Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

New to the whole diet and pcos fun!

2»

Replies

• Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    I live 45 minutes away from Chicago Illinois, a major city. I know of many humane farms just north of New York City, NY. I dont know about your area but Id venture a guess that if you start calling and/or visiting farms just outside the city proper, you just might find a decent farm you can get eggs and milk and maybe meat from. I agree trying to find where the meat at the local store came from, but if you go to the source you might find a farm and/or farmer you like. We actually do a coop where we raise pigs for others at cost.

Just a thought if it ever comes down to having to eat meat.
  • This sounds interesting, never thought it could be done this way.. I stay in Delhi, India. I guess it would be some work initially, but it would be nice to have a place to get some healthy, nutritious food from.
  • lindseymp2015
    lindseymp2015 Posts: 11 Member
    I didn't read everything but I heard you say you were new to the kitchen. I've been looking on Pinterest for ideas that fit my plan quite fun. Most have instructions which should help you out. Or you can follow blogs. My favorite blog is "oh she glows" which is vegan but I change it up or add meat as desired. I've been avoiding breads, etc. eating more fruit, veggies, healthier meats, whole foods, increasing exercise. It's working for me. I'll see my endo next month I think he'll be happy.