Down 5 pounds by April

Options
2»

Replies

• KellyMoger
    KellyMoger Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Got near to my goal and then 8 weeks before my holiday have decided to have a crazy spree and put about 4 lbs back on!
  • claudiamejia2
    claudiamejia2 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This means cutting back 500 calories from my daily intake. 800 cal from now till then; I have to completely eliminate bread which my body absorbs too well
  • NelaHektorova
    Options
    I'm in :) I want to lose 11 lbs so losing the first 5 would be awesome
  • slimNtrim7runner
    slimNtrim7runner Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I just got back into using mfp and would love to have more motivation/support. I would definitely like to lose 5 lbs by april. Btw I'm Liz!
  • claudiamejia2
    Options
    I'm in! I just got back into using mfp and would love to have more motivation/support. I would definitely like to lose 5 lbs by april. Btw I'm Liz!

Hi Liz! Let's shed the 5, it'll be a piece of cake
  • kmbailey42
    kmbailey42 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Struggling with having a quick pick me up snack after the gym--feel so dehydrated, weak, low sugar. Then it turns into a high calories
  • claudiamejia2
    Options
    kmbailey42 wrote: »
    I'm in! Struggling with having a quick pick me up snack after the gym--feel so dehydrated, weak, low sugar. Then it turns into a high calories

I go through the same issue. It's really a battle but a battle you will overcome. The after gym crave will always be tempting to give in to because it's so easy but your May not feel so proud after the damage is done. This is when you must train your body to self discipline. Mastering this quality will benefit you no matter what you do. LET GET TO IT!
  • AliciaHollywood
    AliciaHollywood Posts: 102 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I had two major injuries last year that kept me in bed for quite a while. When I realized I couldn't fit into any of my clothes anymore and was embarrassed to be out socially, I knew it was time to do something! I don't have that much weight to lose but 10-15 lbs can make a huge difference with clothes. So I'm finally motivated to get rid of it, but I still can't do that much because of my injuries exercise-wise, but starting to use this old gazelle thing I have. Can't do weights because I fractured my right shoulder... And also had a bad knee injury. But I'm starting this IF thing (intermittent fasting) so I'm hoping that will jump start things... Started at 137, down to 133, goal 115-123 or when I look good in my clothes again :smile:
  • sdado1013
    sdado1013 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    im always looking for motivation buddies so any of you gals please feel free to add me :)
  • savannahc87
    savannahc87 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I'll be starting a round of 21 day fix extreme with one of my best friebds!! I can not wait! If anyone wants to join us send me a message and add me!! Definitely getting off at least 5 lbs and getting toned!! ;)
  • ccam99
    ccam99 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Me too! Last year this time I lost 10 lbs in 2 months (Feb/Mar). Sadly I went back to poor eating habits from the summer until now and gained it all back. So far working out for 3x a week has only netted me a 1 lb loss since Feb 1. Would love to hear how you all stay on track with your eating. I did get away from tracking and started that back up this week hoping it helps but tracking gets old. I might mention that I am older so age is playing a key roll in losing as good as I did even 1 year ago.
  • nyusha
    nyusha Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    aam117 wrote: »
    anyone else hesitate to log/post a 1 lbs loss at this point since it seems to fluctuate really easy with bad/good days or water retention? or i guess at what point do you all consider it a loss (after a few days, after a week, etc)

i write down every day and then look at trend. I can fluctuate as much as 5 lbs but still see a decline over time.
    I do carb re-feeds once a week and my biggest loss is always 2 days after that.
  • nyusha
    nyusha Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    On a different note, i now have a shoulder injury and it really limits what i can do. SO ANNOYING.
  • claudiamejia2
    Options
    I've lost 5lbs and proud I'm practically ahead considering it's only the 18th. For those who are still working at it stay strong you are almost there!
  • freefallebby
    freefallebby Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have no desire to lose 5 lbs this month (I usually only aim to lose 2lbs per month to minimize lean mass losses as I don't have much to lose) but you're all welcome to friends me anyway. :)