Binge side affects?

Options
AmyWininger
AmyWininger Posts: 150 Member
Alright, it was my birthday a few days ago and I got snowed in at a friend's apartment for a few days. So, I ate. I ate a lot. Lol. I'm not happy to say it, but I ate a lot of carbs and sweets, and had milk. I started feeling really sick, and had some major intestinal distress. This may be tmi, but I just want to see if anyone else had this happen. Normally, I only have a bowel movement once a week, which, I know, is bad. That's just how it's been for a while. During/after the binge, I went everyday, but had diarrhea, and it was really, uh green. Like, guacamole color. ( sorry!) I haven't taken iron tablets, I haven't had any leafy green veggies or anything with an absurd amount of food dye in it, so it was a bit worrisome. Also, my face started breaking out and itching badly. Any thoughts?(besides not binging again. Lol. Definitely getting back on track now) and this binge isn't in my food diary. Haven't logged for a little while now, trying not to become to obsessive(:

Replies

• GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Well firstly, Happy Birthday!

I don't say much if I haven't anything useful to say but your itchy face sounds like an allergic reaction to me. How long is it since you ate the kind of food that you had? It's possible your body said 'Oh no you don't. You are *not* putting that rubbish back in me again!' and is kicking up a fuss!

As to the BMs. The only people I know with green 'outage' are those who eat an excess of green leaves (lettuce, spinach, kale and etc) which, as you said, is not what you were bingeing on ;) Hope someone else can help, and that all symptoms clear up quickly.
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I haven't experienced anything quite that bad but I have allowed myself a couple "sugar" moments for coworker birthdays. The same desserts I used to wolf down gave me stomach problems after a few bites. I think carbs give a lot of people digestive issues and they don't realize until they cut back. I used to take, daily, a probiotic, a slow release antacid, a quick release antacid, and usually a cup of hot tea to control stomach issues.
  • jacklynb46
    jacklynb46 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have to admit..i have done the binge thing a few times since christmas and it wasn't good..same thing stomache issues and the sugar cravings were aweful for weeks afterwards...you don't even know how bad i wanted to cave in to those cravings!But finaly the cravings are gone and i'm back on track..carbs for me are just plain bad!
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Can't recall having green poop myself, so I had to google it.

http://www.webmd.com/women/features/digestive-problems

The food you eat typically takes three days from the time you eat it until it finishes its journey in your toilet, Aserkoff says. If it takes a shorter time, the result may be greener stool because green is one of the first colors in the rainbow of the digestive process.
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Yes, green usually just means your body wanted it out, and it wanted it out sooner rather than later. You probably are now unused to the things you ate on your snowed in adventure, and you body just wanted them all gone. You will be alright, and just carry on as before.

Happy Birthday!

• vanhavely
    vanhavely Posts: 33 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    The only cravings that I have had has been baby brussels sprouts and broccoli florets covered in velveeta cheese. Which I had to satisfy or I couldn't stop thinking about it.
  • AmyWininger
    AmyWininger Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Getting back on track now, and definitely lowering the carb count. MY body just does not like them, apparently. For the itchy face, I'm guessing it was the milk I had. Milk makes me break out, but this is the first time my face has itched. Maybe I have a lactose intolerance that I never realized? That's going to make LCHF kind of difficult, no cheese and such :(
  • GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Getting back on track now, and definitely lowering the carb count. MY body just does not like them, apparently. For the itchy face, I'm guessing it was the milk I had. Milk makes me break out, but this is the first time my face has itched. Maybe I have a lactose intolerance that I never realized? That's going to make LCHF kind of difficult, no cheese and such :(

I'm pretty sure that cheese, yogurt... are a different matter than actual milk. Perhaps try 'gently' to have a little of one over a couple of days and see how you go? Then try the next non-milk dairy for a few days. Don't do them all at once or you won't know which is the culprit if you have a reaction.