey
cobygrey Posts: 270 Member
Hi everyone,

Someone suggested I try this diet after reading my very long rant at the end of last week. I have just finished 4 weeks of the Medifast diet and a 5th week of very HIIT. After 5 weeks of diet and very extreme exercise( for me ). I lost a total of 11 lbs. I can not repeat 4 weeks of that terrible tasting food nor can I keep up that exercise. My religion actually encourages frequent fasting and meditation. I admit that I have not been faithful with either but I feel that this is a more realistic and potentially long lasting approach to changing my relationship with food.

So, today is my first day of fasting. I'm experiencing a bit of heartburn. I guess from execessive stomach acid? If anyone has tips or pointers that have helped you get through fast days, I would appreciate you sharing them with me.

Replies

• karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! Welcome to our little corner of the world :smile:
    Does your religion allow water? If so drink lots of water. As for the heartburn, I can only sympathise. I spent 9 months with constant heartburn three times lol. I used to take zantac for it.
    Remember that you are allowed (by the diet, again not sure about the religion) 500 calories. That allows me a small breakfast and a tiny dinner. Everyone is different though. Check out the rest of the discussions for hints and tips. These guys are all awesome.
    Good luck with your fast day!!!!!
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Watch the documentary, if you haven't already. Link is in the pinned post. It's what motivated me to start with 5:2 and I haven't looked back.

Fast day friends....protein, veggies and keeping busy ;)
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group, @cobygrey. Make sure you are getting enough fluid. Maybe some peppermint tea will settle your stomach?
  • cobygrey
    Options
    flumi_f wrote: »
    Watch the documentary, if you haven't already. Link is in the pinned post. It's what motivated me to start with 5:2 and I haven't looked back.

Fast day friends....protein, veggies and keeping busy ;)

Done!

• cobygrey
    Options
    jknight001 wrote: »
    Welcome to the group, @cobygrey. Make sure you are getting enough fluid. Maybe some peppermint tea will settle your stomach?

Hmmm, sounds good. Plus the caffeine may help with the headache. Thank you.

• jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    cobygrey wrote: »
    Hmmm, sounds good. Plus the caffeine may help with the headache. Thank you.

Headaches are most likely due to dehydration. Plenty of fluids will ease that.
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    Options
    And your body getting used to no sugar
  • cobygrey
    Options
    And your body getting used to no sugar

definitely when into sugar withdrawls

• lngbrd
    lngbrd Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I was doing medifast with my wife, I can't stand most of the food now. On 5:2 the last 2 weeks and working pretty good. 7lbs down, I know that it will slow down but I'm happy with the start.
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    Options
    Wow that is awesome!!!!
  • cobygrey
    Options
    I haven't completed my first week of 5:2 but I have completed both my fast days. I am pleased to give the following update;

Starting Weight March 2 - 199.7 lbs
    Todays Weight March 6 - 197.3 lbs

total weight lost - 2.4 lbs (just 5 days)

I did this with moderate cardio and strength for 1 hr for 3 days(non fast days)
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    cobygrey wrote: »
    I haven't completed my first week of 5:2 but I have completed both my fast days. I am pleased to give the following update;

Starting Weight March 2 - 199.7 lbs
    Todays Weight March 6 - 197.3 lbs

total weight lost - 2.4 lbs (just 5 days)

I did this with moderate cardio and strength for 1 hr for 3 days(non fast days)

That is great!